I Have An Unlocked Tmobile Bb 8900....using A Att Sim Card And All Was Goin Fine Until I Decided To Upgrade The Os Softawre....

I Get An Error 507....so I Installed The Dm Version That Came With The Phone Version 4.7 And Tried Again, But Everytime It Reaches The
    Loading Application Screen It Says A Fatal Error Occured

Now I Have No Os And My Phone Is Useless Heeeeeeellppppppp!!!!!
    08-09-09 12:32 AM
    What OS did you download? T-Mobile..or ATT?

Did u delete the vendor.xml file?

Have you read Lecture 12: How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry?
    08-09-09 12:48 AM
    Where do u find the vendor.xml file?

i tried both tmobile and att....

also read the file but got this msg

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]

What OS did you download? T-Mobile..or ATT?

Did u delete the vendor.xml file?

Have you read Lecture 12: How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by dayneleelyncook; 08-09-09 at 03:27 PM.
    08-09-09 03:21 PM

08-09-09 03:57 PM
    I Have An Unlocked Tmobile Bb 8900....using A Att Sim Card And All Was Goin Fine Until I Decided To Upgrade The Os Softawre....

I Get An Error 507....so I Installed The Dm Version That Came With The Phone Version 4.7 And Tried Again, But Everytime It Reaches The
    Loading Application Screen It Says A Fatal Error Occured

Now I Have No Os And My Phone Is Useless Heeeeeeellppppppp!!!!!
    Yes I had the same issue after I downloaded the latest updates from the BB connection on my desktop manager.
    The TMO people couldnt help either could BB. BB told me I needed a new SIM card and to call TMO.
    After going thru the whole story again and another hour they said to never download updates thru the BB desktop manager. Only thru TMO website which I couldnt write down fast enough.
    So since Saturday no phone, SMS, or email. I have to drive to an authorrized dealer to get a new SIM card.
    What did I do wrong??? Nothing except waste time talking to BB and TMO.
    I think an I Phone is in my future.
    08-10-09 12:04 PM
    Did you try completely wiping the device and install using apploader, not DM? That usually works for me regardless of what problem I may run into.
    08-11-09 08:52 AM
    i tried everything....i think its impossible to fix
    08-11-09 01:20 PM
    i tried everything....i think its impossible to fix
    If you know anyone with a BB (at work?) that has upgraded their OS, connect with them and go through the process again. Good luck!
    08-28-09 09:08 AM
    Load the oem os and report back

08-29-09 10:57 AM
    I would suggest try using Crackmem, JL_Cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device and start from scratch.
    08-30-09 10:47 PM
    dayneleelyncook,

perhaps you should get that iphone if you feel your blackberry isn't working right. since getting the .190 software installed, it is working just great. i'll never give up my blackberry.
    08-31-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD