but not read, if i delete the whole conversation, will that remove it from their device too and prevent the other person from reading what i sent? foot in mouth syndrome!
    12-16-11 06:40 PM
    No it will not

unfortunately once that D is beside it, all you can do is steal their phone and clear the chat
    12-16-11 06:44 PM
    lmao
    yeah nothing you can do
    12-16-11 06:52 PM
    lol. thanks guys!!!
    12-16-11 07:06 PM
    Foot in mouth AND typing a BBM too? You must be great at Twister...
    12-16-11 07:07 PM
    Actually there is one thing you can do though it is rather drastic, delete them from your BB contact list all together, that will remove the entire conversation history on both your phones...

CS
    12-16-11 09:26 PM
    Then you just gotta come up with a story when you send that request afterwards lolz
    12-16-11 09:33 PM
    Actually there is one thing you can do though it is rather drastic, delete them from your BB contact list all together, that will remove the entire conversation history on both your phones...

CS
    Very cool trick.
    12-16-11 09:33 PM

CS
    that does NOT always work

If they are not connected to the BIS while you delete them their is a good chance when they reconnect your account will remain on their BB, when they go to message you, it will ask them if they want to reinvite you.

usually it requires an open chat window to have a "ghosted" BBM contact like that
    12-16-11 09:35 PM
    Yes your right I have seen ghost conversations as well, but assuming proper operation of BIS and BBM it does work to remove the message history. I've seen this used first hand by my daughter and her ex-boyfriends to send messages that could very well be taken as criminal harassment, only to have them disappear before you can take a screenshot, because the other party simply removed you from their contacts.

CS
    12-16-11 09:43 PM
    Yes your right I have seen ghost conversations as well, but assuming proper operation of BIS and BBM it does work to remove the message history. I've seen this used first hand by my daughter and her ex-boyfriends to send messages that could very well be taken as criminal harassment, only to have them disappear before you can take a screenshot, because the other party simply removed you from their contacts.

CS
    I do know it is possible, BUT it runs a risk of failing, AND then you double the foot in mouth because they have to add you back to reply.

Also the user may have already read the text using the History trick to keep the text as a D rather than turning it to an R. which I admit to having used before
    12-16-11 09:50 PM
    Actually you can, take a note of your contact's pin, then delete them from your bbm contacts list, then the conversation will disappear from their phone.

After that you can invite them again and make up an excuse for it
    12-17-11 02:01 AM
    Super old thread but I am going to comment on it anyways in case someone finds themselves in the same situation I was in the other day. Here is what happend:

Sent a BBM to MY BOSS that was intended for a friend. Wasn't anything too juicy, but would have changed their opinion of me which I didn't want either. So I panicked and googled how to delete messages that had already been sent and came across this post.

I deleted them as a contact within 2 minutes of sending the messages and hoped for the best. I have read elsewhere that the convo may still exist somewhere and will still show up without your picture and only your pin will be listed. So despite deleting them, I still thought there might be a chance that they might have seen the embarassing messages.

Now, today I added someone by mistake and they started a conversation as to who I was and why I added them. There was some back and forth and I asked THEM to delete ME and left the conversation open.

They deleted me and both the contact and the coversation disappeared. I am using a Bold 9900 with the latest software in case you are wondering.

So if you get yourself into trouble by sending the wrong person a message or writing something that you regret, delete them as a contact and the open coversation will disappear along with that contact. The trick is to do it quick before they can read it
    08-21-12 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD