The bad:
    • Calendar is a downgrade because see less data on screen than before.
    • Email is downgrade also for same reason. I can see 10.5 emails listed on screen with OS5 but only 8.5 with OS7.
    • Same for Home Screen. Could have 6 icons across on OS5 but only get max of 4 on OS7...caveat still need to look into new themes for OS7 that might allow more icons across.
    • Some HTML emails show up as blank. Quick search shows this to be a known OS7 bug.
    • Column view option view gone in default Browser.

Good:
    • OS7 is faster and smoother.
    • OS7 has handy, instant mini sub menus to speed navigation or tasks.
    • OS7 way better battery and memory management.
    • All my OS5 apps seem to carry over and work fine.
    • Default browser tons faster.

Overall, kind of sideways move. Some better stuff with some stuff I really miss.
    03-06-14 07:33 PM
    Next is BB10! Which device did you get that has OS7?
    03-06-14 07:55 PM
    StraightTalk 9310.

I can't afford contract carriers crazy high monthly fees so unless the BB10's come to no contract carriers I doubt I'll be seeing or getting one any time soon.

My 8530 lasted me 3.5 years, hope this 9310 does also.
    03-06-14 08:42 PM
    You can buy BB10 off contract.... and unlocked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 08:43 PM
    Congratulations on your new acquisition!
    I went from OS4 to OS5 to OS6 and straight to OS10. Never owned a OS7 device, but have helped a lot of people resolving problems on their 9900's and such. The 9900 used to be my dream phone before BlackBerry 10 launched

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:02 PM
    You can buy BB10 off contract.... and unlocked.
    Fair enough but I'm happy where I am right now phone wise. Touch screens just don't do it for me for work efficiency.

Maybe in another 3 years BB will finally have a stellar QWERY work horse out again with a trackpad.
    03-06-14 09:03 PM
    Fair enough but I'm happy where I am right now phone wise. Touch screens just don't do it for me for work efficiency.

Maybe in another 3 years BB will finally have a stellar QWERY work horse out again with a trackpad.
    Q10 is a full qwerty keyboard with shortcuts. They removed the belt for more screen space and gestures work well. Q20 will be perfect for you. BB10 and including all the buttons with a 3.5 inch screen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 09:07 PM

Q20 is for you then. But expecting high price as it might be a premium device

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-06-14 09:23 PM
    Q20 is for you then. But expecting high price as it might be a premium device
    Wow, never knew about the Q20, sound sweet!
    03-06-14 10:15 PM
    Yep, I am also waiting for a new keyboard+trackpad phone. But Q10 keyboard is the best I think, so Q20 should be great too.

I own Bold 9790 - my first BB. Got it more than a year ago, using Wind Mobile (Canada). I don't know about your phone, but I see 4 emails total and 6 app icons (if I keep only the bottom row). Must say this does not bothers me at all.

And this phone is a total dream. They did huge mistake they discontinued OS7. I got one for me and one for my wife so we have two. We have so far only these problems:

1. Firmware inconsistency - I got mine from a Wind Mobile kiosk in one mall, she got her from Wind Mobile kiosk in another mall. Result - from the begining I am installing the same firmwares at the same time, all phones are up to date, and her phone does some minimal differences in how some basic apps work. For example on hitting the shut-down app, mine shows "turn off, turn full power off", while hers does not show the "full power off" option.

2. Youtube - OS7 Youtube player sucks. It is not player at all - I mean not a native app - seems some browser plugin. So while I can watch some videos with lags, she cannot watch videos at all. We installed separate player app on her phone and now she is able to see some.

3. Skype texting - in the begining there was an app which supported this, but this app is discontinued so there is no Skype texting now. I hell miss this.

4. ICS calendar files support - it's a shame they don't support this. Cant use the emails Meetup sends me

Basically a smooth Youtube player and Skype texting is what I mainly miss in OS7. All the rest works - I can use emails, other IMs, financial apps - everything works. I am happy.

Well they just screwed up Badoo one week ago (now it's a horrible app, it's not even an app anymore), but that's Badoo problem. I am not using Badoo anymore, it's a very bad service anyway. Viber and Whatsapp work well.

And as OS10 have the Hub, OS7 have the Messages app which is great - in the begining feels little weird, but then you don't bother reading your emails opening all mailboxes one by one. I even don't really bother reading my emails on computer anymore, unless it's some huge HTML message with lots of graphics.

But basically that's it. OS7 is great. True, not much apps and games, but the main is there - emails, some chat, all the major banks have apps released for OS7, calendar is nice and you can have all your family sharing one calendar when you create a BBM group for your family - useful.

Aside of it, if you like games, forget OS7. I used to play some, but in general at least my phone is not very fast. So I totally quit the idea, deleted almost all my games (the default OS7 games are good enough to keep) and purchased Sony Playstation Vita - probably the best handheld game device currently on the market, which by the way supplements my phone with much bigger touch screen, true - no Skype texting, but there is Skype voice and video - I already tethered in the park and it works. True, no ICS support, but have wonderful Netflix and Youtube players, plus true commercial quality games. No phone can beat this (they have best Bejeweled clone too). So currently I have a nice combo.
    03-19-14 11:06 AM