After installing the new BBM5 and going crazy with scanning and joining and creating groups, i come to realize that I keep receiving messages from groups I've joined. The only way I know how to stop them is to LEAVE the group altogether. That seems nice and easy but then when I want to talk, I have to get invited back into the group. I was hoping that there was just some kinda way that I could just turn this off but ive found no type of feature. Does anyone else know a way to stop receiving bbm group messages other than leaving the group altogether?
    10-12-09 03:27 PM
    You have to back out of the invite several times, I had the same issue one night and it drove me crazy. The IM's were coming in so fast I couldn't do anything...
    10-12-09 03:29 PM
    I didn't find a way either so I had to leave the group. The closest I could do
    was turning off the BBM Group profile to mute. But the notification was still
    on my homescreen.
    10-12-09 03:30 PM
    You can turn off the alerts for Group BBMs. No sound, no LED. That way, you'll just get a little group BBM icon but otherwise you can ignore it.

Other than that, no, you'd have to leave the Group to stop receiving Group BBMs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 03:30 PM
    You can turn off the alerts for Group BBMs. No sound, no LED. That way, you'll just get a little group BBM icon but otherwise you can ignore it.

Other than that, no, you'd have to leave the Group to stop receiving Group BBMs.

Do you know if there is a way to contact RIM to provide feedback on features?

I would like to complain to them about this. I don't get alerts from individuals in BBM when my status is "busy," but the group alerts never stop. I would like to let RIM know my dissatisfaction with this feature.
    10-12-09 03:35 PM
    Do you know if there is a way to contact RIM to provide feedback on features?

I would like to complain to them about this. I don't get alerts from individuals in BBM when my status is "busy," but the group alerts never stop. I would like to let RIM know my dissatisfaction with this feature.
    They're reading stuff on this site, all day, everyday.
    10-12-09 03:36 PM
    i don't mind the small BBM icon on the home screen but the sounds/LED's will drive you nutty when chat is booming.
    just be sure to turn off alerts in all of your different profiles (normal, phone only, vibrate, etc...).
    10-12-09 03:36 PM
    It would be nice if they had a "has left the room" feature, so you could leave the chat without leaving the group and then stop getting group alerts until "has entered the room."
    10-12-09 03:43 PM
    That's a good idea!

10-12-09 03:54 PM
    you can also go to group details, and specify which sections of the groups you would like to appear in your message box ( the last option listed) to further lessen the impact of being in a group.
    10-12-09 08:33 PM
    you can also go to group details, and specify which sections of the groups you would like to appear in your message box ( the last option listed) to further lessen the impact of being in a group.
    Thank you. That helps!

10-12-09 08:40 PM
    Thanks, this looks like it will do it...
    10-16-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD