Using Relay ME and an android phone (doubling as a hostpot) I can write SMS messages and send them from my Torch.
    Last edited by johnb_xp; 01-27-18 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Complete rewrite
    xenh likes this.
    01-27-18 12:07 AM
    I think you're thinking of MMS (the text with pictures and attachments or to multiple people) because you've been able to TEXT (regular boring "I'll be home soon" text) to ONE person all day Long without BIS!
    xenh likes this.
    04-24-18 09:00 AM
    Damian Montero
    I think you're thinking of MMS (the text with pictures and attachments or to multiple people) because you've been able to TEXT (regular boring "I'll be home soon" text) to ONE person all day Long without BIS!

I think so too. I can send text messages from my torch 9810 just fine without any fuzz since I opened it 2 days ago...yes, you read right!...and as a total "BB-greenhorn". BUT:
    pics (MMS) I couldn’t manage to date. I use the BB 9810 with a general package plan from Vodafone/Greece from my Nokia 6700s. I dont want to get into BIS right now bcs. I am tied to that packaage for one more year, and they wont let me switch premature. I dont even know if I can stand by my Torch for one year...I am quite at the end of my wisdom after I have managed the basics with that general plan all by myself. (WLAN/WIFI, SMS, facebook(excl. messenger), YT, pictures, contacts, alarm clock, calendar, Bluetooth)…and talking. But I need MMS function almost daily. And Viber or WhatApp would be nice, Skype?, while e-mails I don’t need (so far). At the moment I really don’t need more than my old Nokia did. But after reading for 2 days so many different advices how to achieve that without BIS, today I am totally confused. I am not even sure any more what exactly and how to update from my OS 7.1.0.2807 version?….I guess. Cannot find out here what is the real deal&drill, and in which order…BB-ID?, BBM?, desktop software?...it all sounds Greek to me….
    Btw. I deleted by accident the Greek language which I need the most…so much to my mental state after all. I got the torch brandnew as a gift, and I really would like to make it work…..
    Do you have any idea how I get out of that jungle…where I can find the right drill for me?...I would really appreciate. Or should I better give up and turn to “China man/Android”?...which I stubborn refused so far. Thank you in advance for any help.
    04-26-18 01:07 PM