I need some help. I installed 5.0.0.419 today and can't get Facebook and the BlackBerry shopping app to work. Both seem to indicate that I need to upgrade my service. These worked just fine before I did the upgrade.

After installing the new OS, I was promted on the BB to upgrade both apps - which I did.

I have also noticed that the Sprint shopping app fails too - although there is no error message.

Also, all my instant messaging apps are missing - such as BB messenger, ICQ, etc...

Any ideas?
    01-05-10 09:06 PM
    I got the same probleme when I upgraded a friend curve in 5.0.0.230, I reinstalled the os in it and everything worked fine after that...

To reinstall your OS, just do as you did to upgrade it, but just before the end, go in option(or parameter, i'm not sure wich one it is...). you have there a check box to erase all data in you phone, you have another check box to include third party apps.

Just do that I your probleme will probably be fixed. Good luck!
    01-05-10 09:16 PM
    This is odd. I installed the .419 leak and the phone informed me it needed to update a list of certain programs to work with 5.0 and automatically ran the update.
    01-05-10 09:29 PM
    There should be an update icon somewhere, mine needed to update these two apps. Everything is working awesome!! Yes some of the apps did not transfer over, so I downloaded them again... It rocks! Kinda wish the 3G BB logo would have stayed though...
    01-05-10 10:41 PM
    i updated today and seem to have no internet! says insufficent data services!!! anyone else have these problems?
    01-06-10 01:17 AM
    I did a battery pull and everything restored got fixed. I noticed that apps that had issues were also running at the time. Other than some annoying security warnings when I ran apps for the first time the only other thing was getting my registration key for WeatherBug Elite.

This was a new phone only a couple of weeks old so I didn't expect much in the way of upgrade issues.
    01-06-10 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD