Well, 5.0 leaked for the 8330, which we have all been waiting for, unfortunately it won't work on the 8330m. So I have decided to stand on the shoulders of giants and continue the work which JustinAdams and Birdman have started. I have used the latest JustinAdams,Birdman Hybrids and OS 4.5.169 as a base for this hybrid build.
    First off I want to thank all of the other hybrid builders on this forum. Without them I wouldn't be able to do this.

I will start off by quoting birdmans thread which is located here.

************************************************** *****************************************
    **************************************Disclamer*** *******************************************
    I provide these files for you to use at your own risk. Neither I nor anyone here is responsible for loss of data, or any harm
    that may come to your phone by using them.
    ************************************************** *****************************************

First and Foremost:
    Do NOT ask questions about installing a hybrid or Justinadams hybrid in this thread.
    There is a ton of information located in this
    and this thread.

Note: This is a BETA hybrid - not all the features have been tested and things might be broken in the releases.

I will be updating THIS POST when new releases come out simply for easy access.
    Installation:
    • Uninstall all of the previous/current updates to your phone (to prevent errors)
    • Download the most recent update for your phone.
    • Download the following package and copy all of the files into the java folder into your phones most recent update.
    • Versions will be incremental and all will contain Birdman and JustinAdams latest hybrids.
    Version 1: DOWNLOAD
    Version 2: DOWNLOAD
    Version 3: DOWNLOAD
    Version 4: DOWNLOAD
    Version 5: DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by warriorforgod; 10-08-09 at 09:22 AM.
    10-02-09 08:20 AM
    What exactly has been changed in this new version. Have you just added more 5.0 files and replaced the 4.6 files? I have the current hybrid now but I'm willing to install this but I'd like to know what is in it. I'm happy with the one I currently have but if I can make it better then I will.
    10-02-09 08:44 AM
    Added some more 5.0 files, and one more 4.6 browser file. In one of the next 2 builds I will be replacing 4.6 files with 5.0 files if I can.
    Last edited by warriorforgod; 10-02-09 at 08:55 AM.
    10-02-09 08:53 AM
    I'm assuming that this would upload to an 88XX device. I'm using the previous versions of justins and birdmans hybrids, including birdmans' beta5 ver2 right now
    10-02-09 09:08 AM
    It very well may, however I am not sure.
    10-02-09 09:12 AM
    I'm assuming that this would upload to an 88XX device. I'm using the previous versions of justins and birdmans hybrids, including birdmans' beta5 ver2 right now
    Well if anyone finds out let me know! Always like a good upgrade
    10-02-09 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I will be upgrading to this later on tonight but as far as you know everything works correctly?? Any issues?? How is the browser now with the extra file added??
    10-02-09 01:58 PM
    As far as I can tell everything is working okay. Browser seems pretty good. All browser files aside from net_rim_bb_browser_daemon and net_rim_bb_browser_push are now 4.6 or 5.0. Here is a list of apps that I use and have tested.

bbweather
    Buzzme
    Google Sync
    Telenav
    Amazon
    Crackberry Launcher
    Circlepopper
    Pandora
    Quickpull
    Mobipocket Reader
    Youversion
    ScoreMobile
    Blackberry App World
    10-02-09 02:37 PM
    Iif anyone cares, I am back on JustinAdam's 4.5.0.169/4.6/5.0 9/18/09 hybrid, and I was able incorporate birdman's 8520 games (Klondike, Sudoku, and Texas Holdem) by using the blackberry.alx file from 5.0.0.230 in the hybrid.

One problem I've noted so far is I lost a screen font, wouldn't you know it would be my favorite one. Anyway, I still have to try and trouble-shoot that, but everything else seems ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 03:06 PM
    Which screen font went away? I may incorporate this into the next version of my hybrid.

10-02-09 03:18 PM
    xliderider, u think its possible to also add the 8520's theme?
    10-02-09 04:18 PM
    xliderider, u think its possible to also add the 8520's theme?
    I tried, it didn't work. It didn't even show up in the Applications list.
    10-02-09 04:27 PM
    Which screen font went away? I may incorporate this into the next version of my hybrid.

I'm not sure. I'll post back if I get it back. lol.
    10-02-09 04:28 PM
    damn we 8330m users really need a 5.0 leak lol
    10-02-09 04:29 PM
    thanks alot guys
    10-02-09 06:56 PM

I figured out the font(s) problem. pm sent.

For those that want the 8520 games now:

1) Download the folder. Extract the folder.

2) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS Folder and copy in the .alx files into your OS folder. Then open the Java folder in your OS folder and copy the games .cod files into your Java folder.

3) Connect your BB to the usb port. Go to the C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\Apploader folder and double-click on loader.exe to load the games on your BB.

I still haven't been able to get Word Mole and Trooper Typing to work, but Klondike, Texas Holdem and Sudoku work well. thanks go to mrweeeeeedbirdman for figuring out that the 8520 games work in OS 5.0. Enjoy.
    Last edited by xliderider; 10-02-09 at 08:42 PM.
    10-02-09 08:37 PM
    im glad to see someone moving forward with this hybrid

this should work with you 88xx users as well.

good luck guys!
    10-02-09 09:42 PM
    I agree! I will help in any way I can.
    10-03-09 05:08 AM
    I am going to the middle of nowhere today so I won't be posting version 2 today. I have been rubbibg the version 2 files since yesterday with no issues and will be adding in birdmans game files as well. Version 2 should be released tomorrow, and version 3 will hopefully be released monday afternoon or tuesday morning.

10-03-09 12:03 PM
    I know you have another version coming tomorrow but I'm gonna load this one up anyway. Let's see what happens.
    10-03-09 01:15 PM
    Loving it so far. Very zippy. the browsing is ligtning fast and I'm in a part of the house that usally gets crap reception. Thanks for this. I felt so alone, like the fat kid who gets picked last.
    10-03-09 02:11 PM
    Not a problem. Just doing my part to help out the community.

10-03-09 08:09 PM
    Loading this hybrid now.

Too many problems with the straight 5.0 OS.
    10-05-09 04:28 AM
    Can't load myspace.

10-05-09 05:36 AM
    BB Maps and BB Messenger (5.0) icons dont show, they are in applications list.

Weathereye icon doesn't show weather conditions or in icon description on rollover with cursor.
    10-05-09 05:39 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD