Installed Kappa on my 9810 , but battery is draining @ 15.9% hour.
    Can someone provide me with a solution ??

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Some BBs take longer to settle than others, but, the OS does have to settle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk on Mecca's Theta Hybrid
    12-25-12 01:08 PM
    Okay , will wait for sometime n' update u guys with the same !!

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 01:16 PM
    Okay , will wait for sometime n' update u guys with the same !!

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk
    If the draining doesn't clear up, reinstall the hybrid. There may be an error in the initial install.
    satchit likes this.
    12-25-12 06:01 PM
    After 36 hours of installation , the ADR is 6% hr.
    12-26-12 12:22 AM
    Just got the AT&T mic issue twice with this build
    12-27-12 06:07 AM
    wout - what city are you/were you in when the mic issue occurred?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 10:01 AM
    I hope not. I am in one ofthe worst areas for this and have not had a single occurence after ten days and likely several hundred calls. I would hate too see this problem rear it's ugly head again.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-27-12 07:32 PM
    I hope not. I am in one ofthe worst areas for this and have not had a single occurence after ten days and likely several hundred calls. I would hate too see this problem rear it's ugly head again.
    You and me both - I was in Denver a couple of weeks ago (known bad city) and called Mecca and home - it worked fine for me. Also - no reports of problems on the .794 StarHub thread - so hopefully wout's problem was random and unrelated (or there was something wacked with the specific ATT site he was connected to at the time.

Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    12-27-12 08:21 PM
    This hybrid is great, battery life is amazing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk
    12-28-12 05:20 PM
    Are you not in Europe somewhere bro?
    12-28-12 08:44 PM
    I'm in Belgium.

I have an AT&T branded phone that i bought when i was in the US on business.
    I used to have it with other builds as well until the Berrylicio.us for AT&T mix came out, tried Kappa Prime and got hit with it again (several times already).

I'll try the .746 sfi from Cincinnati Bell with the Kappa Prime Java and see if that solves it.

I did notice that whenever i get the issue the radio seems to be running on edge (lower case letters) network (i usually always have H+ or EDGE (capital letters))
    So it's definitely a bug in the radio file somehow and how it communicates with the towers :/

I'll report back with the custom build
    12-29-12 05:52 AM
    I'm in Belgium.

I have an AT&T branded phone that i bought when i was in the US on business.
    I used to have it with other builds as well until the Berrylicio.us for AT&T mix came out, tried Kappa Prime and got hit with it again (several times already).

I'll try the .746 sfi from Cincinnati Bell with the Kappa Prime Java and see if that solves it.

I did notice that whenever i get the issue the radio seems to be running on edge (lower case letters) network (i usually always have H+ or EDGE (capital letters))
    So it's definitely a bug in the radio file somehow and how it communicates with the towers :/

I'll report back with the custom build
    The mic issue is only for those who live in USA. You need to be connected to an att network

I toll have a att branded torch. No problems
    12-29-12 06:50 AM
    The mic issue is only for those who live in USA. You need to be connected to an att network

I toll have a att branded torch. No problems
    Hate to burst your bubble but this isn't correct. I have been using hybrids for quite some time and never had any mic issues until the famous troubled OS series was released.
    Using the regular BerryLicious hybrid gave me problems as well as to using a modified hybrid tailor made for AT&T users I never had the problem again.

Installing the Kappa Prime with the latest SFI for 9810 gave me the 'muted mic' issue once more.

I downgraded the SFI to 746 with the Kappa Prime java and haven't had an issue since (received 4 calls already but all on the same cell tower).
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-29-12 07:23 AM
    Well at least it was fairly simple to resolve, it seems. I stayed on .378 for the longest time until hybrids without the issue were released. I have been fortunate to not have seen the problem since, but I am fairly certain the problem is related to the software running some cell towers, since the problem would come and go for me as I moved between towers. So it really is an issue with the carriers and their equipment, not with the OS's or hybrid builds. I base this on my modest experience, of course, but I am just happy to have a stable OS with excellent battery life which I do with KP.
    12-30-12 11:09 AM
    Good reviews here. I'm glad to know that .746's sfi is proving itself after months of use. Sooooooo ready for this BB10 launch, so we can start getting more updated OS's. What a dry spell....
    Blacklatino and rgshah3 like this.
    01-04-13 07:46 PM
    Hey Mecca, back into the swing of things from the holidays, and found this little gem hidden amongst the stuff. Glad to know you're still at it. Downloading everything now. I may have to wait a couple of days before I can get this loaded on to my phone, but for sure, its getting on there. Berrylicious is good, but the att version is keeping me from using my mobile wifi. That stinks
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-07-13 07:29 PM
    Thanks, will try later..

01-07-13 07:38 PM
    Was having an issue with 7.1.0.714 and random reboots, especially when plugging in the charger and going to bedside mode. Installed Kappa Prime and its solid as a rock!

Excellent work! Cheers!
    01-08-13 02:55 AM
    My First Hybrid Install!!!
    Battery life is awesome so far, I got a little over 36 hrs on a full charge. Before, I could hardly make a full day.
    One thing i noticed is during a call last night phone changed from 'handset' to 'speaker phone'.. umm! it did this 3 times even though i had locked the screen after the 1st occurrence. I plan on doing a battery pull and wait and see if this happens again.
    Thanks Mecca for this Hybrid.
    01-09-13 05:28 AM
    *Today@ 04:00

Today@ 11:50

This after a long morning of checking emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Again, thanks Mecca. :thumbup:
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    peteygrizz and Mecca EL like this.
    01-16-13 11:58 AM
    I'm having a problem since installing this hybrid. I can't say if it is related to the install or not. I am not able to view youtube videos via carrier's network nor wifi. Is anyone else having this experience? fix suggestions welcome, tnx!
    01-22-13 09:55 AM
    I'm having a problem since installing this hybrid. I can't say if it is related to the install or not. I am not able to view youtube videos via carrier's network nor wifi. Is anyone else having this experience? fix suggestions welcome, tnx!
    I haven't had any issues. Anyone else? Shrink any .cods out, media(, etc.)? Might try Reinstalling the hybrid by repairing(vs. uninstalling) the base OS(just in case), and reinstall the hybrid over the base. May or may not work for you, but, I've used it before to replace deleted or accidently removed .cods. Good Luck.
    01-22-13 10:17 PM

I haven't had any issues. Anyone else? Shrink any .cods out, media(, etc.)? Might try Reinstalling the hybrid by repairing(vs. uninstalling) the base OS(just in case), and reinstall the hybrid over the base. May or may not work for you, but, I've used it before to replace deleted or accidently removed .cods. Good Luck.
    Thanks for replying.. I upgraded to v7.1.0.825 from vodaphone, now it works via carrier's network but fails with the same error "Content not Available. Server is either blocked or unresponsive" via wifi .. What's the advantage of using BBHTools to "Shrink the OS" is it the same or similar to un-checking the modules you don't want during install?
    01-23-13 03:18 PM

My numbers are looking good. I'm happy to ride the wait for a Z10 on this build. I don't have to do as many battery pulls as I used to either.

Thanks again for this great hydrid!

BlackBerry 9810 running Kappa Prime via Tapatalk.
    01-31-13 02:29 PM
    I'm not eligible for an upgrade until the end of March, and the early returns for the Z10 are rather dubious (removal of Outlook desktop client USB sync), so I will be using my 9810 for quite a while. I imagine I could buy new and used 9810 handsets for several years. I hope that the interest in hybrid development won't disappear due to the BB10 release. That being said, Kappa Prime is hard to improve on and I suppose I would fine with this.
    02-06-13 06:33 PM
54 123