Am travelling to Canada from the UK, how can I use my BBM, while not wanting to receive emails? I've been told by my carrier that I can pay for an international package for my BBM, but would be charged per incoming email. How do I turn off the email, but without turning off the BBM?
    08-07-10 08:20 AM
    If you don't want the email just delete the email account until you get back and in the meantime just bbm away, it uses very little data and if you want to send photos you can send them in the smallest format. Bbm is by far the best and the cheapest way to communicate while abroad.
    When you get back just add the email accounts again. However, if you want you can disable automote and set "download images automatically" to no and/or disable html email support and you'll receive just text emails that will use very little data as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 08:30 AM
    Just log in to your BIS web page or the Email Settings icon (depending upon the device OS version) and go to the email address and go to the FILTERS. Select "Do Not Forward to the device" under "When no filters apply". Be sure to change it back when you return.
    08-07-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD