I'll try to keep this quick. I have a 8330 running on Sprint. The only issue I seem to be facing is the radio changing from 1XEV to 1xev, to 1ev, etc...

First, will this hybrid work on a Sprint 8330? I would assume yes, but wanted to check before trying it.

Also, is there a radio file that I could replace to correct this issue? Thanks everyone!
    07-13-09 07:07 PM
    Hmmm. All seemed well for a couple days. Now I get occasional lockups. The device just stops doing anything.
    07-13-09 08:02 PM
    Yes, you can load this on your BB and it should fix the RF issue as long as your BB isn't a 8330m.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:03 PM
    So the one thing that no longer works for me while using this hybrid is Tetherberry. I reloaded apps as specified, and the app "works" -- it see's it as connected. But it doesn't really work as a tether. Justs sends packets with nothing received...for minutes.

Any ideas?

07-13-09 08:05 PM
    Hey Guys,

I've been playing around with my Curve. I was having some issues with my phone running slow and then had some other problems like the speaker blast issue, and my GPS completely quit working. First I tried out the .160 update but was having some of the common problems that have been noted for verizon customers in that thread and my GPS still wasn't working. So I decided to try out your hybrid. I fixed all of my issues with .160 except now I have backlight lag often when using my phone. I'm pretty sure that my GPS is just dead... I've tried different things including the "gps fix" using qpst detailed on the forums. I'm thinking about getting a replacement from verizon I contacted tech support about my GPS issue... anyways that off topic. I mainly was letting you know that I'm having the backlight lag issue, and if you have any ideas about that or fixing it my ears are open.
    07-14-09 12:50 AM
    Have the .160 but deciding to give your Hybrid a go can't wait to play around with it!!! downloading it now and probably install it tonight. Can't wait!
    07-14-09 02:19 PM
    Good to hear, I hope it works out for you

07-14-09 06:14 PM
    perhaps it's because i had so much trouble last time but this was by far the easiest upgrade/install. thanks for the hybrid!
    07-15-09 05:43 PM
    perhaps it's because i had so much trouble last time but this was by far the easiest upgrade/install. thanks for the hybrid!
    Does DM 5.0 have any effect on this? Or has anyone tested?

And if I for some reason screw up is there a way to downgrade to whatever the default verizon is now with DM 5.0?

Last edited by xDexter; 07-17-09 at 02:23 AM.
    07-16-09 01:27 AM

Next open the CDMA folder and move/replace the rim8330c.sfi file.

Next open the Java folder and move/replace all the net_rim_bb files from the zip folder.
    ok, this is the first time I am doing this so excuse the ignorance....am I replacing ALL then net_rim_bb files with the ones in the zip or just the ones in the java folder that have the same names as the zip folder? I figured Id be sure before I screw it all up...if you have answered this already, I apologize, I am ready to finish and read thru the first couple of comments and got too impatient
    07-18-09 09:57 AM
    ok, this is the first time I am doing this so excuse the ignorance....am I replacing ALL then net_rim_bb files with the ones in the zip or just the ones in the java folder that have the same names as the zip folder? I figured Id be sure before I screw it all up...if you have answered this already, I apologize, I am ready to finish and read thru the first couple of comments and got too impatient
    just the ones in the java folder....move all those files into the java folder and hit replace all
    07-18-09 01:37 PM
    Bill, hook up your BB to your PC and open Desktop Manager. Open Application Loader. When the list populates on the left with the applications and core apps, look for BB Maps in the list and make sure it is checked off, along with everything else you want on your BB. Click Next to load.
    I just updated from .77 to the Hybrid .160 on a Verizon Curve. I am having the same problem -- no listing for BB Maps. When I open Application Loader/Add Applications -- there is no listing for BB Maps. Only applications are quick Pull and Opera Mini. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
    07-18-09 02:31 PM
    Does DM 5.0 have any effect on this? Or has anyone tested?

And if I for some reason screw up is there a way to downgrade to whatever the default verizon is now with DM 5.0?

DM 5.0 worked fine for me. do exactly what it says in the instructions do not load DM just load the apploader, you will not have to disconnect from internet or anything, when you do launch dm 5.0 just ignore the "update to a newer" version crap or just tell it not to look for newer things, chances are if you're on here you'll know about it before they are officially released anyways.
    07-18-09 03:03 PM
    Can this be installed using Desktop Manager?
    07-18-09 04:12 PM
    I just updated from .77 to the Hybrid .160 on a Verizon Curve. I am having the same problem -- no listing for BB Maps. When I open Application Loader/Add Applications -- there is no listing for BB Maps. Only applications are quick Pull and Opera Mini. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
    I followed instructions per page one. I did not load DM and just loaded the app loader. I now have BB Maps! OS working fine on a Verizon/8330m. Thanks!!
    07-18-09 09:33 PM
    This worked flawlessly! Thank you guys so much for this!
    07-19-09 07:44 AM
    I haven't had any problems with this until yesterday. My phone froze BAD 2 times, one time it recovered but the other time I had to pull the battery out -_-

07-19-09 01:01 PM
    I have a BB 8330 from VZW and I'm running 4.5.0.77 OS. I want to upgrade my OS so I can get BBM 5.0. If I download this hybrid OS, is it free? I started to extract the files and something popped up saying it will expire in 40 days and then I'd have to pay.....I always thought OS upgrades were free.

Anywho, any help & tips are greatly appreciated! And in laymen's terms please

Thanks in advance!
    Marsha
    07-19-09 01:30 PM
    I have a BB 8330 from VZW and I'm running 4.5.0.77 OS. I want to upgrade my OS so I can get BBM 5.0. If I download this hybrid OS, is it free? I started to extract the files and something popped up saying it will expire in 40 days and then I'd have to pay.....I always thought OS upgrades were free.

Thanks in advance!
    Marsha
    It should all be free. I did it last night and had no problems. Just follow the instructions step by step and there shouldn't be an issue. What file told you that it would expire in 40 days?
    07-20-09 03:56 AM
    Yeah, there's never been a file saying it will expire. It's simply two different OSs put together. That must be something else. Maybe it's a program you are adding to it...a thrid party program. I have installed the hybrid on a number of my friend's bbs and there has not been a mention of expiration.
    07-20-09 06:33 AM
    Thanks alot for the help everyone. I am attempting to install now. I'll let you know how it goes
    07-20-09 03:10 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Marsha

That would be WinRAR LoL. It's the program used to extract the files you have, and is not part of the OS file.
    07-20-09 03:36 PM
    Ok so I followed the directions for the download but clearly I have missed something. I did everything up to the CrackMem part and things went well.

Then I opened DM, went to Application Loader and selected v. 4.5.0.160 for the update to install. Then it said "No software update is required for your device".
    Where did I go wrong? I didn't do the JL Cmder wipe because I thought you either do CrackMem or JL Cmder.

Thanks for your help...and patience

Marsha
    07-20-09 03:45 PM
    Yes! That's what it is. Thank you.

That would be WinRAR LoL. It's the program used to extract the files you have, and is not part of the OS file.
    07-20-09 03:51 PM
    Ok, just did the hybrid upgrade per first post, taking forever to reboot, the anticipation is killing me.
    07-20-09 08:51 PM
464 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD