so ive always been a fan of bb os leaks...but ive been reading that hybrids run faster and some are better. i have a sprint tour 9630...currently running leaked os 5.0.0.419. been reading over at the bbhybrid.. i want to install and run the .484 hybrid. i have downloaded the .484 from blackberry. now the hybrid is in .rar format (i downloaded from bbhybrids). in order to install hybrid...i must first install .484 to my phone? im currently running .419 on it. i already have .484 installed on pc...but everytime i try to install with apploader or dm it doesnt recognize it. also .419 is not installed anymore on my pc...only phone. so what am i doing wrong here? must i first install normal .484 on phone..(base) then reinstall with hybrid over .484? thanx. sorry guys ive looked everywhere...cant seem to get this going..
    03-03-10 07:54 AM
    so ive always been a fan of bb os leaks...but ive been reading that hybrids run faster and some are better. i have a sprint tour 9630...currently running leaked os 5.0.0.419. been reading over at the bbhybrid.. i want to install and run the .484 hybrid. i have downloaded the .484 from blackberry. now the hybrid is in .rar format (i downloaded from bbhybrids). in order to install hybrid...i must first install .484 to my phone? im currently running .419 on it. i already have .484 installed on pc...but everytime i try to install with apploader or dm it doesnt recognize it. also .419 is not installed anymore on my pc...only phone. so what am i doing wrong here? must i first install normal .484 on phone..(base) then reinstall with hybrid over .484? thanx. sorry guys ive looked everywhere...cant seem to get this going..
    The rar file is the same as a zip file, unzip the rar file and do the hybrid install on your PC. Then install to your phone.
    03-03-10 08:11 AM
    i use winRaR for that correct?
    03-03-10 08:14 AM
    There are many types of hybrids, one whos run off .exe files and some that need you to replace certain files in the os itself.
    Typically if you are Dl a hybrid that is mean to run over a certain OS, and it does not have a exe file and the only file you get when you DL is a rar file, this is your java. But it is really dif to answere your question specifically due to the lack of knowledge on loading hybrids on your part. I am happy to help you through this dont worry i just need a little more info from your part.
    NEVER use DM to load leaked or hybrid os systems though.
    PM and we will walk through what you have to do, per what hybrid you are loading.
    03-03-10 08:26 AM
    should i back up and wipe my bb using bbsak first before installing hybrid? or wiping is not necessary?
    03-03-10 08:50 AM
    should i back up and wipe my bb using bbsak first before installing hybrid? or wiping is not necessary?
    I would ALWAYS back up before loading. Wiping is not a neccesary step but I would.. and I do... it just makes sure for a clean install.
    03-03-10 09:00 AM
    jasper0201 thanx for ur help. i have made a new bbm friend. i have loaded my first hybrid. damm! this hybrid is fast
    03-03-10 09:59 AM
    Glad you like it!!! NP
    03-03-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD