07-04-12 12:45 PM
116 ... 2345
tools
    Alright . Shall do it again later in the morning . Btw , what's the major difference between JSL and DelftEo's hybrid ?
    Sorry when I answer this question I think there will be a big argument in this thread, but I think a very big difference, read the comments here and read the comments at DelftEo and you understand the difference.
    Also DelftEo has used the latest os update's to made his stable hybrids.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 12-02-11 at 02:43 PM.
    12-02-11 02:38 PM
    Don't know, haven't tried both. All I can say is the JSL is very nice. I'm onto a 9900 now so I haven't spent much time with the 9000 lately. JSL comes with a super cool theme.
    12-02-11 02:54 PM
    Sorry when I answer this question I think there will be a big argument in this thread, but I think a very big difference, read the comments here and read the comments at DelftEo and you understand the difference.
    Also DelftEo has used the latest os update's to made his stable hybrids.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Yeah . I'm reading the comments as we speak .
    12-02-11 03:02 PM
    Don't know, haven't tried both. All I can say is the JSL is very nice. I'm onto a 9900 now so I haven't spent much time with the 9000 lately. JSL comes with a super cool theme.
    I'll play around alittle and if i manage to install JSL's hybrid , a comparison can be done .
    12-02-11 03:03 PM
    Need help. I'm experiencing something funny wit this hybrid. Had drastic memory leaks when I installed it,deleted,wiped os and reinstalled but the memory leak is stil present. The apps I have are bbm,latest version,whatsapp,opera 6.5, facebook and bb appworld latest,and bb protect,and afew two-three themes. Memory falls from 23mb to 0mb within 24hrs or less. I suspect bbm is the suspect. Anyone have these issues?
    12-19-11 11:14 AM
    Need help. I'm experiencing something funny wit this hybrid. Had drastic memory leaks when I installed it,deleted,wiped os and reinstalled but the memory leak is stil present. The apps I have are bbm,latest version,whatsapp,opera 6.5, facebook and bb appworld latest,and bb protect,and afew two-three themes. Memory falls from 23mb to 0mb within 24hrs or less. I suspect bbm is the suspect. Anyone have these issues?
    23MB is kinda low to start out with. I would want about 39mb after a restart. The memory leak isn't the OS. If you start with 39mb then you should still have about 25mb after a couple of days.
    12-19-11 12:04 PM
    23MB is kinda low to start out with. I would want about 39mb after a restart. The memory leak isn't the OS. If you start with 39mb then you should still have about 25mb after a couple of days.
    Yeah I had 39mb when I installed the os clean, installed a few apps so now its like 23mb after a reboot...but it keeps on falling until it goes 0...shud I reinstall the os again or...? Can it be themes also? I'm currently using some GuukiOne theme off the net...Thanks
    Last edited by kumelenator; 12-19-11 at 12:50 PM.
    12-19-11 12:47 PM
    Yeah I had 39mb when I installed the os clean, installed a few apps so now its like 23mb after a reboot...but it keeps on falling until it goes 0...shud I reinstall the os again or...? Can it be themes also? I'm currently using some GuukiOne theme off the net...Thanks
    How bout giving it a battery pull, then let it settles first. Then let's see how's the baby rollin after a few days later.
    12-21-11 11:52 AM
    If it were me I would shrink every possible feature I could out of the OS and get rid of every app possible. The OS comes with a super nice theme. Its unfortunite but that is the Achilles Heel of the 9000, not enough app memory. You can do a shrink on the fly with BBH-Tools but that OS is pretty bare bones already. Maybe the best thing to do first is go through your apps and ditch the ones You can live without. Themes is a perfect example. As for the memory leak, your situation seems much more severe than I have experienced so I can only conclude its one of your apps.

Such a nice phone, if only it had more memory for apps.
    12-21-11 01:16 PM
    @ lordnorms, yeah did battery pull but same issue.
    @ olblueeyez, iv shrunk the os and got rid of bogus apps and themes aswell. I think its the bbm 6.0.1.32...coz I left the os clean over 24hrs with no apps and it was stable. Soon as I installed bbm it ate up the memory...iguess it has some memory glitch
    12-21-11 02:32 PM
    @ lordnorms, yeah did battery pull but same issue.
    @ olblueeyez, iv shrunk the os and got rid of bogus apps and themes aswell. I think its the bbm 6.0.1.32...coz I left the os clean over 24hrs with no apps and it was stable. Soon as I installed bbm it ate up the memory...iguess it has some memory glitch
    You know what? I never installed BBM because I wasn't using it and its a rather large app too.
    12-21-11 07:51 PM
    Bb without BBM is just an empty box,lol, anyway thnx for the help.
    12-21-11 11:30 PM
    There were a lot of apps I liked and I would install them when I needed them and then remove them. Google Maps and Poynt when I was traveling for example.
    12-24-11 06:42 AM
    Someone should start retrofitting 9780 boards into 9000 bodies. That would be a super nice phone.
    12-24-11 06:44 AM
    Bb without BBM is just an empty box,lol, anyway thnx for the help.
    Pm me. Ill try my best to help you out.
    12-24-11 11:29 AM
    You know what? I never installed BBM because I wasn't using it and its a rather large app too.
    In my country you'll have to a pay alot more than normal data plan prices just for Blackberries .

Ever since i got my BB up till now , i've never really used BBM tho . Most of the time i'm on Whatsapp .
    01-13-12 06:27 PM
    You don't need BBM for text messages, and most of my stuff was email, so I saved that block of memory.
    01-14-12 03:50 AM
    You don't need BBM for text messages, and most of my stuff was email, so I saved that block of memory.
    I still haven really got the chance to try out JSL 7.0 .

I'm still on Def . The last time i tried , i keep getting installer error .
    01-14-12 06:34 PM
    I'm finally on JSL v7 without any failures on the installing process .

Edit: My 9000 keeps resetting by itself sometimes .
    Last edited by x3dnd3x; 01-15-12 at 08:02 PM.
    01-15-12 05:34 PM
    In my country you'll have to a pay alot more than normal data plan prices just for Blackberries .

Ever since i got my BB up till now , i've never really used BBM tho . Most of the time i'm on Whatsapp .
    Same here, data plan on bb is expensive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 01:39 PM
    well this is day two on the JSL v7 and honestly i love it, my phone is super fast, note though you may need to do a few battery pulls at first for the OS to settle
    02-01-12 06:24 AM
    I'm finally on JSL v7 without any failures on the installing process .

Edit: My 9000 keeps resetting by itself sometimes .
    Sorry to hear that.

I usually follow up an OS install with 4 or 5 "alt-shift-del" (resets). Pulling the battery is urban ledgend and only necessary if the phone freezes up.

Make sure you rule out apps you put on the phone. Cheap/Free apps are the root of all evil!

Doing a Factory Reset through the phone without wiping the OS may help.

If it continues I would recommend using BBSAK to do a "Wipe" and "Factory Reset" before installing the OS.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-01-12 at 10:29 AM.
    02-01-12 10:24 AM
    If you want your 9000 working at peak performance than this hybrid OS is for you. Installation is flawless and provides all the usual BB options that are missing on installers built by lesser qualified people. After installing MORE APPS than I am usually able to because of low memory lag issues I still have between 3 and 6 more mb's of free app space.

PRO'S:
    Fast and Smooth
    Small Install Size
    Great Battery Life
    Reliable

CON'S
    You Don't Have It,,...?????

This hybrid also includes a Prescision Zen 7.0 Theme that is simple and beautiful. The theme is perfect for the 9000 since it is very up to date looking and simple at the same time.

Do yourself a favor and get this hybrid installed on your 9000 and start enjoying your Blackberry "for the first time", the way it was meant to be.

Thanks JSL,,,.....For the new phone!!!

JSL 9000 v7.0

Click to view quoted image
    Hi. I have a bold 9000. Can I install this hybrid on any version Os 5, or there is a specific type of Os version required.
    03-02-12 06:32 AM
    Hi. I have a bold 9000. Can I install this hybrid on any version Os 5, or there is a specific type of Os version required.

This install package JSL made does it all for you, it wipes the phone, installs the OS, and all you need to do is choose the options when the install begins. No prior OS is required.

BlackBerry 9900
    03-05-12 10:07 PM
    Great ROM, the installation smooth and the system is VERY stable!
    04-19-12 08:30 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD