I have successfully installed OS v4.5.0.77 on my Verizon Wireless Curve. I see some of the upgrades such as the Google toolbar in the internet explorer. But I am not getting HTML emails, which was my whole reason for the upgrade. Can anyone give me some advice?
    10-21-08 09:25 AM
    I have successfully installed OS v4.5.0.77 on my Verizon Wireless Curve. I see some of the upgrades such as the Google toolbar in the internet explorer. But I am not getting HTML emails, which was my whole reason for the upgrade. Can anyone give me some advice?
    If you're on BIS, you probably have to resend your service books after upgrading (log onto BIS site, then click the "service books" link, and click "send service books"). If on BES, your BES admin has to make a change to enable.

Then go to each e-mail account and change options to enable HTML e-mail.
    10-21-08 10:12 AM
    This morning my HTML email worked on my 8130 VZW Pearl (running 4.5.0.77). I switched out to a curve for 45 min to upgrade my friends phone to 4.5 software (he runs a mac and was unable to do this software upgrade with pocketmac.)

Anyway, i just reactivated the ESN and PIN from the Pearl again. I switched the accounts on by BIS. Resent the Service Books (3 times). AND checked that HTML was enabled on the Options.

Still... no HTML.

(But it worked this morning!) What happened? Help me Obi Wan...
    11-18-08 11:42 AM
    I went into Advanced Options > Service Books. It turns out i had 2 copies of each service book (one old and one new?) I deleted all of my service books from this menu. Resent them from the BIS online and POOF... it worked.

I am impressed with myself. I have learned so much about Blackberry usage in the past year that it is incredible. Crackberry has been invaluable to me. Thanks all.
    11-18-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD