Hi

I was trying to install .569 yesterday on my 9900 from Tmobile. I followed the instructions on this site but for some reason the desktop manager was not recognizing the updated version of the OS on my system to load onto my berry. I had deleted the vendor file so that was not the issue. Anyone else come across this? How do you fix?

Now the reasons I want to upgrade:
    -berry will not charge in the car using a splitter from the cigarette lighter (need to use an official berry charger but then can't power a 2nd item)
    -the current version of the software has a weak radio signal. In my house I get almost no signal and the wifi sporadically disconnects.
    -need to reboot (pull the battery) daily as sometimes email won't work without a reset.
    -will .569 even correct these main pain points that I have?
    08-13-12 08:24 AM
    Restart your pc but first delete the vendor files from the trash can on your pc / laptop.

I don't have those problems on .569. For me, this is the best OS I've had for battery and low memory leaks.

My bb reboots when I sleep so don't usually have to reboot whilst I'm awake.
    08-13-12 08:38 AM
    Still not working

It is only detecting the current install. Where on my system would I look to see where .569 was installed to see if there are multiple versions out there? I tried BBSAK also and it just showed the new version but when I went to upload 569 it didn't show up in the applications list either.

Never had issues like this before.
    08-13-12 09:07 AM
    Still not working

It is only detecting the current install. Where on my system would I look to see where .569 was installed to see if there are multiple versions out there? I tried BBSAK also and it just showed the new version but when I went to upload 569 it didn't show up in the applications list either.

Never had issues like this before.
    I save my OS's like this for example 7.1.0.569 so I can go into the windows / start button & search all files for them.
    08-13-12 09:14 AM
    I think I found the issue. There is a 2nd vendor file in the Users section. You need to delete both of them. Now the software is recognized and am starting the upgrade process.
    08-13-12 09:23 AM
    I think I found the issue. There is a 2nd vendor file in the Users section. You need to delete both of them. Now the software is recognized and am starting the upgrade process.
    Some use a program called Vendelete to pick those up.

I only found 1 vendor file when I got that OS.
    08-13-12 09:25 AM
    I just hope the next novice who encounters a similar issue finds my post and is able to update his/ her OS easily.
    08-13-12 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD