Quick question regarding installing into the java folder. Do you just copy the contents of the Hybrid java folder to the base OS java folder, overwriting any files with the same names or do you just replace the base os java folder with the Hybrid java folder?
    Depends on the type of installation provided by the builder. All of my builds are installed via copy/paste/overwrite. But I've seen plenty of other builds with instructions to delete existing files and replace with whatever comes in that particular build.

Regardless, I strongly recommend keeping a copy of the "stock" java folder somewhere handy...that way if the build doesn't agree with your device (or live up to your expectations), you can always go back to a clean base OS whenever you choose.
    06-14-12 01:45 PM
    Depends on the type of installation provided by the builder. All of my builds are installed via copy/paste/overwrite. But I've seen plenty of other builds with instructions to delete existing files and replace with whatever comes in that particular build.

Regardless, I strongly recommend keeping a copy of the "stock" java folder somewhere handy...that way if the build doesn't agree with your device (or live up to your expectations), you can always go back to a clean base OS whenever you choose.
    Thanks, just about to try the update of a 9800 using 6.0.723 and your Acacia build.

Just finishing the install of 723 since the phone was on 600. I have been on OS 7 phones for the last year and forgot how slow the OS update was on the 9800.
    06-14-12 01:50 PM
    Thanks, just about to try the update of a 9800 using 6.0.723 and your Acacia build.

Just finishing the install of 723 since the phone was on 600. I have been on OS 7 phones for the last year and forgot how slow the OS update was on the 9800.

Wait just a little bit...my next build, Adrenaline, will be out shortly. I think it is better/faster than Acacia.
    robsteve likes this.
    06-14-12 01:52 PM
    Wait just a little bit...my next build, Adrenaline, will be out shortly. I think it is better/faster than Acacia.
    Too late Actually, I was able to select cancel as it was just in the initial backup step of the install.
    06-14-12 02:02 PM
    I posted my new build earlier today - Adrenaline.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 06:25 PM
    Will this hybrid house watsapp and I m currently using v 4.5.0.175 from Verizon and facing issues with blackberry service on Vodafone. The bum functions for 15-20 min den small GPRS appears and nothing works thereafter. Also, in case of a new hybrid for this let me know. Thanks

I don't think the 8520 will run OS 6, but I'm not sure. I have a 9700, so that's mainly what I focus on.

However, even OS 5 devices can benefit from running hybrids that include OS 6 files. As I mentioned, I'm part of the BDHP team and I'm fairly confident that the latest BDHP hybrid (6.0) will work just fine on your device.

You can find it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-579708/
    08-12-12 07:01 AM
    umm, newbie here.. first time reading and trying to install hybrid..

i have downloaded one zip file from here (http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...0727-a-737826/)
    which contains a set of cod files.. but i couldn't find any installer files :S
    how to install these files?
    08-24-12 03:35 AM
    someone please reply
    08-24-12 07:35 AM
    umm, newbie here.. first time reading and trying to install hybrid..

i have downloaded one zip file from here (http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...0727-a-737826/)
    which contains a set of cod files.. but i couldn't find any installer files :S
    how to install these files?
    The first post in this thread tells you how to install a Hybrid OS.

It was written by the guy who has made the OS you want to install.

Read it carefully and if in doubt ask a specific questions once you have taken it all in.

Basically, you paste the files from your download into the appropriate folders in a pre installed standard OS and load that once you have made the modifications. That is why there are a list of "base" OS's recommended for you to choose from to create the hybrid.
    08-24-12 12:40 PM
    Thanks man
    Installed it and works just fine
    08-25-12 12:25 AM
    I asked this in another thread but was completely ignored so maybe I can get an answer here: Any ideas why the desktop software shows wireless music sync as the only application on the list? I can usually see all my apps including the core ones but that's the only one that shows up. It's been like that since I started using the hybrids. Does that mean I missed a step? I'm using desktop software 7.1.0.32 (bundle 33).
    08-29-12 07:34 AM
    The only issue that comes to mind is a vendor.xml file hiding somewhere...
    08-29-12 03:20 PM
    Hello,

I am using OS6 (9700Asia_v6.0.0.546, Reliance) on BB 9700, I am irritated with battery pull because of getting more space in phone memory (memory leak problem). I want to know that can I use BDHP V7.0 for my current OS6 version and it will solve my memory leak problem.

Thanks
    09-25-12 06:17 AM
    Memory leak cannot be solved but minimized. Depends also on what apps your using. 6.0.0.546 is old. Use one of the newer releases alongwidth the hybrid if you choose to. Shrink the OS and remove all the etc's that you don't use.
    09-25-12 08:57 AM
    Thanks for reply.
    Means hybrid helps me to increase phone memory ?
    09-26-12 03:19 AM
    Thanks for reply.
    Means hybrid helps me to increase phone memory ?
    The hybrid builders try and get the best mix to give you a stable and responsive OS.
    You can increase application memory by shrinking.
    09-26-12 04:27 AM
    im stuck.
    blackberry desktop software doesnt recognise the newer os ive downloaded?, the reccomended base for ******* aikido, its installed where the instructions here say to and aikido is extracted into the java file
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java

bbsak os loader wizard stops at the device application selection but has no devices to add? so it wont work either.

I cant find a download for bdhp 6.0 install program

so im stuck with a wiped 9700 and need help to get any, but preferably the aikido hybrid, os installed
    01-11-13 12:59 AM
    Well i have a question, i just installed the os and i see java wifi hotspot.cod but when I search in the BB I can't find it, I use BB9780
    03-18-13 01:25 PM
    From the first post on this thread:

This little guide is intended to help everyone understand what files are stored where on their computers,
    and how those files get installed to their BlackBerry.

This is just a guide. Starting a new thread regarding your issue will likely get a faster response.
    03-18-13 05:28 PM
    Hey guys..thisz my first time installing a hybrid os..just one question..iv downloaded transformer xxtreme for my torch9800..do I need to install a base os to my pc before I can use the hybrid..because in C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\*loader files aint there..help would be much appreciated..
    06-10-13 08:14 PM
    Hey guys..thisz my first time installing a hybrid os..just one question..iv downloaded transformer xxtreme for my torch9800..do I need to install a base os to my pc before I can use the hybrid..because in C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\*loader files aint there..help would be much appreciated..
    Yes, otherwise you don't have a place to put the hybrid files.
    06-14-13 03:25 PM
    newbie question here..
    How can I check if I have installed the hybrid os correctly?
    can I see it using the alt+shift+h?
    my phone is a 9780,basically followed the guide.
    installed the os v.749 (its the recommended os for ascot os)..
    deleted the vendor.xml..
    created a copy of the java folder and placed it in the desktop..
    copied the contents of the ascot folder into the java folder,replaced the excisting files..
    then run the uploader..
    followed the instruction guide here until the process was over and removed my phone..
    now it says v.749 was installed when i hit the alt+shift+h keys
    but how will I know if I installed the hybrid os??
    thanks in advanced guys
    07-28-13 07:53 AM
    Good to see you great well explain tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us!
    08-05-13 04:46 AM
    thanks , I will try to apply this method to my 8330 device.
    01-08-14 09:17 AM
    no more headache from hybrid os....wonderful guide..
    01-25-14 11:21 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD