Hi,

I recently downloaded the 5.0 OS for my Curve 8900.
    Some features are working.. while some aren't.
    I can't see the 'threaded SMS' for one and I also cannot see my Blackberry Messenger, Blackberry App world and Windows MSN messenger.

I've looked under my Applications list and it tells me that I have both Blackberry Messenger and Blackberry App World. I have all my folders showing and they are not there. Though, for some reason, under my 'Instant Messaging' Folder, I can see both Yahoo! and Google Talk.. too bad I don't use either one.

I would really like to stick with 5.0, but I know that if I can't get it to work, I'm prepared to downgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-09-10 09:17 AM
    Go to m.blackberry.com on your berry and re-download app world...then use it to get BBM and MSN.

If you have actually installed 5.0, threaded SMS is all that should be available. Not sure what exactly you are seeing, if it's not threaded
    07-09-10 10:30 AM
    Go to m.blackberry.com on your berry and re-download app world...then use it to get BBM and MSN.

If you have actually installed 5.0, threaded SMS is all that should be available. Not sure what exactly you are seeing, if it's not threaded
    +1 for me . . . though I shall provide the links to make it easy for you

MSN Messenger > BlackBerry - Windows Live Messenger

BBM > BlackBerry Messenger

App World > BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-09-10 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added links
    07-09-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have downloaded BBM and App world over and over again and it still won't show up anywhere on my phone. And now, its started to hide my received text messages. It would tell me that I have a new text, but it won't show me where it is. It's not in my SMS folder nor is it in the 'Messages' folder (where all my emails and SMS are supposed to show up).
    07-09-10 02:07 PM
    By 'threaded', I meant for the SMS text to show up looking like the BBM messages that you receive.
    07-09-10 02:08 PM
    By 'threaded', I meant for the SMS text to show up looking like the BBM messages that you receive.
    YUP, this is threaded sms . . what does it look like in your case?
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-09-10 at 03:27 PM.
    07-09-10 03:12 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have downloaded BBM and App world over and over again and it still won't show up anywhere on my phone. And now, its started to hide my received text messages. It would tell me that I have a new text, but it won't show me where it is. It's not in my SMS folder nor is it in the 'Messages' folder (where all my emails and SMS are supposed to show up).
    This could fix it > http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/cu...ms-fix-467208/

Regarding BBM, have you deleted it, rebooted your phone and then downloaded it again ? same goes for the other applications
    07-09-10 03:25 PM
    I've deleted the applications from the Applications list. Then I went on to download App World, but once it finished downloading, the program never opened, instead the screen went back to asking me what language I want to download the app in. I looked at the applications list, and it says that it's there.. and I still can't find it.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until I get my USB cable back and have to downgrade the phone
    07-09-10 04:07 PM
    The SMS looks like it does when it was at 4.5 OS. And the new SMS are listed at the bottom, rather than showing up at the top.
    07-09-10 04:07 PM
    would you consider reloading the OS before downgrading ?

go to program files > common files > research in motion > shared > Loader files > 8900M_. . . . . . > java and paste the attached file here. This should fix the sms issue.

Make sure you select the apps you want like BBM, Messenger, App World, .. etc. before installing and hopefully you'll get them back.
    07-09-10 04:42 PM
    I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your help.

I did copy and paste the file that you've attached, and it told me that there was already a copy of it in the folder. I went ahead and replaced it anyways.

So I booted up DM (I downloaded v5.0) and it told me that there were further upgrades for the 5.0 OS, so I went ahead and updated..

Next thing I know.. my blackberry is showing up with nothing but a white screen and my 'owner information', which is just my name.

I think I'm going to try to..
    1. Get DM v4.7 (considering I read that DM v5.0 is still in it's 'beta' phase)
    2. Use JL_Cmder to wipe the phone.
    3. Reinstall 5.0 OS.
    If that doesn't work, then I'll just reinstall 4.6..

Here's to hoping something will work..
    07-09-10 09:27 PM
    I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your help.

I did copy and paste the file that you've attached, and it told me that there was already a copy of it in the folder. I went ahead and replaced it anyways.
    all good up to here. Then, you should've got BBSAK or CackMem to load the OS into your Device .

all the best
    07-10-10 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD