having some issues installing on my Bold 9000, I'm using BB Deskop Manager 6.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Loader says that the alx files are not compatible with my device.

any guess?
    07-17-12 01:25 PM
    having some issues installing on my Bold 9000, I'm using BB Deskop Manager 6.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Loader says that the alx files are not compatible with my device.

any guess?
    Had this issue with my phone.
    Delete ALL the vendor files.
    Theres one hidden in: [Courtesy of "Littlejackal"]
    i deleted the vendor.xml file as usual, as in the almost 3 yrs i owned the storm and when i went to update this one i had problems. Apploader would start and it would not display the os options, i could only see the applications which would be changed. So no update. I installed it on 3 different computers and i always got the same problem until i searched for vendor.xml in all the computer. I found 2 instances of this, in the regular directory and one in the following path: C:\users\user_name\appdata\roaming\research in motion\blackberry\loader xml i deleted this vendor.xml as well and voila i could finally see the os files in the apploader!! I'm using windows 7. I never ran into this problem until now. I hope this helps. It took me about 7 hours of countless times and different variations of installing an downloading, etc.. P.s. When doing the search search for vendor.xml with a capital "v"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...device-638963/

This fixed it for me.
    DariusVE likes this.
    07-17-12 02:13 PM
    A very "little" request...
    Could you prepare an OS5 hybrid like this also for the 9700?

I've been using your 9000 v8.0 hybrid and the responsivity and battery life are simply fantastic, and I have a 9700 that I have to keep on OS5, so a better than stock OS would be really nice!
    And any development on OS5 hybrids for the 9700 stopped when OS6 came out...
    07-21-12 04:24 PM
    Hello,
    First of all let me thank you on this (once again) amazing build. It's fast, and the battery life is amazing.
    I just ran into a (not so) little problem: I use the paid version of BeBuzz (for colored LED alerts) and every time I install it from the App World, I get horrible performance. I've tried wiping and reinstalling half a dozen times and it always happens.
    I'm on the 8520. What do i suggest? Thanks in advance.
    07-22-12 05:23 PM
    Device has randomly turned off twice. Not restart, just turned off.
    I am suspecting it is taking time to settle.
    Recently installed.

-------------

I currently have installed: BlackBerry Bridge, courtesy of rroyy

Latest official version of Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Amazon, Starbucks Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, Shazam, as well as Memory Booster.
    Also I have Korean language and font support, memopad, Brickbreaker.
    I do not have installed BBMaps, or BBWorld.
    07-26-12 04:04 PM
    Hey guy's, sorry I havent posted the updates or the other devices yet... been really busy the past couple weeks with personal business

Hopefully I'll have some time up release the fixes.... as 8.1 (with updated os7 cods as well), the other devices listed will be '8.1' off the bat (skipping 8.0)

If you don't want issues during install, install the latest version of desktop manager (v7.1.0 B33 as of the time of this post)

If your device isn't recognized during install unplug your device (with the 507 error)
    reboot your pc, and then plug it back in and run loader.exe in \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\
    No need to reinstall the hybrid.
    sunrisekdt likes this.
    07-28-12 04:34 PM
    Yes Βя�ϑm;ε;r jsl ₩ould you have anything for a blackberry storm yet theres no hybriders ₩orking on a blackberry storm that i know of or you no anyone with a ᓗood hybrid?
    07-30-12 06:10 AM
    hi,
    I am noob i try to download 8520 os hybrid and link doesn't work
    big hope to developer
    08-02-12 07:51 AM
    I want to download the 9000 version but the link does not work.
    08-05-12 01:54 AM
    I want to download the 9000 version but the link does not work.
    I've got the same problem
    08-05-12 03:23 AM
    You can download from JSL's site: JSL Enterprises.net
    08-05-12 03:33 AM
    Hi, thanks for the hybrid OS. I am finding some problems after installation:

- it appears I no longer have the servicebooks for BIS / 3g data connection so I can only use wifi.

- pressing "1" for speeddial into my voicemail now results in an "unknown application" error

any ideas? I am on Rogers.
    08-05-12 12:29 PM
    Click to view quoted image

I've been making hybrids since I first got my hands on a Blackberry Bold 9000, back in early 2010.
    I learned from the best, and every incremental release has improved dramatically over the last.
    My hybrids were also the first series of hybrids that changed the way you installed them...
    � no need to install a base first
    � no need to wipe manually before installing
    � no need to shrink.

They were now completely enclosed & optimized packages that even someone brand new to blackberry could install without hastle. My hybrids are already well known and have a solid foundation to them.

Version 7 almost a full year ago and was at the time my final release, as I switched to Android and began focusing on my business giving me little to no time to work on them. The fact that RIM was no longer putting out OS 5 updates was also a key factor.

Since the hardships of running a start up buisness have come an gone and have more time to play with... I've come back with all new versions, and continue the series/support of my hybrids. The initial line of supported devices are listed below, along with their availability.

Blackberry Bold 9000 - Available

Blackberry Curve 8520 "Gemini" - Available

Blackberry Curve 8530 "Aires" - August 14th

Blackberry Curve 8900 "Javelin" - August 14th

Blackberry Curve 9530 "Thunder" - August 18th

Blackberry Curve 9300 "Kepler" - August 18th

More devices will come in the future, and a different series of OS 6 and even OS 7 hybrids as well.
    This will be the support thread for all current OS 5 Hybrids (aka v8.0's).

Please refrain from quoting this post, simply reply instead.
    If you wish to post them on other forums, please use these links to link to, rather than the dev-host download links.
    Mirrors are forbidden!!!! I check the web for mirrors and have their hosting site's delete them.
    You can send me an email if you have extended problems.

Enjoy the hybrids

Sad News: There's a bug that I can't get into to Settings Under the Chinese Language Condition
    08-08-12 12:19 PM
    Man, I just wanna say that your hybrid kicks major @ss! If you don't care about all the flashy graphics and enhancements of that nature on the 9900, the 9000 can still hold its own against the 9900 with this hybrid, and even beat it in many areas (speakers/call quality, better signal, not buggy). One suggestion I do have, however, is that you should include Opera Mini browser with your hybrid. No offense, but the OS 5 browser sucks, even with your hybrid. It craps out and doesn't want to load pages frequently. Opera Mini works great and is a serious upgrade compared to the OS 5 browser. So far I haven't had an issue with it loading any pages and it is more comparable to the OS 6 browser.
    Last edited by crackheadberry666; 08-12-12 at 06:00 PM.
    08-10-12 12:22 PM
    The page is down!
    08-20-12 11:27 AM
    When will v8 be released for the 8530?
    08-21-12 12:01 PM
    Desperately waiting for JSL 8900 v8. Currently running JSL 8900 v7 on my Blackberry. Thanks a lot JSL!
    08-22-12 01:13 AM
    Desperately waiting for JSL 8900 v8. Currently running JSL 8900 v7 on my Blackberry. Thanks a lot JSL!
    hey thebbguy79
    While waiting for JSL to release v8.0 I would like to install v7 but I can't find anywhere (apart from a .rar file for which I don't have the password). Would you be so kind to share the v7 with me?
    08-26-12 05:08 AM
    08-28-12 09:13 PM
    hey thebbguy79
    While waiting for JSL to release v8.0 I would like to install v7 but I can't find anywhere (apart from a .rar file for which I don't have the password). Would you be so kind to share the v7 with me?
    Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    08-28-12 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the help but all I can see there hybrids for Curve 8520 and Bold 9000, I need it for Curve 8900.
    Anyways, I have contacted the dev recently and he promised to provide me links to the 8900 archive.
    08-29-12 02:44 AM
    hey thebbguy79
    check your inbox!
    08-30-12 05:05 PM
    The beauty of sharing permissions for download yes sir
    09-04-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks a lot for this build ! It's awesome!
    09-12-12 09:42 AM
    Thanks alot. Wating v8 for Javelin....
    09-13-12 03:07 AM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD