I downloaded the OS by shrinking it with driphter v6.3. I definitely like how the phone boots up way faster than it did with OS 4.7 but whenever my back light goes out and then I press a button so my screen lights up again, the screen stays black for a few seconds and then lights up. Is this normal?
    02-24-10 09:30 PM
    It happens only sometimes.

I am 484 on VZW and I couldn't be happier with this. Its speedy, the battery life is amazing, reception is stable. I am finally at peace with this thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 09:36 PM
    Yeah I just noticed it only happens sometimes. Other than that I'm liking it a lot better than 4.7.
    02-24-10 09:44 PM
    Is anyone w/VZW and .484 having trouble w/opening the camera? On occasion, it tells me to close other apps and then to try to open it. But, no apps are running other than the normal ones. Sometimes a battery pull fixes it, and other times, it doesn't.

02-24-10 10:52 PM
    Ive had that happen before but a battery pull has always fixed it for me.
    02-24-10 11:15 PM
    I haven't had any camera issue so far, just the light issue.

Yeah a reboot definitely helped, thanks kano2864212.

02-24-10 11:35 PM
    Another question, does OS 5 not include password keeper?

I'll just use BlackBerry Wallet instead, can't seem to get PK back.
    Last edited by berryjunky; 02-25-10 at 01:15 AM.
    02-25-10 12:27 AM
    I never had a problem with the camera. The radio was GREAT with the .484 on VZW the battery life killed me ran it for a week. Had to go back to .419

02-25-10 12:47 AM
    Another question, does OS 5 not include password keeper?

I'll just use BlackBerry Wallet instead, can't seem to get PK back.
    Its there,,, you must not have checked it during your install..
    02-25-10 01:25 AM
    i am on the MTS .419 and i've had the black screen issue since going to it. But it doesn't bother me that much. I haven't jumped to .484 yet cause i don't see the need to.
    02-25-10 11:20 AM
    i am on the MTS .419 and i've had the black screen issue since going to it. But it doesn't bother me that much. I haven't jumped to .484 yet cause i don't see the need to.
    For vzw customers, most of the people we have helped over at bbhybrids.net have found that using Alltel's .419 radio and Sprint's .484 java has produced way better results in terms of stability and battery life than using straight .484 since it was designed for sprint. Give it a try.
    02-25-10 02:19 PM
    For vzw customers, most of the people we have helped over at bbhybrids.net have found that using Alltel's .419 radio and Sprint's .484 java has produced way better results in terms of stability and battery life than using straight .484 since it was designed for sprint. Give it a try.
    How do you go about loading the .419 radio?
    02-25-10 02:43 PM
    I'm attempting to load the Sprint 5.0.497 version onto my BB Tour with Verizon. I'm trying to find the vendor.xml file in the so called (AppLoader) folder and the folder nor the file exists. The s/w is downloaded and i can't open it neither to find the file. Any assistance is appreciated.
    02-25-10 08:16 PM
    It should be in here....

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Did you install the OS on your PC after you downloaded it? You must run the file you downloaded to install it on your PC before you use loader to load it on to your berry.
    02-25-10 08:40 PM
    I'm running this OS on my Verizon Tour as of this time yesterday. There is a few minor glitches as usual, but my biggest issue is battery drain right now. Nothing I would call Severe but it's much more than 4.7 I will give it another day or two and see what's up...
    02-25-10 08:55 PM
    I'm running this OS on my Verizon Tour as of this time yesterday. There is a few minor glitches as usual, but my biggest issue is battery drain right now. Nothing I would call Severe but it's much more than 4.7 I will give it another day or two and see what's up...
    I'm having the same issues with battery drain... Like you said, nothing severe, but it is considerably more than 4.7
    02-25-10 09:13 PM
    @PK I did find it. I was smart enough to look thoroughly. That's my fault. I'm loading the VZW vendor file to remove the OS to load the 5.0 as we speak. I got an error realizing that the newer BBDM versions only recognize from certain folders in the Program Files. I'll keep you updated. Any issues with apps after it's loaded of Gmail contact sync>?
    02-25-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD