I have a BB Torch 9850, it has version 7.0.0.261
    I'm trying to get it to let me type in Hebrew, so I wiped it, and reinstalled the OS and choose Hebrew as an additional language. If I want to email, all is well and good, I can click the globe icon next to the space bar & choose Hebrew or English. If I want to text message, I do the same and the Hebrew keyboard shows up with all the keys black. Have I done something wrong? Or is that as good as it gets? It obviously has the fonts, and at one point trying to get it to work I changed the whole system to Hebrew accidentally. YIKES, I don't read or write that well yet. But it has the fonts, but even with almost every thing in Hebrew, when I checked my text message keyboard, the keys were still blank.
    06-10-13 12:10 AM
    If I remember correctly, character set support in SMS (basic text messages) is controlled by the capability of your cellular network. One member reported that (Mexi-spanish) accented characters were not supported on Verizon's US network, but worked perfectly on the same phone during a visit to Mexico while roaming on the mexican network.
    savvy_cowgirl likes this.
    06-10-13 06:46 AM
    Thank you! I'm with Sprint, and I just couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong that it shows up on the keyboard in BBM and email but not text. Ok, so I guess I didn't do anything wrong, that's just how it is. Hopefully the BB10 will be a bit better on this, when I can get one that is!
    06-12-13 12:24 AM
    Updating... I just ran across this post http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...y-10-a-805018/ which might give a few more clues when folk move to BB10.
    savvy_cowgirl likes this.
    06-13-13 08:28 PM
    I'm wondering how this is going to work on a physical keyboard!
    06-14-13 11:50 PM