Can't see what all the fuss is about? On the surface just seems a little glossier and 'shiney'.

Am I overlooking something or simply expecting too much? Is there anything that really stood out for anyone else?
    04-12-11 06:40 AM
    Browser.
    That's about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 06:52 AM
    Yeah, thats about all I can see. was expecting a new version of bbm at least?
    04-12-11 06:56 AM
    Oh, few more camera options I've just noticed!
    04-12-11 07:34 AM
    Universal search, social feeds, search within all menu options, better browser, quick access to all connections when clicking on top bar, wifi music sync with itunes etc

ridesno159 likes this.
    04-12-11 08:46 AM
    Moving to OS 6.0 section
    04-12-11 08:52 AM
    Universal search, social feeds, search within all menu options, better browser, quick access to all connections when clicking on top bar, wifi music sync with itunes etc
    Good points.

One big thing is you will see fewer and fewer applications/themes for OS 5 and more for OS 6 as the year wears on. Such as FB 2 currently does not support OS 5.

I also think it manages memory better.

But if your happy with what you have with OS 5 that's cool, but don't complain
    when new application come out for OS 6 only.

Tim
    04-12-11 08:55 AM
    Ok Tim :-)
    04-12-11 05:09 PM
    I just made the switch a few days ago. I'm running a Bold through Sprint. It's seems like a total OS change and things seem like they are in weird places. Everything on the browser is smaller and haven't figured out how to change it yet. I know how to change the font but seems like OS5? I had some sort of 'column' view and can't find it on this OS6. Also, my emails come out wider where I have to scroll side to side to read everything. I haven't found the menu to change all of this yet. It took me forever to find the 'hot keys'. I'm sure I can find a lot of information on OS6 if I just read these forums. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post.
    04-12-11 11:34 PM
    I just made the switch a few days ago. I'm running a Bold through Sprint. It's seems like a total OS change and things seem like they are in weird places. Everything on the browser is smaller and haven't figured out how to change it yet. I know how to change the font but seems like OS5? I had some sort of 'column' view and can't find it on this OS6. Also, my emails come out wider where I have to scroll side to side to read everything. I haven't found the menu to change all of this yet. It took me forever to find the 'hot keys'. I'm sure I can find a lot of information on OS6 if I just read these forums. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post.
    Lol, yeah, keep reading, the lack of column view has been much debated. Not all websites are affected but crackberry.com is one, I started a thread about it. Hope they fix it soon.

Did anybody notice how much faster OS6 connects to wifi?

04-13-11 01:57 AM
    Mine auto-wraps perfectly fine on crackberry.com as long as you are on full site.

For me os6 brings better wifi signal, and all the good things from os5. Also better browser, Universal search, call search is nice, so on and so forth.

I won't go back to os5.

04-13-11 03:18 AM
    Mine auto-wraps perfectly fine on crackberry.com as long as you are on full site.

For me os6 brings better wifi signal, and all the good things from os5. Also better browser, Universal search, call search is nice, so on and so forth.

I won't go back to os5.

Oh, I forgot, another nice feature is if you bring up a contact it will show you the history of calls/emails/sms etc you have with that contact, even options to contact them trough favebook.

04-13-11 03:57 AM
    I really like universal search and the browser, except for the CB forums. BB6 is pretty smooth.
    04-14-11 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD