I've been making hybrids since I first got my hands on a Blackberry Bold 9000, back in early 2010.
    I learned from the best, and every incremental release has improved dramatically over the last.
    My hybrids were also the first series of hybrids that changed the way you installed them...
    • no need to install a base first
    • no need to wipe manually before installing
    • no need to shrink.

They were now completely enclosed & optimized packages that even someone brand new to blackberry could install without hastle. My hybrids are already well known and have a solid foundation to them.

Version 7 almost a full year ago and was at the time my final release, as I switched to Android and began focusing on my business giving me little to no time to work on them. The fact that RIM was no longer putting out OS 5 updates was also a key factor.

Since the hardships of running a start up buisness have come an gone and have more time to play with... I've come back with all new versions, and continue the series/support of my hybrids. The initial line of supported devices are listed below, along with their availability.

More devices will come in the future, and a different series of OS 6 and even OS 7 hybrids as well.
    This will be the support thread for all current OS 5 Hybrids (aka v8.0's).

Link to Archived Builds are at the bottom of each respective page.

Please refrain from quoting this post, simply reply instead.
    If you wish to post them on other forums, please use these links to link to, rather than the dev-host download links.
    Mirrors are forbidden!!!! I check the web for mirrors and have their hosting site's delete them.
    You can send me an email if you have extended problems.

Enjoy the hybrids
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 10-22-12 at 12:37 AM.
    07-04-12 01:05 PM
    This is what the link give's.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://50.70.26.203:105/blackberry/9000-bold2.html

The following error was encountered:

Connection to 50.70.26.203 Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Ps. Thank you a lot for the register info, now my installer is working great, I do some other tests and sent the DelftEo hybrid to the beta testers.
    Thanks JSL my installer has NO problems anymore.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 07-04-12 at 03:10 PM.
    07-04-12 03:07 PM
    Right now I'm using the Bold 9000 V.8 for now everything is going very well, 24 hours informs the performance of this long-awaited hybrid.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I use Google Translator.
    07-04-12 03:45 PM
    This is what the link give's.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved
    Power went out briefly (I guess the grid was overtaxed by air conditioners)... when the server went back online, my Peplink Balance 380 couldnt resolve with the two cable modem's... so it was basically 'waiting' for no good reason. Anywho, I did a progressive reset, and its all up and running again.

Ps. Thank you a lot for the register info, now my installer is working great, I do some other tests and sent the DelftEo hybrid to the beta testers.
    Thanks JSL my installer has NO problems anymore.
    do you understand what I ment by the system variables however? because the line you added to my wipe script wont work on other computers... unless they're running the exact same setup/language you are.

I really recommend you take a look at this list and understand what these variables do, and how to use them in command scripts.
    07-04-12 04:50 PM
    Right now I'm using the Bold 9000 V.8 for now everything is going very well, 24 hours informs the performance of this long-awaited hybrid.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I use Google Translator.
    Do not forget to go into BBM and set the connected apps to either enabled or disabled.... leaving them 'pending' eats the battery (I blame BBM for this!)
    07-04-12 04:52 PM
    Thanks JLS. I'll download and install it on my bold now. Why has eror on 3rd app connection if I haven't BIS? Can you fix it?
    07-04-12 09:41 PM
    You have something wrong with the Installer everything works fine until it gives me the loader to load the Hybrid and choose the apps! it doesnt even wanted to press the next button! but anyways i've solved the problem using CrackMem and its installed now! thanks JSL for the hard work and for keeping our 9000 Alive
    07-04-12 10:05 PM
    Do not forget to go into BBM and set the connected apps to either enabled or disabled.... leaving them 'pending' eats the battery (I blame BBM for this!)
    I already did and everything is excellent, only the persistent memory loss, is there any way to decrease this little problem.?
    07-04-12 10:39 PM
    You have something wrong with the Installer everything works fine until it gives me the loader to load the Hybrid and choose the apps! it doesnt even wanted to press the next button! but anyways i've solved the problem using CrackMem and its installed now! thanks JSL for the hard work and for keeping our 9000 Alive
    can you elaborate this error... does it show the device pin in loader, or is the os not showing up in the listing in the loader?

The installer was tested and build with the latest desktop manager, installed on windows xp x86, vista x64, server 2008r2, 7 x86 & 64, and even windows 8 CP, so you need to describe the issue a bit better.
    07-04-12 11:05 PM
    I already did and everything is excellent, only the persistent memory loss, is there any way to decrease this little problem.?
    1.2mb in 2.5 days from my device, 3.6mb in 3 days from a tester with heavy use.
    It all depends on your apps.
    07-04-12 11:07 PM
    Why has eror on 3rd app connection if I haven't BIS?
    I don't understand what you're trying to convey with this statement.
    07-04-12 11:09 PM
    alright, here we go, finally, tried both devices like u said. i never connected BBM to the apps, however the batt drain settles in for BOLD is about 6 hours and Curve about 4 hours, after that; a pretty smooth ride. liked the theme, its slicker (except the main background lol

so when is 9630 (Tour 1) coming to light? I'm in dire need for that hybrid since the lastest and shrinked OS on 9630 is really ty, be a willing guinea pig for your beta testing as well...

yay for the OS 6+7 devices! all of us in the hybrids community r lookin forward to that ASAP thanks again for sharing your latest and greatest work
    07-04-12 11:12 PM
    I don't understand what you're trying to convey with this statement.
    Your hybrid is very good. It very fast and smooth...
    I want to use opera mini, gmap, gmail, weather, im+, but I don't want to register BIS/BES service , the operator not set alow for connection for these apps (while browser working)( I call it: "3rd apps eror").
    It only on OS 5.0, not have on OS 4.6. Pls fix it for me and for many bb fan in my country. Tks a lot.
    07-05-12 12:04 AM
    Nice project ...
    07-05-12 01:28 AM
    can no longer use opera mini also Google maps wont come back from the app backup? nor did my QQ mobile. was able to reinstall the QQ but it does not work, some problem with the interenet settings as per mini opera??

I upgrraded this BB9000 from 4.6

managed to get most things to go but havent had enough play time yet

edit another issue I noted was the BB manager would not connect to my BB after install, had to do a battery pull and close and restart BB manager before it would recognize it was connected to my BB9000

used BBSAK for app back up ver 1.9.1 however i think this version is a bit buggy and has to be forced to close on exit after app back ups

Graeme
    Last edited by ghce; 07-05-12 at 01:55 AM.
    07-05-12 01:50 AM
    Which version Opera Mini should I be running on this platform?

Cheers Graeme
    07-05-12 04:16 AM
    Which version Opera Mini should I be running on this platform?

Cheers Graeme
    Using Browser , download OperaMini from http://m.opera.com/
    07-05-12 05:13 AM
    y do u have to selectively restore ur data,can't u just restore everything at once,and if i have to selectively restore is there any particular order?
    07-05-12 06:52 AM
    Your hybrid is very good. It very fast and smooth...
    I want to use opera mini, gmap, gmail, weather, im+, but I don't want to register BIS/BES service , the operator not set alow for connection for these apps (while browser working)( I call it: "3rd apps eror").
    It only on OS 5.0, not have on OS 4.6. Pls fix it for me and for many bb fan in my country. Tks a lot.
    Reinstall them from appworld over WiFi. If you don't have bis service, it'll only work through WiFi. Tested them on my device, they all work fine after adjusting settings where needed, and I dont have BIS either (since I use an HTC One X as my daily driver)
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 07-05-12 at 07:36 AM.
    sunrisekdt likes this.
    07-05-12 06:57 AM
    Double post.
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 07-05-12 at 07:04 AM.
    07-05-12 07:00 AM
    y do u have to selectively restore ur data,can't u just restore everything at once,and if i have to selectively restore is there any particular order?
    I personally recommend a selective restore to minimise transitional problems that can arise.... Especially when coming from os4. You can restore your whole backup however restoring unwanted artifacts that just take up space. Selectively restore only your personal data, like bbm, sms messages, emails, memos, calendar service books, ...etc. this will keep everything 'fresh'
    07-05-12 07:03 AM
    can no longer use opera mini also Google maps wont come back from the app backup? nor did my QQ mobile. was able to reinstall the QQ but it does not work, some problem with the interenet settings as per mini opera??

I upgrraded this BB9000 from 4.6

managed to get most things to go but havent had enough play time yet

edit another issue I noted was the BB manager would not connect to my BB after install, had to do a battery pull and close and restart BB manager before it would recognize it was connected to my BB9000

used BBSAK for app back up ver 1.9.1 however i think this version is a bit buggy and has to be forced to close on exit after app back ups

Graeme
    OS4 apps generally tend not to work on os5 (there are a few rare occurences that they do). The installer kills all of RIM's background processes. All that needs to be done is unplug the device and plug it back in to your pc. Also recommend updating to the latest desktop software (no longer called manager) from blackberry.com.
    BBSAK 1.9.2 is also available
    Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 07-05-12 at 08:35 AM.
    07-05-12 07:08 AM
    I dont have a subscription service on my 9000 but can connect to the internet through wifi however since going to JSL ver 8 I can no longer connect through the mobile network to the internet, used to use opera but this says I have a configuration problem? what am I missing here, obviously need to enable something to get opera working again, I have tried 3 different opera versions so far.

Graeme
    07-05-12 07:38 AM
    I dont have a subscription service on my 9000 but can connect to the internet through wifi however since going to JSL ver 8 I can no longer connect through the mobile network to the internet, used to use opera but this says I have a configuration problem? what am I missing here, obviously need to enable something to get opera working again, I have tried 3 different opera versions so far.
    Does the built in browser work? if that doesnt work, then it's your service books. There was a fix for something like this in vietnamese boards since their carrier wouldnt push the proper service books either. If I come across it, I'll put up the info.
    07-05-12 08:41 AM
    Reinstall them from appworld over WiFi. If you don't have bis service, it'll only work through WiFi. Tested them on my device, they all work fine after adjusting settings where needed, and I dont have BIS either (since I use an HTC One X as my daily driver)
    Yes they will work through Wifi, but they won't work with 2G or 3G. ( We call it: "3rd apps eror"). Can you fix this error?
    07-05-12 08:54 AM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD