soooo ive deleted 21 people on my bbm list in just 3 weeks!!! majority went to the iphone..i live in winnipeg manitoba and iphone is starting to takeover pretty quickly around here sad to see..i try to convince people to stick with it but no go. i tell them that a qnx phone is coming out soon and people dont even know what it is. everyone just happens to know ios5.

question is where you guys from and how is blackberry managing against other competitors?
    10-21-11 10:38 PM
    i'm on the east coast and BB stills rules in my area. a lot of my family and friends who left BB are/have come back! the BBM count is still going up so thats a good thing! lol
    10-21-11 10:50 PM
    I keep switching between android and blackberry. i wish i could have bbm on android however i do not believe that will ever happen. I may sign up for a pay as you go blackberry for cheap just so i can use bbm while enjoying my android os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    movi3king likes this.
    10-21-11 11:02 PM
    That's nothing! I lost all my friends! Lol

10-21-11 11:20 PM
    Lost 2 bbm contacts this week...They move on to 4s...Its all good as long their happy with their choice...
    10-21-11 11:44 PM
    I'm from Winnipeg too. I actually encourage people away from BlackBerry if they're not happy with it. Smartphones are tools to me, and I use what I need to get the job done. I tell that to people all the time, to get the phone that meets their needs.

Me, I'd rather people are happy with their choice, rather than be bitter because of their ignorance.
    10-22-11 12:43 AM
    Calgary AB here, more than 30+ of my 50+ contacts are still using BB. I'd go back to Android if there was a steady messenger, not everyone likes Gtalk for some reason (Gtalk app on BB is unstable).
    10-22-11 05:33 AM
    Washington DC. Haven't lost any recently, neither here nor across the pond. Lost two family members last year. Gained several as a result of a whole new group of friends.

Guaranteed I will be losing one next year. My ex.
    10-22-11 06:24 AM
    Wow, 21 is a significant drop, and especially if many are fleeing to iPhone. I find, too, that many of my friends have gone iPhone. Half the people on my BBM list are virtual people I beta test with from Beta Zone
    10-22-11 07:24 AM
    I lost most of the small group of friends I had on BBM. I don't even have it on my device any more. We all keep in contact on Twitter now with our various platforms.
    10-22-11 07:27 AM
    I never had that many people that liked me to add anyway. I have 6 and never use BBM, always use SMS anyway.
    10-22-11 09:14 AM
    Calgary AB here, more than 30+ of my 50+ contacts are still using BB. I'd go back to Android if there was a steady messenger, not everyone likes Gtalk for some reason (Gtalk app on BB is unstable).
    On which OS? I used to use it all of the time on OS 5 and it was fine. I moved to a messenger that implements all of your accounts from separate protocols after though, check out imo.im.
    10-22-11 09:18 AM
    I'm up to 25 now Since os7 phones dropped I've gained atleast 6-8
    10-22-11 12:14 PM
    Lolz have 50 contacts. Last year when iP 4 came it dropped by 5-10 but they all came back

10-22-11 12:18 PM
    I only have six contacts in my BBM list and only use BBM to actually talk to one of those. I have a few other friends with BlackBerry phones (most with 8330's) and they don't use BBM at all.

I don't know anyone else with a BlackBerry OS7 phone and having one myself it's hard to explain how much better/more modern the phone and OS are on it. People run 3+ year old phones and then complain about them being slow/no apps. I don't get that.

BBM is great but with noone using it I can't make it a compelling reason to have/stay with BlackBerry. They really should have surprised us with those rumors being true and released iOS/Android/WebOS/WP7 BBM apps.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 10-22-11 at 03:32 PM.
    10-22-11 03:30 PM
    Most of my friends, locally, have dropped their Blackberry's a long time ago - either going for Iphone and to a lesser extent Android. About the only people on my BBM are those from overseas.
    10-22-11 03:46 PM
    I moved from bbm's to iMessage. Most of my BB friends were holding off on their upgrades waiting for 4s. But the surprising thing that I am seeing is the high use of imessaging on iPads. And even some of my younger family members have been hitting me up on their iPod touches. When I first upgraded my iPad to ios5 I had two contacts. As of today, I have 38 and growing. Not every iphone/iPad/iPod user will upgrade immediately. So I expect to see its use increase over the coming months. FYI, I don't use an iPhone but a Nokia c6-01. But I carry my iPad everyone most of the time.

10-22-11 07:26 PM
    I lost one this week. His los! I was however at a very high level security conference a couple of weeks ago. There wasn't one iPhone in the room. Everyone had BBs. What does that tell ya?
    10-23-11 08:03 AM
    I love my blackberry for its instant email and most of all BBM.
    But as soon as theres a decent cross platform chat i may jump ship.

I use my phone for everything, i need a phone with apps, unfortunately BB has none.

Ive been with bb for a really long time and have about 100 BBM contacts. Im just wondering if samsungs "chaton" and apples "imessage" will be able to compete with the stability of bbm.
    10-23-11 06:46 PM
    I'm in the Toronto area and BB's are the still the rage. I was at the Leafs opener where there was 9 BB's to 1 of whatever other smartphone's people use.

In high school all the kids want BB's and bbm

My niece and nephew have iP4's but love my 9900 and want to go back to blackberry.

The High Tech guys I deal with carry the latest android and a BB and don't want to give either up. They have no interest in an iPhone

Having said all that I just bought an iP4s for my daughter. It's a nice device but not for me.

I'll wait until next year, if BB's BBX doesn't pan out I'm not sure what direction I'll go.
    10-23-11 06:57 PM
    Woops lost 2 today, both got their iPhone 4S. lol
    10-23-11 07:36 PM
    I think a lot of people who go to iPhone from BB will eventually get as bored with their iPhone as they did of their BB, and when BBX is available, that will be new and different enough to entice them to switch again... not back, because going to BBX will be different than BBOS.
    10-23-11 07:37 PM
    I live in Alberta. I'm one of the few that still has a BB. All my friends have iPhones, all my customers have iPhones, everyone I work with has an iPhone. Only people still on my BBM list are my immediate family and a few friends who have work issued BB's. Its getting pretty lonely.
    10-23-11 07:54 PM
    I think a lot of people who go to iPhone from BB will eventually get as bored with their iPhone as they did of their BB, and when BBX is available, that will be new and different enough to entice them to switch again... not back, because going to BBX will be different than BBOS.
    There's some truth to this, and I'm caught by surprise as well. Just two days ago I was talking with my friends over supper, and I had a couple of them asking me about BlackBerries. Initially I thought they were just trying to get the conversation going (they also know I went through 4 BB phones in 2 years), but then it became apparent that they were seriously considering getting a BB. They are using iPhones and Androids and just big on apps, and normally I would encourage my friends who are looking to get a new phone to steer away from BBs for obvious reasons, until one of them said "I'm sick of apps". I was like, okay, then get a BB because you won't feel that way using one.
    10-23-11 07:56 PM
    I have lost 8 contacts in a little over a month, one contact I miss quite a lot I lost before she went to iPhone though she is now iPhone so she wont be coming back

that said my list continues to grow probably by 1 or 2 new people per week, I'd say my core group of friends are all BlackBerry users, and are all looking to remain BlackBerry users, mobile phones are a) not their hobby, b) they travel to extensively for anything else to be affordable, c) They can't bare the thought of not seeing my smiling face every morning on BBM,. well ONE of those points may be a mild exaggeration.

I LIVE in Central Ontario, but travel extensively through Ontario, Manitoba, and more into the US than I would like. I have noticed for the first time an uptake in Android devices where previously if it was a Smartphone it was either an iPhone or a BlackBerry, and the move seems to be a pretty even slide of iPhone and BlackBerry users moving to Android devices. I am seeing far less flip phones/feature phones, and those first time users very much seem to be going into iPhones, unless a major anchor in the family is a BlackBerry user.
    10-23-11 11:01 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD