I have like 143 blackberry messenger friend requests, most of them are in arab or something like that. I am unable to stop this!!! needless to say I have no clue who these people are! have any of you had this problem??
    Please help me!!
    01-11-10 12:41 PM
    I have like 143 blackberry messenger friend requests, most of them are in arab or something like that. I am unable to stop this!!! needless to say I have no clue who these people are! have any of you had this problem??
    Please help me!!
    Not to laugh in your face, but that's frikin hilarious. Unfortunately, i don't think there is a way to stop it.
    01-11-10 12:46 PM
    Do a Google search with your PIN number. i bet someone has posted your PIN somewhere. If you can find it, contact the admins of the site and ask for it to be removed.

Make sure you haven't posted your PIN anywhere either.

How long have you had your BlackBerry? You could possibly call your carrier, explain the issue and get it exchanged.

Or you delete BlackBerry Messenger. At least for a while until the requests stop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 12:48 PM
    i would contact your provider and ask them what they can do for you!
    01-11-10 01:00 PM
    Is your Blackberry a recent exchange? I tried to PIN message my brother-in-law and got a nasty response. He had exchanged his unit and new owner of his old unit blew a gasket at me.
    01-11-10 01:08 PM
    theres nothing really you can do unless you find where your pin is posted as the pin is hardwired into the device
    01-11-10 01:18 PM
    ... I have exactly the same Problem - can anyone help?! I was in Egypt for holiday and at once there comes the requests. I only read mails, I not even write mails.

In this case I have to shut down the Mail synchronize - BB Messenger is in the meantime unsinstalled.

The Problem still exist - so I can't use the BB, only to phone but that's not the reason why I have the smart BB9700.

Greetings from
    Bob
    Last edited by b-o-b; 05-08-10 at 01:18 PM. Reason: more information
    05-08-10 01:10 PM
    wow..lol...I'm having the same problem....Most of my request are coming from the UK...Once i add someone i ask them how did you get my pin? they usually respond with "i saw it on a website or i googled it"...It's really weird...
    05-08-10 09:09 PM
    Lol wow. Guess this a reason not to post your pin? I just took mine down!

05-08-10 09:38 PM
    [QUOTE=J_5;5094320]Lol wow. Guess this a reason not to post your pin? I just took mine down!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE ]

That's not a bad idea. Lol

05-08-10 10:06 PM
    I wouldn't even post mine anywhere.

05-08-10 11:57 PM
    ... why are you all laughing?

I have never post my pin anywhere. A short time ago I don't know my pin. Now I googled it - no hit.

Have somebody any suggest what to do? I don't need the messenger - only the mail synchronisation but with this many requests it doesn't work.

Bob
    05-09-10 02:17 AM
    ... why are you all laughing?

I have never post my pin anywhere. A short time ago I don't know my pin. Now I googled it - no hit.

Have somebody any suggest what to do? I don't need the messenger - only the mail synchronisation but with this many requests it doesn't work.

Bob
    If you're not using BB Messenger then delete it. It may be possible that someone intended to post their pin and made typo. As I see it the only option you may have is to inquire with whomever is requesting you as to where they saw your pin and who are they trying to message with. Then when you find who they're really trying to request find that person.

05-09-10 05:48 AM
    If you're not using BB Messenger then delete it. It may be possible that someone intended to post their pin and made typo. As I see it the only option you may have is to inquire with whomever is requesting you as to where they saw your pin and who are they trying to message with. Then when you find who they're really trying to request find that person.

... thanks, but that was the first action I did. Anyway - without BB Messenger I get in one minute hundret of request if I turn on the mail synchronization.

Any other ideas?!

Greets from Bob
    Last edited by b-o-b; 05-09-10 at 11:08 AM.
    05-09-10 11:04 AM
    There is a solution to this. Go to options in bbm and check the "Display Security Question on Invitation".
    05-09-10 11:33 AM
    ... so I reinstalled BBM but with the option "Display Security Question on Invitation" no difference.
    I get still requests - ok less than before but still too much.

I'm very thankful for other tips.

Greets Bob
    05-11-10 07:37 AM
    If you don't know who is requesting to be added to BBM then you do have the option to "Ignore" which puts them in an "ignore" list.
    Or click on Deny & block the request. There's not many options left for you other than delete BBM all together.
    Good luck. That's got to be frustrating!
    05-11-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD