Yes they will work through Wifi, but they won't work with 2G or 3G. ( We call it: "3rd apps eror"). Can you fix this error?
    That's right. Can you fix it? Could you show me the software which can read file *.fsi
    07-05-12 11:18 AM
    I've heard many good things about your hybrids JSL, and i've been looking for an OS5 hybrid. definitely looking forward to the 9300 version. OS6 is nice, but OS5 runs so much better on the 9300.
    radi33idar likes this.
    07-05-12 08:47 PM
    can you elaborate this error... does it show the device pin in loader, or is the os not showing up in the listing in the loader?

The installer was tested and build with the latest desktop manager, installed on windows xp x86, vista x64, server 2008r2, 7 x86 & 64, and even windows 8 CP, so you need to describe the issue a bit better.
    I'm talking about the Loader ( The one by default that comes out when you finished installing the Hybrid on the computer ) and anyways i already solved the problem thanks! one more thing! the battery life its draining fast! from 95 to 85 in 6h. it didnt finish the day at all! till it shows me that it has 25% left! i dont have the BBM connected to any app and i need to upgrade it anyways so nothing to say about this. good luck with your hybrid
    07-05-12 10:12 PM
    Loaded Ver 8 yesterday, things wern't happy at all. lots of things not working properly, it was a clean wipe and install.
    Available memory was 3.0Mbts and shrinking fast by the end of the day it said no more memory available
    Could not connect via mobile network to internet, I was sending and receiving texts but the ones I sent went no where, checked all setting and it was all as should be.

Came to the decision to do another wipe and reload, now every thing seems to work and about 39.0 Mbts free. QQ goes, Opera mini goes. I am a happy chap.

Only difference between the reload and the initial one was that I updated the BBDM to the latest version though it was the one I had been using was the last before current itteration.
    Not to happy about BBSAK, it would not process soem of my third party software even tjhough it was in the backup??? Had to manually reload some of them QQ in particular

What does four square do? I left it out of the reload as I could make no sense of it the first time around.

I am much more releaved now

Graeme
    07-06-12 02:21 AM
    I'm talking about the Loader ( The one by default that comes out when you finished installing the Hybrid on the computer ) and anyways i already solved the problem thanks! one more thing! the battery life its draining fast! from 95 to 85 in 6h. it didnt finish the day at all! till it shows me that it has 25% left! i dont have the BBM connected to any app and i need to upgrade it anyways so nothing to say about this. good luck with your hybrid
    Regarding the loader, I was talking about the loader as well, I was asking which point in the loader did not work as intended.

Battery drain is expected until the device settles. The first day, my bold ran hot and drained as quick as you're stating. After that, it was normal again and the battery use was improved over stock.
    07-06-12 05:30 AM
    Loaded Ver 8 yesterday, things wern't happy at all. lots of things not working properly, it was a clean wipe and install.
    Available memory was 3.0Mbts and shrinking fast by the end of the day it said no more memory available
    Could not connect via mobile network to internet, I was sending and receiving texts but the ones I sent went no where, checked all setting and it was all as should be.

Came to the decision to do another wipe and reload, now every thing seems to work and about 39.0 Mbts free. QQ goes, Opera mini goes. I am a happy chap.

Only difference between the reload and the initial one was that I updated the BBDM to the latest version though it was the one I had been using was the last before current itteration.
    Not to happy about BBSAK, it would not process soem of my third party software even tjhough it was in the backup??? Had to manually reload some of them QQ in particular

What does four square do? I left it out of the reload as I could make no sense of it the first time around.

I am much more releaved now

Graeme
    3mb of memory after restoring your backups = you're gonna have a bad time. Lol
    That's why I always recommend selective restored and reinstalling apps from their source... So the junk data in those backups does not get restored.
    The fresher the better glad that you sorted it out though, 28-38mb free is a bit more normal

Foursquare is a 'check it out, I'm here' kind of app. I use it more on my android device because when I go shopping retailers sometimes make discounts on things available. However I do see where some of my friends have been as well. it is not an advertising app... My main bonus is I get a discount on my hotel rooms when I need them for business trips or other if I 'check in' to the specific chain of hotels because I'm 'friend's with that company. Lol
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 07-06-12 at 08:39 AM.
    07-06-12 05:45 AM
    Yeah that 39 looks a bit spurious that was the application memory read on the BBDM I wonder if that was an un-updated figure before machine restart.
    I was some what suprised to see such a high figure but as I have only used 4.6 before was not sure what to expect, just checked it out on the phone some hours later and down to 24.6 a much more normal looking figure.

Graeme
    07-06-12 07:02 AM
    Welcome back JSL - Those with devices you support will be lucky to have you making hybrids again!!
    JSLEnterprises likes this.
    07-06-12 07:03 AM
    Regarding the loader, I was talking about the loader as well, I was asking which point in the loader did not work as intended.
    Well it was the first it appears so i can press the next button to go to and choose the USB PORT that is connected! i didnt pass the first step i was pressing like 1000 times with no luck! but like i said CrackMem works Better anyways
    07-06-12 08:30 AM
    Yeah that 39 looks a bit spurious that was the application memory read on the BBDM I wonder if that was an un-updated figure before machine restart.
    A barebones install without extra's is around 39mb free memory, or more.
    No doc-to-go, no medical, financial, or legal dictionary addons, no app world, no bbm, no app manager, no maps, no games, etc... just the bare bones.

An average install of everything only english (+extra dic.), without foursquare and brickbreaker, should leave you with ~28-29mb free memory before restore of personal data.
    07-06-12 08:39 AM
    East Asian inputs and issues have been BUG
    07-07-12 09:26 AM
    if in Chinese but I can not setup option why?
    07-07-12 10:15 AM
    JSL we are waiting for your BOLD 9900 hybrid!I am sure it will be the best of all hybrids!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    07-07-12 12:03 PM
    loaded on my old 9000 and its running great. waiting to see what you got for OS6 and OS7. keep up the great work
    07-07-12 03:47 PM
    if in Chinese but I can not setup option why?
    which version of chinese is this issue occuring with?
    07-08-12 09:49 AM
    which version of chinese is this issue occuring with?
    JSL9000v8.0.exe
    07-08-12 09:14 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 12:02 AM
    What is the difference in performance of the version 5.2.0.95 and 5.2.0.106 version?

and what is the problem with the volume on the media player? a screenshot?
    07-09-12 12:48 AM
    I've had the version for 8520 installed for several days now and everything has been working great. I initially had some problems installing (got stuck in the USB detection part) but everything was sorted. OS has been fast and I haven't experienced any big memory loss. I did initially experience the batt drain but after a couple of days things got better.

Thanks JSL for another great hybrid!
    07-10-12 01:40 AM
    An update;

I've sorted out the chinese/language options issue, it was due to a few .723 cods.. i'll update tomorrow with the release of the 8900 version, and the 8530 hybrid has been pushed to friday since I havent had time to work on both as much as I'd hoped (had a busy weekend).
    tanfo007 likes this.
    07-10-12 12:56 PM
    Thanks for such a wonderful OS.
    I'm a Chinese user,so when I set language to Chinese, then I cannot get into option! And now I cannot even put back to English,because I cannot get into language option!
    Hope you can fix the bug.
    Thanks a lot!
    07-11-12 11:30 AM
    Chinese interface can't into options
    07-11-12 08:08 PM
    chinese interface can't into options
    你英文比我还烂,哈哈
    07-11-12 10:28 PM
    I have a problem with the loader, it keeps saying the hybrid can't load on my device.
    07-15-12 09:46 AM
    Been using it for a week or so now, no troubles at all, stable and fast, certainly an improvement on 4.6
    Small amount of memory usage currently 22.3 free after a battery pull (Batery pull was not required) and 3 days of running it.
    Battery consumption, dont know if it's up or down might be better but can't really tell, still cant get a business days usage out of a charge, quite cetain its BB hardware that causes this not the OS. My 8707 lasts for at least a week!!!! any one know what the battery life is like on 9900 or the 9860?

Graeme
    07-15-12 05:10 PM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD