rant

So...Why is it that every tom, and harry cell provider can provide the latest BB 7.1 software (I have a Torch 9810), EXCEPT FOR AT&T? I would think that a larger carrier like AT&T would be able to get the developers needed to release an update. Wait...thaqt would mean their customers (like me) would be happy with their service...

/rant
    07-05-12 09:34 AM
    Why wouldn't you just use another carrier's OS for your BB? There's no diff which carrier the OS is listed under, after all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320
    07-05-12 09:48 AM
    Why start a new thread on this when there are a gazillion others just like it? Everybody knows AT&T is the last to push out new OS's either wait or use a leak. I prefer not to use a leak so I wait. Simple as that.
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-05-12 09:53 AM
    Just download the latest for T-Mobile. Delete the 2 vendor files and update your Torch 9810. I did this a couple of months ago & am running fat & happy! I too was tired of waiting.
    07-05-12 09:55 AM
    Why NOT start a thread with the gazillion others? Posting "I wish AT&T would release the newest, greatest OS for this version of BB". I don't think cuts it too well.

I'll wait for the next OS release as well (BB10 may release before that tho)

Just very tired of the JVM 117's and the short battery life...
    07-05-12 10:04 AM
    I loaded the .523 for my 9900, and it is not from my carrier...pull the trigger, take the plunge!
    07-05-12 02:18 PM
    Why NOT start a thread with the gazillion others? Posting "I wish AT&T would release the newest, greatest OS for this version of BB". I don't think cuts it too well.

I'll wait for the next OS release as well (BB10 may release before that tho)

Just very tired of the JVM 117's and the short battery life...
    I'm on AT&T and I use the Bold 9900. I am using Rogers' software (GSM carry in Canada) 7.1.0.391. I'm not having any issues. While you are at it (Upgrading the OS), make sure you do a nice backup of your applications using DM. It's a VERY easy process. Worth it too. The battery life is improved, you receive mobile hotspot for free and NFC capabilities.

Good luck!
    08-06-12 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD