04-05-10 10:39 AM
464 1234 ...
tools
    blackngray,

I just noticed that you're running the .131 phone and profiles apps as well. I only pulled the .131 radio into my hybrid build. It's running well, so I'm not **** bent on re-engineering things at this point. Are there any major benefits to adding the phone and profiles apps to the hybrid .160 build?

Thanks again. One of my favorite things about Berries is that you can customize the crap out of them and really make the phone "yours" unlike most "dumb" phones out there.
    I added the profiles app because I wanted .160 and I didn't want any profile crashes that some have complained about.

I pulled the phone app because I thought it might also have something to do with the problems that VZW users have been experiencing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:07 PM
    So if I use the loader.exe instead of apploader I should be able to skip the jl_cmder step?

The reason I ask is I don't have internet at the house and would have to go somewhere to use the wifi(which is a pain in this tiny town where I live). I do have both os's downloaded to my pc though.

You can try, but when I tried to do what you want to do, Application Loader and Loader.exe didn't detect anything to change.

You might be able to "downgrade" to .131, make the changes to the files in .160, then "upgrade" to the modified .160 OS. You get what I'm getting at? Loader.exe will definitely know that the OS on the PC and the BB are different in that situation.
    06-05-09 05:11 PM
    Yup I get it...thx.

06-05-09 05:19 PM
    Did the Hybrid with the JL wipe and all went well. So far so good on all ends. Thanks again for giving me something new to do with my BB. One curiosity question, does it matter if a JL wipe or a Crackmem wipe is done? Thanks again.
    06-05-09 06:50 PM
    Nope, they are the same wipe initiated through the Javaloader.exe program. CrackMem just has the nice GUI.
    06-05-09 07:24 PM
    Thank you as always.
    06-05-09 07:50 PM
    I'm on 4.3. Do i still have to follow all of these steps?

06-05-09 08:53 PM

You can probably skip the JL Commander wipe.
    06-05-09 08:56 PM

Yes, if you've never upgraded before then you might want to try a regular upgrade first and familiarize yourself with the process.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    06-05-09 08:57 PM
    BnG & Xlide, how is the battery life? And what about the memory? Did you still get a significant gain over the standard .138? Any memory leaks?

Thanks to all those that developed, tested, and shared this.

06-05-09 09:04 PM
    BnG & Xlide, how is the battery life? And what about the memory? Did you still get a significant gain over the standard .138? Any memory leaks?

Thanks to all those that developed, tested, and shared this.

Battery life is about the same as the .13X OSs of late. No memory leak that I've noticed, I try to stay away from any apps that are known for memory leak anyway.
    06-05-09 09:09 PM
    I was just on a hour long call and it about killed my battery but I only had about half a charge anyway.

Other than that I really haven't noticed much of an improvement on battery life or memory drain.
    06-05-09 09:12 PM
    Grrr.

Today I received my first call with this OS install (No one calls me ) and I got the screech noise :/

I tested it out multiple times and it seems the screech happens 2/5 times.
    06-05-09 10:09 PM
    Uh oh... you're the first to report the screech/chirp on this hybrid or on the original .160 with .131 radio hybrid.
    06-05-09 10:24 PM
    Thanks. I've upgraded before. Too many problems so i downgraded back to the flawless 4.3

06-05-09 11:47 PM
    4.3 is hardly flawless. The browser in 4.3 leaves much to be desired, IMO.

06-05-09 11:53 PM
    4.3 is hardly flawless. The browser in 4.3 leaves much to be desired, IMO.

is that all?
    06-06-09 12:00 AM
    Uh oh... you're the first to report the screech/chirp on this hybrid or on the original .160 with .131 radio hybrid.
    Yeah. I'm not really sure what to do.
    06-06-09 12:01 AM
    Yeah. I'm not really sure what to do.
    Double check the files in your Shared folder to see if the right files from .131 were swapped. Also double check the platform version, it should be 3.4.0.25 if the .131 radio took.

06-06-09 12:08 AM
    Double check the files in your Shared folder to see if the right files from .131 were swapped. Also double check the platform version, it should be 3.4.0.25 if the .131 radio took.

I checked 'em and everything seems like it should be.

Platform version is 3.4.0.25.

I'll wipe and reinstall tomorrow and see if that helps.
    06-06-09 12:27 AM
    updated.

out of 10 calls to myself.. heard the phone belch twice.
    ..and had the "screen on" delay.
    back to 4.3
    06-06-09 01:38 AM
    updated.

out of 10 calls to myself.. heard the phone belch twice.
    ..and had the "screen on" delay.
    back to 4.3
    your seriously going to go back to 4.3 because of a screech?

Holy crap lol
    06-06-09 01:49 AM
    lol.. a pet peeve..

but the screen delay bothers me also.
    i guess i can hold out until i get a later model blackberry.
    06-06-09 02:11 AM
    lol.. a pet peeve..

but the screen delay bothers me also.
    i guess i can hold out until i get a later model blackberry.
    For the screen delay, press the Enter or Space key instead of the trackball to wake up your BB after the screen times out. No delay.
    06-06-09 02:11 PM
    Hey guys upgraded to the Hybrid 4.5.0.160/.131 OS late last night.A little nervous switcharooing the individual files around!!!!!....although I had upgraded a few OS systems from the base 4.3 the phone shipped with.I never had the screech noise on the calls running .160.I did have RF recycling (I think) and profile issues.So far so good!!!!! Picked up a massive amount of FF from the .160 and .160/.131 Hybrid upgrades.On .131 I was down to 1.4FF running: Slacker,App World,VZ Nav,Google Maps,Google Mobile App,Memory Eye,Berry Buzz,and Quick Launch.Now after upgrade and adding BB Maps and Tasks during upgrade I average 4.4FF after a hard reset.Very happy so far.No backlight lag...none.Have made outgoing calls only, since Hybrid upgrade...still no noise during calls.I did notice the RF meter changing while moving from different rooms in the house.Not sure if this is normal or not.Until I started reading these threads.....I never paid attention to the RF meter.So I have no reference point pre vs prior OS upgrade.I'll keep everyone posted as time passes.I appreciate all the help at Crackberry!!!! The best! Thanks! PalBay
    06-06-09 02:27 PM
464 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD