Internally, it's not referred to by RIM folk as BBM 5.0.

It's more like BBM 2.0 (i'm not even sure how they refer to it exactly, but it's independent of the 5.0 front). Not all BlackBerry devices will be getting OS5.0 - think if a device has less than 128 flash mem it won't get the update (which SUX for Curve 83xx users), but pretty sure everybody (majority of newer devices) will get the new BBM update at some point when it's released.

So probably best to think of it as BBM 2.0 or BBM Next Generation cause BBM 5.0 isn't really accurate.

Update: So apparently, new BBM for 4.6 is currently tagged internally as BBM 2.0 and new BBM for 5.0 is currently tagged as BBM 2.5. Kind strange, and wouldn't doubt that it's re-tagged by marketing when released, but that's apparently how it sits right now.
    09-21-09 07:47 PM
    SO what would that make BBM 4.7?
    09-21-09 07:50 PM
    Should we edit all the BBM 5.0 titles? Haha

Thanks for the heads up, Kevin (and Crucial_Xtreme)!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 07:50 PM
    Internally, it's not referred to by RIM folk as BBM 5.0.

It's more like BBM 2.0 (i'm not even sure how they refer to it exactly, but it's independent of the 5.0 front). Not all BlackBerry devices will be getting OS5.0 - think if a device has less than 128 flash mem it won't get the update (which SUX for Curve 83xx users), but pretty sure everybody (majority of newer devices) will get the new BBM update at some point when it's released.

So probably best to think of it as BBM 2.0 or BBM Next Generation cause BBM 5.0 isn't really accurate.
    This is why I've always called it BBM2.
    09-21-09 07:56 PM
    Well, i don't mind the name... call it Peter or Jose... I'm just concerned about the leak of the official bloody App for OS 5.0... LOL

Just Joking lads!!!
    09-21-09 08:03 PM
    I dont care what it's called, just so long as it works! ETA anyone?
    09-21-09 08:07 PM
    I dont care what it's called, just so long as it works! ETA anyone?
    +1, I can't wait to try that out.
    09-25-09 03:29 PM
    That's actually hilarious because in the Storm forums, when I referred to this as BBM2.5--from someone I know who WORKS at RIM--I got flamed. It's nice to be able to put the pretentiousness of others to rest by it being called both 2.0 AND 2.5.
    09-25-09 03:41 PM
    I can understand that but why did they wait so long to address it and clarify what the actual name is ?? RIM always keeping hush hush until they really have to I guess. Standard MO for them Just. Release....
    09-25-09 04:45 PM
    I don't care what RIM calls it internally. It says 5.0.0.8 for the version. So 5.0 works for me.

09-25-09 04:48 PM
    so when it's packaged with the OS, will the actual app be tagged to match what OS is on the phone, similar to how it is with the 4.7 core apps, etc?
    09-25-09 06:03 PM
    can anyone give me info on how to upgrade my current OS or BBM???? I am always too late! Currently running 4.7.1.53 on my Tour.
    09-25-09 06:41 PM
    try the tour forum, or one of the tutorials aka "101" lectures
    09-25-09 06:55 PM
    oh boy cant wait for it to come out...

and for all the little buggy things we're gonna find lol
    09-25-09 07:15 PM

finding the bugs is half the fun.
    09-26-09 12:15 AM

changing your the subject matter a lil bit, is that OS available for the 8900?

Also, are there any apps that are not working with the OS build? (i.e. facebook and more importantly bbmessenger?)

If it is available for the 8900, where can I get it?

thanks in advance for your response.

I would have pm'd you but based on my newness, I am unable to send you pms....

thanks in advance
    09-26-09 12:15 AM
    changing your the subject matter a lil bit, is that OS available for the 8900?

Also, are there any apps that are not working with the OS build? (i.e. facebook and more importantly bbmessenger?)

If it is available for the 8900, where can I get it?

thanks in advance for your response.

I would have pm'd you but based on my newness, I am unable to send you pms....

thanks in advance
    how about you post this in the correct section.

This thread is about the new BBM that has not been leaked or released yet. (GET ON THAT LEAK KEVIN)
    09-26-09 12:22 AM
    how about you post this in the correct section.

This thread is about the new BBM that has not been leaked or released yet. (GET ON THAT LEAK KEVIN)
    I see you are everywhere.

I also notice that, either you like to impart tough love or that maybe, you are just an a-hole based on your knowledge.

If I am asking, is because I really dont know which is the correct section.

I just noticed the man sig and the info it holds, attempted to pm and got the message about the minimum 10 posts before pm'ing people other then mods and Geniuses like yourself so I decided to ask here.

My apologies, if you direct me to the correct thread, Ill be happy to go in that direction.

Just try not to shoo new people with that attitude man.
    09-26-09 12:30 AM
    I see you are everywhere.

I also notice that, either you like to impart tough love or that maybe, you are just an a-hole based on your knowledge.

If I am asking, is because I really dont know which is the correct section.

I just noticed the man sig and the info it holds, attempted to pm and got the message about the minimum 10 posts before pm'ing people other then mods and Geniuses like yourself so I decided to ask here.

My apologies, if you direct me to the correct thread, Ill be happy to go in that direction.

Just try not to shoo new people with that attitude man.
    I wasnt giving attitude. I was simply stating what this thread was about. Heres the link for the 8900 section

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/

Oh and no its not out for the 8900 yet, the new BBM has yet to be leaked for any device.
    09-26-09 01:04 AM
    I wasnt giving attitude. I was simply stating what this thread was about. Heres the link for the 8900 section

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/

Oh and no its not out for the 8900 yet, the new BBM has yet to be leaked for any device.
    Thanks for the info.
    I was wondering about his OS Version and the need to know if it was available for the 8900 (Blackberry OS Currently: 5.0.0.230)

In any case, on my way to http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/
    09-26-09 01:32 AM
    09-26-09 09:58 AM
    If there was a link this site would be busy as all get out.
    09-26-09 12:33 PM
    If there was a link this site would be busy as all get out.
    theres a option to copy the link in the picture, but i guess it just brings you to bb.com and says "your phone is not supported"
    09-26-09 01:04 PM
    BBM 5.0.0.19 needs to leak. Whoever has it should let people test to see what bugs we can find. Just dump the COD's using BBSAK and post it and I'm sure many will be happy to help "test" this new BBM. I miss the new BBM on .230
    09-26-09 06:06 PM
    good suggestion wonders whats the top secret is all about. dump it here and lets have a good review on the product.

09-27-09 08:55 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD