Okay.. So for about 3 hours.. i was a hybrid user..i had v 5.0.0.238 on my phone but the radio was goofy and roaming for most of the time.. so I (stupidly) wiped the phone with BBSAK and tried to uninstall/delete everything and try it over with a 5.0.0.230 radio swap instead of leave it! Now everytime i try to reinstall it either says something about the blackberry desktop software not having it.. the 5.0.0 Core applications not being there.. or the Email Setup application required files not being available.. I don't understand why theres three different things that pop up after multiple installation/uninstallations.. If anyone can get me back with a radio that apparently people like.. let me know. I miss my phone even working.. its getting tiring.
    12-18-09 02:09 AM
    Okay.. So for about 3 hours.. i was a hybrid user..i had v 5.0.0.238 on my phone but the radio was goofy and roaming for most of the time.. so I (stupidly) wiped the phone with BBSAK and tried to uninstall/delete everything and try it over with a 5.0.0.230 radio swap instead of leave it! Now everytime i try to reinstall it either says something about the blackberry desktop software not having it.. the 5.0.0 Core applications not being there.. or the Email Setup application required files not being available.. I don't understand why theres three different things that pop up after multiple installation/uninstallations.. If anyone can get me back with a radio that apparently people like.. let me know. I miss my phone even working.. its getting tiring.
    Oh boy! Ok I would say the simplest thing to do is to start from complete scratch and

1. Wipe your device to a 507.
    2. Delete ALL OS's from your PC as well as ALL hybrids
    3. Redownload the base OS you need and install to your PC
    4. Redownload the hybrid then run the installer
    5. If you use SAOS then shrink out what you want (make sure you know what you are shrinking) Also always make sure the correct OS is in the OS window as well as run SAOS as admin
    6. Hit the "Launch Loader" button if you are using SAOS or run Loader from C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader>Loader
    7. Go through install process and you should be good to go.

If you have any further questions please check out BBHybrids for more info regarding all of Irtehuns work
    12-18-09 02:29 AM
    Here is the easiest instructions to swap radios manually!

• Download 5.0.0.191 HERE
    • Install .191 on your computer
    • Goto c:\program files\common files\Research In Motion\shared\loader files
    • Goto the CDMA folder in .191
    • Copy the .191 CDMA folder
    • Goto .230 folder
    • Delete the .230 CDMA folder
    • Paste the .191 CDMA folder
    • Install the hybrid
    • The hybrid will open up Shrink-A-OS for you
    • Shrink whatever your heart desires
    • Then select Loader and select backup all data
    • Wait for it to load
    • Then your set!

If I am wrong with any of these steps, please feel free to correct me.....Thanks!
    12-18-09 02:46 AM
    Damn forgot to add in the radio swap. Well if you are using SAOS you can do the radio swap in there prior to loading OS to your device.
    12-18-09 02:51 AM
    Damn forgot to add in the radio swap. Well if you are using SAOS you can do the radio swap in there prior to loading OS to your device.
    It's alright, I'm quite tired and hope that my steps are correct. You explained how to reinstall the base os, then the hybrid perfect. I've always preferred swapping the radio manually....I'm weird!
    12-18-09 02:55 AM
    BUMP:

Always make sure you have an up to date backup before doing this procedure though.
    12-18-09 02:57 AM
    i appreciate it guys.. im on my way.. i hope it works.. i dont know why this is so difficult, let alone random.
    12-18-09 03:02 AM
    i appreciate it guys.. im on my way.. i hope it works.. i dont know why this is so difficult, let alone random.
    Your welcome and sometimes it may seem difficult but just hang in there and your Tour will be up and running and quite fast!
    *Patience a virtue*
    12-18-09 03:06 AM
    tripster.. do you have windows live or yahoo messenger
    12-18-09 03:09 AM
    tripster.. do you have windows live or yahoo messenger
    I have YMessenger but haven't installed it on my BB yet, I'm slow...lol!
    12-18-09 03:13 AM
    on your cpu? run me through it.. so i can be in bed before 6am .. last night even with no luck i was up til 7am lol
    12-18-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD