Anyone know which cod I could load from when it worked to make it work again? I took a look through them but didn't see anything that seemed like it would do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 02:05 PM
    Uh, you have it it just locks the keyboard as well. Unless you wanna mod loads for the rest of your BB days - learn it, like it love it because this is the way it is gonna be.

What is the prob? holding down the lock button locks the keyboard and from what I can tell puts the dev in standby mode. If in a case it will auto unlock when removed. If no in a case just hit the lock button again to unlock the device this bringing it out of standby mode. Yes it is now a manual action as autostandby nor autolock work but I suspect that will change soon.
    03-11-10 02:57 PM
    It doesn't lock the keyboard the same way standby did. This way everytime i hit a key in my pocket it turns the screen on and says the keys are locked, but with standby it fully disabled the keyboard so the keys could get pressed in my pocket and nothing would happen thus saving battery life.
    03-11-10 02:59 PM
    Get off 5.0.
    03-11-10 03:05 PM
    Get off 5.0.
    I have a 9700.....
    03-11-10 03:06 PM
    Use a sheath case. Once in a case you can press as many buttons as you like it will not activate the screen. I tested this. I suspect this will change once autolock and autostandby get updates.
    03-11-10 03:19 PM
    I agree with the OP. I need standby mode. I keep my phone in my pocket so I don't use a holster. And I have autostandby, so I need to have that work.
    03-11-10 05:03 PM
    if you must have the old lock key/standby key function then roll back to 5.0.0.442. that was the last OS that had the old style lock function.

i dont think this is something you can reverse with a simple cod replacement like you can do with sms cods. this is probably more in depth OS wise, and cannot be changed. reverting back to .442 is probably the best bet. not to mention, there was nothing wrong with that OS either.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-12-10 at 01:42 AM.
    03-12-10 01:38 AM
    I agree with the OP. I need standby mode. I keep my phone in my pocket so I don't use a holster. And I have autostandby, so I need to have that work.
    100% agree. I do use the puch but often leave my phone out of its pouch around the house. I too want the real Standby mode back again and I want it to make AutoStandby work. Please RIM.
    03-12-10 05:55 AM
    In .509 on the Bold 9000 the "lock" function is now more like standby - it locks the keyboard and side buttons so they don't turn on the device - saving battery. Perhaps older 5.0 versions don't have this new lock functionality and your next upgrade will fix this for you.
    03-12-10 08:45 AM
    The number buttons light up the screen in .509...the battery life is not as good as .411 for me but everything else is great...I have 3 chargers so its not a huge problem...hopefully the next leak fixes the battery life and the screen lighting up when keyboard is pressed. Also, I was loosing a lot of calls on .411 that went directly o VM and .509 seems to have fix that.
    03-12-10 10:10 AM
    The number buttons light up the screen in .509...the battery life is not as good as .411 for me but everything else is great...I have 3 chargers so its not a huge problem...hopefully the next leak fixes the battery life and the screen lighting up when keyboard is pressed. Also, I was loosing a lot of calls on .411 that went directly o VM and .509 seems to have fix that.
    It was explained to me that the reason the number buttons turn on (but don't unlock) the device is to facilitate 9-1-1 dialing. Try it - put the phone in standby and press 911 - it will put a red bar at the top of the screen saying "press the green call button to initiate an emergency call." I think this is dumb and would like to be able to disable it but I think the usual culprit for turning the phone on in my pocket would be the left and right side buttons.
    03-12-10 10:20 AM
    I hate this new lock/standby button. I keep it in my pocket and half the time it comes unlocked. I use the driphter 7.0 hybrid which is based on .419 and keeps the old lock and standby buttons. I guess I'll just keep that OS unless some kind of patch is released which I doubt because of the deep OS code related to the lock functionality

03-12-10 10:31 AM
    If we can just learn what COD files determine the lock type, we could just make our own patch.
    03-12-10 03:04 PM
    What Standby does is to turn off the CPU. Lock does not do this.

In Standby mode, all that runs is some really dumb hardware that just looks ate the radio and checks for incoming message and calls. The rest of the phone is dead UNTIL either an incoming event happens or you bring the phoine out of Standby.

Standby is a real battery saver as it shuts down 90% - ish of the phone.

All that Lock does is to stop random buttons being pressed. There is no battery saving here at all.

Very similar to Standby mode is Holster Mode. This is where you put the phone into its little magnetic pouch which does pretty much what Standmy does except that the ringtones get (optionally) swapped around.

AutoStandby put the [phone into Standnby (or whatever you chosse) under timed software control - no button pressing or holter needed. It too is a real battery saver.

I want this function back and I reckong ot will come back too since it is a real Blackberry unique feature.
    03-12-10 03:27 PM

In Standby mode, all that runs is some really dumb hardware that just looks ate the radio and checks for incoming message and calls. The rest of the phone is dead UNTIL either an incoming event happens or you bring the phoine out of Standby.

All that Lock does is to stop random buttons being pressed. There is no battery saving here at all.

Very similar to Standby mode is Holster Mode. This is where you put the phone into its little magnetic pouch which does pretty much what Standmy does except that the ringtones get (optionally) swapped around.

AutoStandby put the [phone into Standnby (or whatever you chosse) under timed software control - no button pressing or holter needed. It too is a real battery saver.

I want this function back and I reckong ot will come back too since it is a real Blackberry unique feature.
    Thanks for the info - can you comment on how much the CPU actually works when the phone is locked and no programs are running (aside from the non-closable ones of course).
    03-12-10 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the info - can you comment on how much the CPU actually works when the phone is locked and no programs are running (aside from the non-closable ones of course).
    glad I'm not the only one who wants the real standby back....i've been personally called out as essentially stupid and backward, or told to "suck it up and get with the times" on some of these forums, just because I was annoyed at the switch. how rude!
    03-29-10 09:29 PM
    I love the new lock/standby feature! Thanks RIM!

03-29-10 09:36 PM

[...]
    According to the LOG (i.e. ALT+LGLG) the phone is actually going into standby mode as well.
    03-29-10 09:41 PM
    It will not change, so learn to live with it...
    03-29-10 09:44 PM
    I love the new lock/standby feature! Thanks RIM!

Can only agree!
    03-29-10 09:45 PM
    It will not change, so learn to live with it...
    I know it won't change and I prefer it the way it works now...

Or was that directed @"unclebanglin"?
    03-29-10 09:46 PM

According to the LOG (i.e. ALT+LGLG) the phone is actually going into standby mode as well.
    so, okay RIM is just reporting this as standby? just because they change the reporting in the log doesn't mean that the behavior is the same. clearly, something is crazy, as running the keyboard test and hitting the mute button reports back as {speakerphone} which it clearly isn't...
    03-29-10 09:52 PM
    so, okay RIM is just reporting this as standby? just because they change the reporting in the log doesn't mean that the behavior is the same. clearly, something is crazy, as running the keyboard test and hitting the mute button reports back as {speakerphone} which it clearly isn't...
    I would expect that result as its trying to MUTE the speakerphone as intended (or MUTE music if being played). Not sure why you'd expect anything different. OK, the software could be have been written a little smarter i.e. to check IF the speakerphone is active before trying to MUTE it.

Edit :
    http://crackberry.com/your-mute-key-...ing-stand-mode
    Last edited by PDM; 03-29-10 at 10:37 PM.
    03-29-10 10:23 PM
    I'm betting that RIM will change the standby feature back or modify it again before the summer.
    03-29-10 10:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD