Hot on the heels of Eta and Theta Prime comes Kappa Prime. This is one of the fastest loading hybrid OS made, to date.

It's also one of the best OS for longest battery life. I've compiled many a hybrid for the 9810, and have yet to experience the performance of Kappa Prime

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this hybrid and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I�m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

As with the former Primes, installation is simple: download and save Kappa Prime.zip to your desktop, unzip the content to your desktop; next - if you haven't already - download and install Star Hub 7.1.0.794 OS to your computer, once installation is complete, navigate to the Loader Files folder, open, and rename the official .794 folder "(official os)" and leave this folder open; drag and drop Kappa Prime's folder into the open Loader Files folder and delete "(Kappa Prime)" in the name string of that folder.

You are now ready to install a Prime hybrid OS.

I recommend using BBHTools to unshrink any apps that I've already shrunk - because I use alot of betas - then shrink to your liking.

As usual, I'm here to fully support Kappa Prime. If there's anything outside of the subject of this thread, that you may need assistance with, PM me.

Install and enjoy. Happ holidays

Mecca EL - OSBB team member

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwr-p-fOgF2pNXdhczRFMDIxc2M
    12-21-12 08:55 AM
    Ahhh, just as i'm testing another hybrid then you release this one. Much appreciation for catering for us torch users. I'm still getting used to your method of installing the hybrids but thank you for your work.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    12-21-12 09:37 AM
    Theta was based on C-Bell .746 and is fine in my AT&T problem area. Am I right in assuming this one may not work for me?

Thanks for more quality hybrids.

--TF

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-12 01:33 PM
    Theta was based on C-Bell .746 and is fine in my AT&T problem area. Am I right in assuming this one may not work for me?

Thanks for more quality hybrids.

--TF

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Works perfectly, for AT&T users. Two of my most trusted traveling testers, have been using Kappa Prime for over a week with zero loss in call quality, due to the dreaded mic problem. OS .794 is sound.
    Azensun likes this.
    12-21-12 02:26 PM
    @Mecca

I want to personally thank you for allowing me to use this hybrid. I'll hold off posting about this great hybrid and let others try it out and see for themselves what this hybrid can do. I have been amazed as well at the numbers that I've sent to you regarding this hybrid. LOL, since I am a "Kappa" Man, I had no choice. Honestly, I would have tried it if you called it "pickle-on-a-stick". Mainly, because I know what I'm getting with your hybrids. Also, for those that want to ask the obvious- which hybrid is better, can't answer that out of respect for others that also create hybrids and my answer would be very subjective. Even if I don't like the hybrid, I'm not going to talk ish about it. Why? Because the next guy or a newbie may get the wrong impression about what we've always tried to strive for on this site......helping others. What works for one may not work for another based on a number of issues with a lot of them starting with the man-in-the-mirror as user error- 1st. I can say this because NO ONE I've ever known- past or current have ever released a hybrid OS that wasn't working or intentionally to "brick" someone's BlackBerry. Who am I? Just a CrackBerry guy, that (in the past) always searched for hybrids.......on other sites- whether in english or other languages. Some excellent, some good, and some I've had to add .cods to modify and make it work for me. Never complained or griped about any abuse that "I" caused any of my BlackBerries....just fixed them and moved on.

As always, the best way to tell if you like it is to try it. Just follow the directives, download, install, enjoy. Give it a few days to settle. If you've been using other hybrids, allow more time to settle. For those that don't know, Mecca has been around for longer than a minute and making excellent hybrids from his first to his latest. I recommend this hybrid OS to anyone that enjoys a good operating system....that has been enhanced. Again, thanks, Mecca. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-21-12 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Left my d8mn glasses at home. :)
    12-21-12 03:13 PM
    I loaded Kappa Prime and so far so good. In the past, with problem loads I could tell on the first incoming or outgoing call that I had the 'mic' problem. No problems in test calls with Kappa. I'm looking forward to seeing what the battery performance is after a couple days of battery pulls. I'll report in again later.

Thanks again Mecca!
    12-21-12 05:24 PM
    Hey Mecca, I've noticed for the past year or so that non hybrid OS updates don't disconnect me from BES, they just re-activate automatically. Will this hybrid do the same or will I need a new activation password?
    12-21-12 09:33 PM
    @Mecca

I want to personally thank you for allowing me to use this hybrid. I'll hold off posting about this great hybrid and let others try it out and see for themselves what this hybrid can do. I have been amazed as well at the numbers that I've sent to you regarding this hybrid. LOL, since I am a "Kappa" Man, I had no choice. Honestly, I would have tried it if you called it "pickle-on-a-stick". Mainly, because I know what I'm getting with your hybrids. Also, for those that want to ask the obvious- which hybrid is better, can't answer that out of respect for others that also create hybrids and my answer would be very subjective. Even if I don't like the hybrid, I'm not going to talk ish about it. Why? Because the next guy or a newbie may get the wrong impression about what we've always tried to strive for on this site......helping others. What works for one may not work for another based on a number of issues with a lot of them starting with the man-in-the-mirror as user error- 1st. I can say this because NO ONE I've ever known- past or current have ever released a hybrid OS that wasn't working or intentionally to "brick" someone's BlackBerry. Who am I? Just a CrackBerry guy, that (in the past) always searched for hybrids.......on other sites- whether in english or other languages. Some excellent, some good, and some I've had to add .cods to modify and make it work for me. Never complained or griped about any abuse that "I" caused any of my BlackBerries....just fixed them and moved on.

As always, the best way to tell if you like it is to try it. Just follow the directives, download, install, enjoy. Give it a few days to settle. If you've been using other hybrids, allow more time to settle. For those that don't know, Mecca has been around for longer than a minute and making excellent hybrids from his first to his latest. I recommend this hybrid OS to anyone that enjoys a good operating system....that has been enhanced. Again, thanks, Mecca. Much appreciated.
    +1, BL!! Couldn't have said it better myself! Kappa is an awesome hybrid; and Mecca is so good at building these.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-22-12 10:46 AM
    Works perfectly, for AT&T users. Two of my most trusted traveling testers, have been using Kappa Prime for over a week with zero loss in call quality, due to the dreaded mic problem. OS .794 is sound.
    "OS .794 is sound" is an understatement! Thank you for this one, Mecca!
    12-22-12 10:49 AM
    sorry I can not download
    12-22-12 11:07 AM
    sorry I can not download
    I'll check the links permissions...
    12-22-12 11:09 AM
    sorry I can not download
    Copy the file address in post one and paste it into your browser and it will take you to the download page.
    12-22-12 11:11 AM
    Copy the file address in post one and paste it into your browser and it will take you to the download page.
    but it notice me that internet is error why?
    12-22-12 11:43 AM
    Download links is not working. I have a google account but when i click download link it says the file cannot be checked for viruses and suggests to download anyway. i click yes but nothing happens. Tried Opera Chrome IE all three the same.
    12-22-12 01:50 PM
    Hmmm...I just tested the link here 3 times, and was able to download. Tested my laptop, PB and phone. Try dl'ing from your phone and report results please.
    12-22-12 01:59 PM
    Well it works - Opera Mini on BB9810 get the link from google docs and started download. By the way UC and system browser didnt make it.
    12-22-12 02:34 PM
    Hey Mecca, I've noticed for the past year or so that non hybrid OS updates don't disconnect me from BES, they just re-activate automatically. Will this hybrid do the same or will I need a new activation password?
    Reactivation should be automatic. I have to ask one of my testers, who's on BES. It wasn't brought to my attention, during the week of testing though.
    12-22-12 03:41 PM
    I ran into an app error (200) on reconnection prior to backup restore. Had to go to 796 stock. Didn't automatically reactivate. I'm now trying to track down my BES admin to reactivate. Not sure what lead to the error. Likely a shrinking issue.
    12-22-12 03:45 PM
    I ran into an app error (200) on reconnection prior to backup restore. Had to go to 796 stock. Didn't automatically reactivate. I'm now trying to track down my BES admin to reactivate. Not sure what lead to the error. Likely a shrinking issue.
    Do you recall exactly what you shrunk?
    12-22-12 04:14 PM
    Trying this one on!
    Thanks for the build!
    12-23-12 02:44 PM
    Been running this for over a week and the battery life is AMAZING, not to mention the excellent browser performance and touch response. Thanks again, Mecca well done!
    12-23-12 07:08 PM
    Been running this for over a week and the battery life is AMAZING, not to mention the excellent browser performance and touch response. Thanks again, Mecca well done!
    Total agreement with your comments.

Sent from my sexy BlackBerry 9810 on Kappa Prime OS. (~_*)
    12-24-12 10:48 PM
    Installed Kappa on my 9810 , but battery is draining @ 15.9% hour.
    Can someone provide me with a solution ??

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 12:58 AM
    I have to admit , touch works awesome

12-25-12 01:00 AM
    Installed Kappa on my 9810 , but battery is draining @ 15.9% hour.
    Can someone provide me with a solution ??

I would give it some time and three or four battery pulls to settle down.
    12-25-12 10:03 AM
54 123