Well with the big hit that this has been over in the 8830WE forum,

I decided to include you guys in the action and make a hybrid os with the known compatible 5.0 files from the bold/curve betas

instructions are included in the download but if u need better ones follow the link to the 8830 thread

also if u need any help please visit the 8830 sub-forums and click on the Hybrid thread. ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...0-beta-248646/ )

Enjoy.

8800 TIM 4.5.0.140+ os5.0 : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

8820 t-mo 4.5.0.139+ os5.0 : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

after you copy the files and delete your vendor.xml

just use loader.exe or desktop manager to update your phone as u normally would.

if you have dm4.7 please disconnect your internet during the process

EDIT:

also great new update!!

Guys i've just added a link to install BBM 5.0 to the first post in this thread, more progress for us.

i need some people willing to test it out on their 8800's 8820's i'm sure u all want to anyway haha

To install just extract the zip file on your computer. Remember the location. Open up Desktop Manager and click on Application Loader. Under Add/Remove Applications press Start. When the screen comes up with all the apps on your device, select Browse and navigate to the folder you extracted from the zip. Choose the BlackBerryMessenger.alx and click next. Then just wait for the phone to reboot and walla, the brand new BBM 5.

if this does not work you have to copy the .alx to the main folder of your OS and the .cod files to the java folder or otherwise DM won't recognize it

dl BBM 5.0 here: http://www.berryosfiles.com/downloads/BBM_4.5.0.zip

Last edited by skunkd; 07-17-09 at 02:48 PM.
    Fiasco likes this.
    06-23-09 03:56 PM
    OTA 5.0 themes for 88xx: (visit links from your blackberry browser @ m.crackberry.com to install)
    BOTTOM DOCK:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_B..._83xxOS4_5.jad

L Theme:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_L..._83xxOS4_5.jad

Today Plus Theme:
    http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_T..._83xxOS4_5.jad

promise these work even though its 83xx branded !

sample:

Features:
    - Highest Quality Theme
    - User Customizable Home Screen Icons
    - User Customizable Fonts - except for dialogs/menus
    - Authentic OS 4.6 Icons
    - Authentic Precision App Screen and Lock Screen - not locked
    - Bottom Dock, L, and Today Theme versions also availables
    - Include International Characters

ENJOY THESE THEMES FREE thanks to Aneto!

If you don't have data on your berry here is a link for all 3 types of the theme for download to install through DM.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

These themes will work for all 88xx and 83xx devices.
    06-23-09 03:57 PM
    dont understand why it tells you to dl Make sure you have t-mobile 8820 4.5.0.160 which doesnt exist i think
    i think its a typo
    06-23-09 07:46 PM
    Whoops that's a typo I meant t-mo 4.5.0.139 sorry guys! Make sure that's installed on your pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skunkd; 06-23-09 at 08:46 PM.
    06-23-09 08:30 PM
    What is the difference is there any visual changes and how do I know if it was successful

06-23-09 08:36 PM
    No visual changes, browser renders java much faster, media player is much faster its worth it read the reviews that my 8830 thread had and decide.

To check if it worked after the upgrade goto: options, advanced options, apps, blackberry button, modules look for the 5.0.0.100 modules that are mixed in. If they are there it worked correctly

06-23-09 08:45 PM
    The theme I have above is for the visual effect

06-23-09 08:45 PM
    cool nice it worked
    good thing i can still use tom's 8900 them
    06-23-09 09:46 PM
    once added the hybrid file, i can no longer access the wifi config page. Anyone else having this problem?
    06-27-09 04:25 AM
    those precision themes are sweet, I downloaded the L theme, but one problem that I have been experiencing is: You cant scroll to the left or right (it goes to the profile icon every time) You have to scroll up and down to go left and right. A little weird at first.
    06-27-09 06:42 PM
    The bottom dock version is the only one that has side scrolling on the home screen

06-27-09 06:44 PM
    4.5.0.161 is out and official.

I'm wondering whether I couldn't just drop the new files into that install folder and get the same result. It's pretty clear which ones are taken from 5.0.0.100.

I'm also wondering whether there are any other compatible cod files that could find their way in there.

For folks who have this running, are the new themes able to show the new variation on "Today Plus" where the Today items show up/fade in when a relevant icon is selected (for example, calendar or messages)?

Thanks.
    06-27-09 10:35 PM
    Taking another look at the filenames for the themes, I'm guessing they don't take advantage of the new plazmic stuff, since they're built for 4.5

Oh well...
    06-27-09 10:37 PM
    Yea u can take the new files and drop the 5.0 files into that java as of right now we haven't found more compatible files as the process takes a lot of trial and error!

06-27-09 10:38 PM
    Yea u can take the new files and drop the 5.0 files into that java as of right now we haven't found more compatible files as the process takes a lot of trial and error!
    I figured it would work - kudos to you for having the patience to work through these things...
    06-27-09 11:11 PM
    Yea is there anyway this can be setup for wireless upgrade? I know it's impossible.

Having a broken USB port is along the same lines as not being able to change your oil. It runs fine for awhile but as the months go on your beta os has dropped from 20mb to 14mb free at boot up.

06-28-09 08:35 AM
    why would you need a wireless upgrade?
    IMO it's easier to do it yourself.
    07-02-09 12:29 AM
    Um, the wireless upgrade was requested because of the broken USB port mentioned in the request, maybe?

07-02-09 08:55 PM
    Yea the broken USB port stops me from upgrading, next berry I'm using the external battery charger from day one.

07-03-09 05:54 AM
    I can install this OS from my 8700c blackberry?
    07-03-09 09:48 AM
    Anyone having WiFi issues. I cannot get into the setup WiFi menu it just goes back to home screen....Weird
    07-03-09 11:30 PM
    I'm thinking maybe the OS didn't load correctly but there were no errors during the OS install. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue with the hybrid.
    07-04-09 12:08 AM
    Anyone having WiFi issues. I cannot get into the setup WiFi menu it just goes back to home screen....Weird
    Not sure if anyone can explain what may be happening, but at least one other person has had that problem (see post #9).
    Last edited by donnamatt; 07-04-09 at 01:01 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    07-04-09 12:51 AM
    4.5.0.161 is out and official.

I'm wondering whether I couldn't just drop the new files into that install folder and get the same result. It's pretty clear which ones are taken from 5.0.0.100.

I'm also wondering whether there are any other compatible cod files that could find their way in there.

For folks who have this running, are the new themes able to show the new variation on "Today Plus" where the Today items show up/fade in when a relevant icon is selected (for example, calendar or messages)?

Thanks.

Okay, so I tried this with 4.5.0.161 installed and I got a 507 error (DM stated fatal error during installation). Other than the agony of having to reload my OS and apps at 1am, I guess it wasn't too big of an issue, but I'm wondering if there is anything I did wrong.

I would have tried it again to see if my luck would be better the second time around but didn't have the energy. Any thoughts? Are those modules perhaps just incompatible with .161?
    07-04-09 01:01 AM
    I'm thinking maybe the OS didn't load correctly but there were no errors during the OS install. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue with the hybrid.
    yes im having wifi issues cant do the wifi setup part
    07-04-09 07:37 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD