Ok have to try the workaround I read about.....but mine happens when I go to my messages through the message folder instead of the bbm folder. Then most of the time when I go to the BBM folder to see messages it gets stuck down or the screen freezes.....just delete this thread if this is the same group message fix etc.....but I have restarted my phone over and over and this is pissing me off
    Last edited by tscheidt; 04-29-10 at 06:06 PM.
    04-29-10 06:04 PM
    Ok have to try the workaround I read about.....but mine happens when I go to my messages through the message folder instead of the bbm folder. Then most of the time when I go to the BBM folder to see messages it gets stuck down or the screen freezes.....just delete this thread if this is the same group message fix etc.....but I have restarted my phone over and over and this is pissing me off
    Its been happening to me since 607 and I'm even running the beta bbm. I haven't seen a fix for this issue but I hope there is.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-29-10 06:19 PM
    1. Open up BBM Group you wish to chat in.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click "New Chat"

Now you will have the prompt to start a new chat and the keyboard will be displayed.

4. Press the back key.

There you have it! The keyboard will be available within the group chat.
    04-29-10 08:21 PM
    That is just long and unnecessary. Why not just do it right the first time? Why would something like this get through RIM, then through VZW, and end up in all our pockets?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 08:28 PM
    I don't do group chats. I have the same issue with one on one chats. I can't get the keyboard to show up.
    04-30-10 09:20 AM
    Downgrade to .517 and you won't have the problem anymore. There are several posts here about this. The keyboard in BBM group chats is broken in .607. You can either downgrade the OS, use the work around explained above, or the BBM5 beta fixes this issue if you got the invitation for it.

04-30-10 10:01 AM
    Downgrade to .517 and you won't have the problem anymore. There are several posts here about this. The keyboard in BBM group chats is broken in .607. You can either downgrade the OS, use the work around explained above, or the BBM5 beta fixes this issue if you got the invitation for it.

I should try it (thanks), I have just upgraded to 713, but the keyboard still won't pop up in several group chats. Will installing bbm 5.0.0.57 also fix the problem?
    06-26-10 10:19 PM
    I had this happen to me with a single chat on .713. I just ended the chat and started a new one and it worked fine.
    06-27-10 12:51 AM
    This isn't just a group chat issue. It happens in one on one chats as well. I never use group chat and get the issue. As the OP mentions, opening BBM messages from the Messages folder will cause this issue. I haven't had it when opening BBMs from the BBM app itself. That group chat fix has nothing to do with this issue.
    06-27-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD