I have a Verizon 9530 Storm.

I am currently running 148 shrunk.

I am using a theme that is incompatible with 151, though it worked with 5.0.0.140.

I really like having Myspace, and I just got a Facebook.

I want it to be fast like 5.0, but without the glitches (calendar set, and restarting after listening to a song)

I want the fast tabbed browser, but the ability to hold a key to capitalize it.

I can care less if I have transitions or not.

I would like it to be shrunk of extra languages, and other non-essential things.

And I use my camera often.

My apps:

Myspace
    Facebook
    WeatherBug
    GoogleMaps
    FaceCall
    YouVersion Bible (for Bold)
    QuickPull
    AIM
    Yahoo Messenger
    BlackBerry Messenger 5
    Autolock
    BBLight
    BuzzMe (or I could use the functionality in 5.0)

Could someone point me to a hybrid that fits this description, or one close to it, or give me some info of the files I should use to develop my own hybrid (using Lyricidal's Shrink an OS and Build A Hybrid)
    Last edited by Raditude; 09-06-09 at 03:24 AM.
    09-06-09 02:44 AM
    with everything you just said...stay with what you have...nothing out there will come close to what you want
    09-06-09 03:03 AM
    Hybrids blow. Stick with a regular OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 03:05 AM
    But what I got is so damn slow, and locks up all the time.
    09-06-09 03:10 AM
    you cant have everything....you have to give up and come up with a more precise list then
    09-06-09 03:14 AM
    if you want themes then .151 is as high as your gonna go with most of what you want. all i can tell you about the theme your running is get a new one. plenty of nice ones that are .151 compatible. as far as hybrids ummm chances are your not gonna notice any difference from .151 full or hybrid so just stick with the full.
    09-06-09 03:31 AM
    lol....all of us are trolls because we are telling him no to a hybrid....i love it
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-06-09 at 03:47 AM.
    09-06-09 03:39 AM
    I can do without my theme, or I can rebuild it to make it 151 compatible. I tried 151 twice on my phone, and both times, it screwed something up. I even tried it with the base theme, instead of mine, and it still messed up.

5.0.0.140 worked, except for resetting after listening to a song, the alarm clock glitch, and not having Myspace/Facebook. My custom theme even worked with that. I also didn't like the repeat of the keyboard when holding a letter down, and not having the swipe up/down to show/hide the keyboard.

I might just switch back to 140, or some 5.0 based hybrid because it runs faster, and just forget about Myspace/Facebook. I haven't used them much lately, and the emails still come in to my phone.
    09-06-09 03:45 AM
    I can do without my theme, or I can rebuild it to make it 151 compatible. I tried 151 twice on my phone, and both times, it screwed something up. I even tried it with the base theme, instead of mine, and it still messed up.

5.0.0.140 worked, except for resetting after listening to a song, the alarm clock glitch, and not having Myspace/Facebook. My custom theme even worked with that. I also didn't like the repeat of the keyboard when holding a letter down, and not having the swipe up/down to show/hide the keyboard.

I might just switch back to 140, or some 5.0 based hybrid because it runs faster, and just forget about Myspace/Facebook. I haven't used them much lately, and the emails still come in to my phone.
    Just bookmark the wap facebook/myspace pages and frequent them. They aren't as convinient as the apps but you get used to them quickly.
    09-06-09 03:51 AM
    Hybrids blow. Stick with a regular OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah hybrids blow..... that would explain why lyricidal has almost a quarter of a million hits on his thread.....
    Last edited by OneOfaKindDPC; 09-06-09 at 11:00 AM.
    09-06-09 10:57 AM

good one OOAK lol
    Good stuff. I say use OOAK's 7.99 hybrid. Just fix the font issue with your theme and you will have the majority of the things you want.
    09-06-09 12:34 PM
    I'm gonna try OOAK's and Lyricidal's 140/154 Hybrid.
    09-06-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD