my phone is att...
    05-03-12 11:46 AM
    my phone is att...
    AT&T have problem with MIC. see page 2
    05-03-12 02:17 PM
    thanks bro. later i will answer *be right back i must search translator first* #tepokjidad
    Okay thanks bro for the effort of looking for the translation of what I've said

For Blackberry Desktop Manager, is there any evidence "connecting"? if you've tried it on another computer? Hybrid OS in my opinion there is no impact to the USB port, the problem might be from the USB? idk..
    Okay after restarting my computer, Desktop Manager works with your Hybrid OS. Yes, I've tried using it to another computer. It works. However whenever I tried clicking on the "Applications" tab under Desktop Manager it actually crashes. I've tried using another 9380 phone with the Official OS from RIM, it works. So it's definitely a Hybrid OS issue.

Q: Oh yeah, can someone explain why I need to monitor this hybrid OS with constant battery draining thing for 3 days? and do I need to do a battery pull, like when? also, is it possible to just do a soft reset via MeterBerry or via QuickPull and not a battery pull? Which is better?
    A: Pull the bat i think its important to do at least once a day, to refresh your blackberry OS system. and don't use Meterberry or QuickPull to do a reset, unplug the battery and reset by the application is not the same.
    What I'm asking you is all about the reason behind the thing that for 3 days the phone needs to absorb the new Hybrid OS and I will be experiencing a battery drain. Why does the phone need to adjust for 3 days after installing the Hybrid OS?

Yes before I always do a soft reset. I don't know why I just love doing it. Like for example after using the browser or listening to music or even downloading a new app, I always love doing a soft reset. Since I'm using an all touch phone, I have to use QuickPull. I know it frees all of the wasted memory. I always do it multiple times a day and it made me realize that my battery's life suffers a lot. So I just decided after having my phone fully charged, I will just do it once. The next thing will be after having another change, where in if the battery is full again.

They said doing a soft reset and a battery reset/hard reset is just the same. Anyway if I keep on doing the battery pull thing, will the back cover of my BlackBerry phone be a bit losen up or probably it kinda lessen the life/quality and stability of the back cover of my phone?

Q: Oh and upon checking AppWorld and refreshing my applications, I only can see BlackBerry Protect. I don't see Facebook or whatever. Is it because of the Facebook app that comes with the Hybrid OS is somewhat modified or something? If it is, am I allowed to install normal and not for Hybrid OS apps?
    A: Blackberry Protect is installed on your blackberry? Of course you can install again this hybrid without any application
    After installing your Hybrid OS, by default there are installed apps. Of course I actually selected them and they're listed whenever you run the "loader.exe" application.

Going back, after installing the Hybrid OS, I have Facebook, Twitter and FourSquare and all other applications installed by default right? Usually I should see them in BlackBerry App World. However, the only application that I can see is "BlackBerry Protect".

In an Official OS from RIM, after the installation you'll see some social networking apps like Facebook and Twitter installed by default. You'll see them listed in My World under the BlackBerry AppWorld application.

Q: ---FourSquare just notified me that an update is available. Do you think I should update it or just leave the built-in FourSquare that was installed by the hybrid OS?
    A: FourSquare in this hybrid already up to date version. If later you still using this hybrid and FourSquare get update just update again.
    Nope. The FourSquare application in the your Series 4 Hybrid OS is not updated. It does not have the "integrated to messages" feature. At the same time whenver you login to FourSquare, you will be receiving a prompt that you need to update it.

The one that is updated is the Barracuda Series 4.5. It includes the most up to date version of FourSquare.

My question is for example, there's another update. Can I update it or will I just wait for you to release another Hybrid OS that contains the update to a specific application or to a group of applications? Or it's just okay to download non-hybrid apps? Will it make any difference?

Q: ---after restarting my computer, Desktop Manager can now recognize my BlackBerry phone with Hybrid OS. however, whenever I try to check the list of application on my phone via the Desktop Manager, it crashes.
    A: I never found a problem like that you find, if you want to check list application why not use another tools like BBSAK or BBMCP or VnBB Utitilities?
    I only use BBSAK for wiping my phone. VnBB does not work. It always says my phone is disconnected even though my phone is connected. Same thing with CrackUtil. Probably they're outdated. BBMCP works as well as BBSAK.

Yes the Desktop Manager crashes. And I am using the latest version. If I use a non-Hybrid OS, everything works as normal. If I use a Hybrid OS, the "Applications" section of Desktop Manager does not work and it crashes all the time whenever I try to navigate to the "Applications" section.

Q: --I am able to uninstall applications on my hybrid OS phone using the "loader.exe" thing.
    I am also able to install applications using the BlackBerry AppWorld website with it's AppWorld plugin.
    I don't usually try to uninstall an application directly on the phone. I have this feeling that it leaves dummy files of the uninstalled application.

Q: --I was able to make the predictive thing work. Remember a while ago I plugged in my phone to my computer and used the "loader.exe" ... whenever you run it after installing the hybrid OS, you'll see in the "applications" list that it has an update for the BBM hybrid and when you click next, you will be prompted it's going to remove some input support for arabic and other non-english language. Just allow that to happen and after your phone restarts, it will have a predictive dictionary support (english).
    A: predictive just able for english, not for another language. sorry i see your attachment for BBM Hybrid / arabic and korean language to be deleted coz the application i made manually *maybe lol*
    Yes, whever I use "loader.exe" it always want to remove the languages I mentioned by default. Which is okay. I was able to activate the predictive dictionary just by removing them after installing the Hybrid OS.

oke i'll check for GPS later ya.
    btw thanks for any feedback. i give you +1 reputation
    Okay bro. Just reply if you have time. GPS still doesn't work. By the way I'll be installing the Series 4.5 that you made. I hope it's totally a lot better than the Series 4 that you made. Just reply or PM me bro. Looking forward for more improvements and keep up the good work

Another thing, where can I download JAD, COD or IDX files for common blackberry applications like for example "PicStory" ?

By the way, whenever I try to do a soft reset or a hard reset (battery pull) while the phone is connected to my computer, it takes time for it to boot up. It's either I wait for a few more minutes or just remove the USB cord from my computer then my phone's gonna boot up asap (the progress bar when booting up suddenly becomes full).
    Last edited by iAmJuanKarlo; 05-03-12 at 10:40 PM.
    05-03-12 08:27 PM
    I have a problem. When I make a call,a message comes and I just hear the noise of voice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 10:58 PM
    just installed the same, however, i got TONS of errors among others are missing icons, no connectivity, device not recognized by desktop manager, application wont show and the worse part came after i wiped my device --

i've been getting fatal errors everytime i try to reload a new os even after uninstalling and reinstalling all blackberry software installed in my computer. *disaster*

its been 2 hours since i wiped my device and i cant reload my os or any os available..if the creator of this hybrid or anyone can give any help, it will be highly appreciated. Thanks
    05-04-12 07:49 AM
    @goddess07. What device are you using and which version are you trying to install? Just curious.

@BarracudaSeries_
    First, I am very familiar with your site and the hybrids from you and various members @BZone. So, I installed series 4 on my 9810 yesterday easy with no problems, 1 error message(minimal issue to me) - just one, no lags, or touch screen issues. Boot time is around 2 min or less. Thanks for posting.
    05-04-12 01:20 PM
    just installed the same, however, i got TONS of errors among others are missing icons, no connectivity, device not recognized by desktop manager, application wont show and the worse part came after i wiped my device --

i've been getting fatal errors everytime i try to reload a new os even after uninstalling and reinstalling all blackberry software installed in my computer. *disaster*

its been 2 hours since i wiped my device and i cant reload my os or any os available..if the creator of this hybrid or anyone can give any help, it will be highly appreciated. Thanks
    Install the latest version of Desktop Manager and the OS of your choice (the OS installer). I suggest you try out the latest leak OS for your phone or the official OS for your phone then run BBSAK to wipe the device. After wiping the device restart your computer.

Run the "loader.exe" thing and everything is going to be fine.
    05-04-12 05:52 PM
    Install the latest version of Desktop Manager and the OS of your choice (the OS installer). I suggest you try out the latest leak OS for your phone or the official OS for your phone then run BBSAK to wipe the device. After wiping the device restart your computer.

Run the "loader.exe" thing and everything is going to be fine.
    Thanks for the comments.

Installed the leaked 7.1.0.402 OS for 9900 and installed the latest Desktop Manager but to no avail. I wiped my device via BBSAK and also made factory reset and wipe again (overkill) but unfortunately still to no avail. Everytime i run the "loader.exe", Barracuda OS still appears in the list, not the default OS description though i have completely removed it and installed a fresh OS. I tried to continue with the process despite the apparent "Barracuda" still appearing but I always encounter a FATAL ERROR unabling me to continue reloading ANY OS (i tried older OS too).

Up to now, unfortunately, i still have a pretty and expensive paper weight - BB 9900 with error 507.
    05-05-12 07:04 AM
    you should only use wipe device not factory reset.

you actually need to install desktop manager first then after that install the leak OS.
    05-05-12 12:12 PM
    @goddess07. What device are you using and which version are you trying to install? Just curious.

@BarracudaSeries_
    First, I am very familiar with your site and the hybrids from you and various members @BZone. So, I installed series 4 on my 9810 yesterday easy with no problems, 1 error message(minimal issue to me) - just one, no lags, or touch screen issues. Boot time is around 2 min or less. Thanks for posting.
    hey bro! long time no see
    what error message you get?
    05-05-12 02:39 PM
    hey bro! long time no see
    what error message you get?
    LOL, 1st) password problems, then, 2nd)the site said I was no longer registered as a member. Then I couldn't get anyone to return my emails asking what the h*ll was going on. I still no clue as to what happened. Anyway, the Error message happened at the very beginning after the initial reboot. So far, no issues.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-06-12 at 01:21 AM.
    05-06-12 01:18 AM
    Hi everyone,

Im not able to install the Hybrid 4.5 after deleting all files and folder from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9810AllLang_v7.1.0.378_P5.1.0.308

and replacing the content from donwloaded hybrid 4.5

Hybrid Babyluv Edition Arrogant for sure by Barracuda Series 4.5 (Build 01)

and inserting the radio folder on above folder.

I already deleted the vendor.xml files
    05-06-12 03:13 AM
    LOL, 1st) password problems, then, 2nd)the site said I was no longer registered as a member. Then I couldn't get anyone to return my emails asking what the h*ll was going on. I still no clue as to what happened. Anyway, the Error message happened at the very beginning after the initial reboot. So far, no issues.
    password problem? password for the phone or what password?
    when last login in BZone? maybe you can register again lol
    until now nothing error message again rite?

Hi everyone,

Im not able to install the Hybrid 4.5 after deleting all files and folder from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9810AllLang_v7.1.0.378_P5.1.0.308

and replacing the content from donwloaded hybrid 4.5

Hybrid Babyluv Edition Arrogant for sure by Barracuda Series 4.5 (Build 01)

and inserting the radio folder on above folder.

I already deleted the vendor.xml files
    are you sure already deleted vendor.xml in 2 places?

Place 1:
    (x32) C:\ Program Files \ Common Files \ Research in Motion \ Apploader
    (x64) C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Research in Motion \ Apploader

Place 2:
    C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML

NB: UserAccount with color must match with your account.

Example in my Laptop:
    C:\Users\Barracuda\AppData\Roaming\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML
    hope your problem solved
    05-06-12 03:10 PM
    password problem? password for the phone or what password?
    when last login in BZone? maybe you can register again lol
    until now nothing error message again rite?
    Logging in thru laptop to the site. That happened last year. I never got a response, so, I gave up. Also, no additional error message.

The other reason is someone else that is building some awesome hybrids for the 9810.........Mecca.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-06-12 at 11:43 PM.
    05-06-12 04:35 PM
    version 4.5 was released.
    How is 4.5 compared to 4.0 in radio reception and battery life?? Please someone

I've had 4.0 for about 2 weeks and finally battery drain went down from 7.35 to around 4.58/hr.
    Should I get 4.5? I don't know why but it took unusually long for my battery life to improve.

Anyways I'm looking for answers those who have tried both for adequate time

Thanks, 4.0 was by far the best OS I installed on my new white 9900
    05-07-12 11:02 AM
    Can this hybrid work on a blackberry 9700 as well..?
    05-07-12 11:45 AM
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the issue when on performing a battery pull, the text messages from a couple of days get deleted. i am running this hybrid and i have never experienced this issue with any other build.

Anyone have any sight on this matter? Your help would be apreciated. Thanks
    05-07-12 06:07 PM
    Logging in thru laptop to the site. That happened last year. I never got a response, so, I gave up. Also, no additional error message.

The other reason is someone else that is building some awesome hybrids for the 9810.........Mecca.
    okey bro.. thanks for using this hybrid
    How is 4.5 compared to 4.0 in radio reception and battery life?? Please someone

I've had 4.0 for about 2 weeks and finally battery drain went down from 7.35 to around 4.58/hr.
    Should I get 4.5? I don't know why but it took unusually long for my battery life to improve.

Anyways I'm looking for answers those who have tried both for adequate time

Thanks, 4.0 was by far the best OS I installed on my new white 9900
    i thing you must try this one..
    Can this hybrid work on a blackberry 9700 as well..?
    lol, this hybrid only for OS7 device.. not for 9700
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the issue when on performing a battery pull, the text messages from a couple of days get deleted. i am running this hybrid and i have never experienced this issue with any other build.

Anyone have any sight on this matter? Your help would be apreciated. Thanks
    what you mean? with this hybrid nothing the issue? or with this hybrid you have the issue? sorry my english very bad
    05-08-12 05:40 PM
    Yes I have this issue with this hybrid

okey bro.. thanks for using this hybrid

what you mean? with this hybrid nothing the issue? or with this hybrid you have the issue? sorry my english very bad
    05-08-12 06:12 PM
    After more that 6 years of using a Blackberry I am going to try my first Hybrid OS... let the games begin
    05-10-12 07:38 AM
    Initially posted in the wrong thread. To all 9810 owners, this is an awesome hybrid. You can check the date from my initial post. I can't add any additional comments - except I've used the OPs hybrids for a few years on numerous devices......even prior to being posted on this site. So, well done.
    05-11-12 12:30 AM
    I have installed this hybrid 4 on 9860. ofcourse it is much faster and freed more memory but I am having problem in setting up emails. It is displaying "device has problem in connecting server". Is it OS problem or connectivity issue?
    05-11-12 09:35 PM
    After more that 6 years of using a Blackberry I am going to try my first Hybrid OS... let the games begin
    Before using this OS I was on the default OS that came with my Blackberry and battery barely lasted from 8:30 am and would be dead by 07:00 pm.

After loading this Hybrid my 9790 has indeed got a new life!

The device has been switched on (after full charge) for 1 day 4hours and battery level is currently 34% and time remaining still shows up as 13 hours and 51 minutes
    Average discharge rate is 2.4% per hour.

This is just amazing.... really good work!

Memory still shows up as 43% free.
    barracudaseries likes this.
    05-11-12 11:49 PM
    The 4.5 series is a lot better, stable and faster than the 4 series. It's awesome. And because of it I became curious with Shrinking my own OS. It's awesome. Right now I'm using the official OS 7.1 from RIM and I shrunk. So from 200MB+ it's only 85 MB. I have lots of space for my apps now. It's really awesome.

The GPS for the Series 4 and Series 4.5 doesn't work. That's why I decided to use an official OS from RIM.
    05-12-12 01:46 AM
    Users have been talking about ver 4.5 in this thread but there is no link for download. I had to uninstall 4 from my 9860 after using for a day. It was very unstable, wifi signals were erratic. Is any one using on 9860 and is satisfied? Ver 3 was very stable on 9860, I had used for around 2 weeks before shifting to 402 base.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 07:03 PM
157 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD