Hello,
    all carriers in France stopped supporting BIS,
    so my old blackberry phone (bold) can no longer sync contacts, emails, and calendar.

Would it be possible, to install a BES at home (and an exchange server) in order to make my own little company ?

are there some free older version to download and test ?

Thank you for your help.

Greg.
    08-26-20 08:40 AM
    Hello,
    so my old blackberry phone (bold) can no longer sync contacts, emails, and calendar.

Would it be possible, to install a BES at home (and an exchange server) in order to make my own little company ?

Thank you for your help.

Greg.
    They have long been deprecated. And you'd still need BIS anyway.

You might gather some tips here:

/blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/
    Last edited by conite; 08-26-20 at 11:56 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-26-20 10:55 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Greg.
    I think Free Mobile still offers BIS, they call it "Option BlackBerry"

https://mobile.free.fr/assistance/205.htmlInstall BES at home, to replace BIS-screenshot_20200826-120459.jpeg
    08-26-20 11:05 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Greg.
    You can run your own BES, but the process still required carrier support of the BlackBerry backbone.... at least for BBOS.
    08-26-20 11:08 AM
    Exactly. You'd still need a carrier BES plan so the phone can talk to your BES server over cellular data.

If BIS is gone, so is BES.
    08-26-20 12:41 PM
    If you are going to try to keep using it without BIS..... this site could be helpful. The Bold Explorer

But it's time to just let it go...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-26-20 01:30 PM
    I am in same situation from Italy I can't find carrier. Who offer BIS and I want use my bold device I have internet.option on my number and I want try to make my personal.server or vps for my old blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-25-20 07:43 AM
    I am in same situation from Italy I can't find carrier. Who offer BIS and I want use my bold device I have internet.option on my number and I want try to make my personal.server or vps for my old blackberry

Posted via CB10
    If I wasn't clear before... YOU CAN NOT DO IT.

BBOS devices using BIS or BES needed the carrier to support either solution.... if they are ending BIS support, are ending BES support as well. A Server at home isn't going to help you.

If you want to use the device without BIS... it is somewhat possible, see the link above.
    09-25-20 01:16 PM
    yes i saw link and guide but lots of app doesnt work i need to use jabber and telegram on bb7 the rest i dont need i is possible?
    09-25-20 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think Tim and 3/wind are still offer BIS in Italy. Tim for sure...
    09-25-20 03:36 PM
    I read from tim forum how some user have same issue
    09-25-20 04:04 PM