12-27-09 11:47 AM
44 12
tools
    so far an excellent OS 5 beta. all is smooth except few glitches here and there. By the way also most of Official OS have these glitches and memory issues. As long as the phone runs well its no point going and checking on memory unless the phone hangs or boots.
    Its smilar to any PC running various processes and we donot keep checking what it is at the background.
    This build is very good and I think the phone does its own thing to reset memory.
    Also because of its new build and graphics like widget for menus clicked it may be using more memory than the 4.6 build we are used to.

I personally am enjoying this build.
    12-22-09 06:31 AM
    for the 8900 users, any significant differences between .348 and .441 worth doing the upgrade for, or should I just wait for an official release if I'm satisfied with .348? The only glitch I've noticed on .348 is the whitenoise on certain menu's.
    12-22-09 02:48 PM
    one problem i've been having is with the email settings, or email application in general. I had 4 email accounts prior to the upgrade and all were working fine, even after the upgrade. When i woke up this morning 2 of them (bot gmail accounts) arent working. I deleted both email accounts and remade both of them. They seem to be working fine i think, except for the fact that some options are now gone and i can't see the emails that i've sent out; i only see the ones that are in my inbox. Does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this problem of mine. Otherwise the OS is great!!
    12-22-09 08:14 PM
    IM+ 8.3.1 doesn't work for me.
    12-22-09 10:53 PM
    for the 8900 users, any significant differences between .348 and .441 worth doing the upgrade for, or should I just wait for an official release if I'm satisfied with .348? The only glitch I've noticed on .348 is the whitenoise on certain menu's.
    One bug I had with .348 was the screen staying blank for about 4 seconds every time I pulled it out of the holster, which is now gone with upgrade to .411

This version has my thumbs up
    12-23-09 02:01 AM
    Well, here we go. After a week and a half of flawless operation all of a sudden the data services no longer work. Gmail no longer is able to check email, the browsers no longer connect to the internet. I still have phone services and texting, but nothing else requiring a data connection works.

Anyone else have a dead data connection after installing .411 ?
    12-23-09 02:15 AM
    Well, here we go. After a week and a half of flawless operation all of a sudden the data services no longer work. Gmail no longer is able to check email, the browsers no longer connect to the internet. I still have phone services and texting, but nothing else requiring a data connection works.

Anyone else have a dead data connection after installing .411 ?
    You've read about the RIM outage that was reported yesterday?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-messenger-fritz
    12-23-09 03:26 AM
    Updating now, I will post any findings. One thing I have been experiencing with .348 that is most frustrating is i get a new email in my inbox. I highlight and click delete, confirm, and it somehow deletes the message underneath the target message leaving the intended target intact. Anyone else experience this with prior builds?
    12-23-09 11:17 AM
    You've read about the RIM outage that was reported yesterday?
    LOL, thank you very much for this info. I didnt have time to downgrade so I went to bed and when I got up this morning my data services were back up and running just fine. I guess Im a noob where Blackberry is concerned as I dont understand why my data services rely on RIM, when I am paying AT&T for the service. When I had my HTC Titan and Windows Mobile I never once had a outage of services before, so this is confusing why RIM would be involved with my data service. Anyway this is not the thread for such topic so ignore my rant...

Just glad its working again. Funny thing is I deleted the last few apps I installed trying to get it working again, I was thinking maybe a app was not ready for 5.0 and caused the problem, lol. Like I said before, live and learn.

Thank you
    12-23-09 11:40 AM
    Running .411 on my 8900 and loving it! I wasn't gonna "go beta" but I biffed something trying to downgrade during the outage from my last official update (before i knew the prob was the outage, silly bb newbie me) and lost some apps and data so I figured, why not upgrade? The only problem I've had so far was was a black screen with blinking LED after leaving my browser open too long that I haven't been able to replicate.

The threaded messaging is nice, it was the only feature that I actually missed from my old windows mobile phone. Now that my Berry has it, I'm happy as could be! )
    12-24-09 02:38 AM
    Season's Greetings!

just installed .411 on my 8900 after doing a clean wipe using JL_Cmder.

Everything seemed fine- but the SMS/Texts function is buggy. The threaded function has completely gone wrong and i'm receiving texts in a single persons thread (although the texts are from multiple people!).

Wonder if there is a way to disable the threaded function in the OS...and have it the old fashioned way. Whats odd is that its only isolated to a few people...not everyone has the issue.

Had one person suggest disabling encryption on the phone...but mine was already disabled. Will try trouble shoot a little longer...if it doesn't work, going wipe the phone and try re-installing again.

If anyone has resolved this issue on their 8900, please do share!
    12-25-09 02:16 AM
    Thanks, this tip led me in the right direction, but the actual process for me was

C:>Program Files (x86)>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader and running "Loader.exe".

The process did not work through DM as it would only show me the Third Party apps, and there was no apploader.exe for me... DM would try and get me to install 4.6, lol. Now if the browser worked without the fix requirement this build would be near perfect...

One last thing I noticed, during the updating process to put memopad and tasks back on my phone, after it was finished I noticed my theme had been botched. The background image had vanished and I had a solid white desktop which made it nearly impossible to see some of the icons. The fix was to simply go to Themes and re enable Zen, then going back to themes and re enabling my favorite Windows 7 Bold theme.
    ahh, right, it is loader.exe. my mistake on that part.

The wallpaper thing is a known bug, especially in 348. 411 fixed that for a few users.
    12-25-09 10:00 AM
    ahh, right, it is loader.exe. my mistake on that part.

The wallpaper thing is a known bug, especially in 348. 411 fixed that for a few users.
    Well it did not fix it for me. Every time I do anything to update the phone I lose my background images. BUT, when I go to re-enable the theme i get a image for my home screen and one for the other screens. I LOVE having different backgrounds when going from screen to screen. On 4.6 I only had one background image, now I get two, lol... love that
    12-25-09 01:36 PM
    I cannot send pictures as email attachments on my 8900. It shows its trying to send for minutes and then finally turns to a red X. I have resent the service books, battery pull, etc and still no fix. Other attachments like PDF emails seem to be sent fine, but JPG pics taken by the phone do not send as emails.

Any thoughts or fixes?
    12-25-09 03:25 PM
    Clean install on ATT 8900 from 4.6. Slightly larger memory usage about 15mb Battery life better and memory leaks stopped. I did have the SMS/MMS error of all text messages showing up under one person. I just deleted all txt messages and new txt's work fine. Had to perform the browser fix to get it working. I do get random reboots when using the browser along with exception errors related to browser.cod. Everything else works great. Much snappier as others have reported. I'm hoping the browser errors will vanish with the next release.

Happy holidays

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 04:04 PM
    I finally discovered that when in the City on 3G this build was not letting me converse with my contacts and I thought it was just a bad connection. But since I use it primarily while on I-40 and in EDGE territory it was working great. Yesterday I needed my phone but people I called could not understand a thing I said, BUT I could hear them just fine. Today I finally came across others having the same problem and when I set my phone to EDGE (2G) only now my phone conversations work as they should.

Is there a fix for this or is it a known bug with no fix? Other than that everything is still good. I did install a 2nd time using BBSAK and a Wipe first hoping that would fix it, but it did not. Thankfully I really dont see much difference between 2G and 3G here...
    12-25-09 05:17 PM
    I have the same problem on my bold 9000 on 411 I get horrendous calls but only when my memory is running low which is weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 12:46 AM
    near perfection build for bold
    12-27-09 08:48 AM
    Everything worked fine on mine except for a threaded SMS bug. Everything was fine, but whenever I would do a battery pull on my 9000, it would combine all of my threads into one that took 20 tries or so to delete. Any ideas to fix this. I downgraded back to 4.6. And to answer any future questions about my install method, I did it first as an upgrade, then wiped it to no OS and did a clean install. Same problem both times.

TIA
    12-27-09 11:47 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD