Hello there all GURUS OS's

As title says im curious if is possible to install os6 on to the new torch 9810 what it will be the worse scenario it could happen to my phone if i do that.(i might think it will reject the OS cause of the new Qualcom, or some new chip RIM put in the device).
    I have a little bit more than Basic Knowledge about COD and OS on the phone, but the reason im asking is maybe some of you tried already and or know for a fact it will not work.

Im a GURU in PC and if you try to install a and older Windows in this new Gen PC it will not work because of the chip-set they integrate in the Mother board, But with some changes in BIOS you will fix that and you can Install Xp on the new pc what was Running a Vista/Win 7, but now how the heck can we go in the Bios of the phone...or the phone doesn't have such a thing??(it should).

Please if someone knows if it works and worth trying with out damage the phone im up to install OS6.0.0.600.

Thank You.
    08-15-11 12:07 PM
    Why and the heck would you want to? This sounds a lot like putting your tongue on a frozen flagpole.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by newcollector; 08-15-11 at 12:28 PM.
    08-15-11 12:24 PM
    You do it.. post results, then we'll all know.. lol
    08-15-11 12:26 PM
    What would be the benefit of this? I'm really curious, not baiting you or anything like that, flame wars are stupid. Entertaining, but stupid.
    08-15-11 12:28 PM
    I'm wondering what the purpose of such a thing would be as well. And, by the way, wouldn't it effect the connection to the 4G network? And wouldn't it negate the purpose of getting a 9810?
    08-15-11 12:40 PM
    Since the OS is device specific my question for you is:

Is there even a version of BB6 written for 9810? I'm not guessing not.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-15-11 at 03:01 PM.
    08-15-11 02:02 PM
    Well if you really wanted you could installed 6.1 i guess, http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-614707/
    08-15-11 02:43 PM
    What would be the benefit of this? I'm really curious, not baiting you or anything like that, flame wars are stupid. Entertaining, but stupid.
    Well, maybe OP just wants to use some apps in OS6 that is not yet supported in OS7.
    I think it's quite genious to think outside the box.

08-15-11 05:31 PM
    Why on earth would you wanna do that? Everyone is jealous that the 9780 and 9800 aren't getting OS 7 and you wanna downgrade? Especially so soon?

To me, they are the same, but OS 7 is supercharged with rich features!

If you wanna downgrade its is simple, give me your Torch 2 and get a Torch 9800
    PolloGJ, Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    08-15-11 05:36 PM
    Well if you really wanted you could installed 6.1 i guess, http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-614707/
    Isn't OS7 just 6.1 retitled? Therefore wouldn't installing 6.1 is just installing the OS that the device came with (though it could be an earlier version)?
    08-16-11 08:46 AM
    I say go for it.
    Then show us what happens.
    08-16-11 08:48 AM
    Isn't OS7 just 6.1 retitled? Therefore wouldn't installing 6.1 is just installing the OS that the device came with (though it could be an earlier version)?
    6.1 was more like 6.0 with new icons, wifi hotspot (some builds) and a couple other things cool things that got cut (maybe making a return in later 7.0 builds hopefully) from 7.0. Im not sure I can say what those things are since Im not certain they are in the leaked builds or not. But it's not 7.0 as we see it today.
    08-16-11 08:50 AM
    Hello there all GURUS OS's

As title says im curious if is possible to install os6 on to the new torch 9810 what it will be the worse scenario it could happen to my phone if i do that.(i might think it will reject the OS cause of the new Qualcom, or some new chip RIM put in the device).
    I have a little bit more than Basic Knowledge about COD and OS on the phone, but the reason im asking is maybe some of you tried already and or know for a fact it will not work.

Im a GURU in PC and if you try to install a and older Windows in this new Gen PC it will not work because of the chip-set they integrate in the Mother board, But with some changes in BIOS you will fix that and you can Install Xp on the new pc what was Running a Vista/Win 7, but now how the heck can we go in the Bios of the phone...or the phone doesn't have such a thing??(it should).

Please if someone knows if it works and worth trying with out damage the phone im up to install OS6.0.0.600.

Thank You.
    Don't ruin your phone just send it to me!

08-16-11 09:07 AM
    This is not crazy at all... to be honest, there is no much difference between versions, and in my case im thinking to downgrade from OS 7 to 6, becaus now I cant theter my Playbook with my Torch, and I've tried everything, but no luck. Maybe the PB is not compatible with OS7???
    09-24-11 10:17 AM
    This is not crazy at all... to be honest, there is no much difference between versions, and in my case im thinking to downgrade from OS 7 to 6, becaus now I cant theter my Playbook with my Torch, and I've tried everything, but no luck. Maybe the PB is not compatible with OS7???
    The Playbook is compatible with OS7. Are you talking about tethering or are you talking about problems with Bridging? If you want an OS6 device, then take your phone back and get the 9800. Don't spend more only to get less.
    09-24-11 10:30 AM
    I had that issue the reason was I was used to using AT&T isp internet (that's what it was with my 9800) but now with the 9810you have to use AT&T broadband. Might be a similar issue for you.

09-24-11 11:53 AM
    Post your results.
    09-24-11 12:16 PM
    Another benefit for downgrading the OS would be app compatibility. However, I don't think it would work well given all the change under the hood. You'd end up with no 720p recording, loss of some hardware accelleration... IF it actually worked. On the flip side it may not work at all because OS6 probably doesn't have the appropriate drivers/hardware support, etc. in the firmware.
    09-24-11 12:31 PM
    I am assuming because BlackBerry 6 was built with a certain processor in mind that the answer would be no. There is a new GPU in the device and BlackBerry 6 is unaware of that. To make an analogy it's like taking a stick shift engine and putting it in an automatic car, they were just not designed for each other. The same reason why the 9800 or 9700/9780 cannot run OS 7.
    putting a stick shift engine in an automatic car, you can do that. the engine will run just the same, no matter what transmission is attached to it. there are a lot of cars that you can buy that have the same motor, but you can get it as a manual or automatic.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    09-24-11 07:03 PM
    Well, everyone should nuke their Blackberry(s) a few times. Good experience to finally repair it and voluntarily teach the kiddos a few new potty-mouth words.

Sent from my BlackBerry BadAss 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 10:49 PM
    10 months later....

I was on OS 5 before I upgraded (changed to 9810) to OS 7 and I personally feel OS 5 was more stable than 7. I think the OP wants a stable OS and the great hardware of OS 7 devices with the downside of not having to use some features of OS 7.

So the real question in my dome right now is whether OS 6 (or 6.1) will give that stablity while using the great hardware on my 9810. Is it worth it?
    07-30-12 12:43 PM
    10 months later....

I was on OS 5 before I upgraded (changed to 9810) to OS 7 and I personally feel OS 5 was more stable than 7. I think the OP wants a stable OS and the great hardware of OS 7 devices with the downside of not having to use some features of OS 7.

So the real question in my dome right now is whether OS 6 (or 6.1) will give that stablity while using the great hardware on my 9810. Is it worth it?
    You cannot load OS6 on a 9810 as there are no OS6 builds for the 9810. And there are no 6.1 builds for any devices.
    07-30-12 05:31 PM
    you dont need to tweak the bios to install XP on a 'machine' that comes with 7
    08-16-12 02:23 AM
    you dont need to tweak the bios to install XP on a 'machine' that comes with 7
    That's because Windows in general is made to run on a very wide variety of different possible hardware configurations.

BB OSs don't work that way. Every build release is made for a specific model. Period. Even within the same "build", there are variations for specific models.

For example, the .723 build of OS 6 for the 9100 Pearl 3G won't work on the 9800 Torch. Even though the 9800 has its own OS 6 build .723 available which, similarly, can't be loaded on the 9100.

In short, there is no build of OS 6 made for the 9810, so it flat can't be done. Even of you tried do force load all the .cod files using something like BBSAK, the components wouldn't know what to do - different hardware, different screen resolution - at best, you get the white screen with a Java error message during boot-up. At worst, it's bricked.
    08-16-12 10:21 AM
    I'm actually getting tired of these horrendous memory leaks on my 9810. I'm now on 7.1.0.536 (upgraded from 7.0.xxx) in an effort to cut down on the leaks and I believe (although I could be wrong) 7.1 leaks like crazy. Just have bare minimum apps and nothing more.
    08-16-12 11:35 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD