So we've do the drill on .411, how things going?
    I've had notice there are some different between 9000 & 8520 (haven't tried yet on 8900). On my friend's Bold, there are no Visual Voice Mail & Audio Postcard Installed, but both are installed on my Gemini. So far that's what I've been noticed and .411 is running smoothly & great in general (on 9000 & 8520). Anyone notice anything different yet? Let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 07:31 PM
    I think it's one of the best Bold releases, if not the best, that I've ever had. Everything works. It looks great, the new 5.0 graphics. Lots of nice new tweaks and options over 4.6 I love it.
    12-13-09 08:07 PM
    not much difference between 348 and the 411, rim maybe u could activate full gps in the next os build if possible, i have a line of multi colours under some upper and lower lines in some options, but a real good build, so any info u wanna share wit us mr rim information gatherer. [email protected]
    12-13-09 08:35 PM
    Hello noob here, for me everything seems to be just fine as far as performance and quality goes. One thing that has me concerned is that notepad is now missing and I use it much of the time for grocery, shopping lists etc, I am also missing tasks I think. Calc, voice notes and video recorder is still present in the applications folder. Other than that .411 is running perfect on my AT&T Bold 9000.

Can notepad be installed as a addon app? I cant find it on my computer as I only have .411 installed.
    Last edited by SkOrPn; 12-13-09 at 09:02 PM.
    12-13-09 08:53 PM
    I am running it on an 8529 with no problems. MemoPad is till there on my phone. Seems to be a solid build. I'm very happy with it.
    12-13-09 09:45 PM
    It's the best 5.0 Bold OS I have tried so far , battery Life is good , memory management is the best I have ever experienced on any OS I've had on my phone , no random reboots. The only downside is the glitch in the camera options which isn't a big deal to me.. I can see this becoming an official build .

12-13-09 09:52 PM
    I am running it on an 8529 with no problems. MemoPad is till there on my phone. Seems to be a solid build. I'm very happy with it.
    This is so funny, I decided not to wait for a response to my memopad problem and just purchase a replacement. So I looked through the app store and found ActionPad, purchased it and installed it. Now when I go to launch it, it says MemoPad is required, haha just my luck...

Yes I agree this OS is quite nice. I been waiting for one good 5.0 OS to finally upgrade to and this seems to be it... Very impressed indeed.
    12-13-09 10:03 PM
    .411 is perfect for me on my bold besides the fact that ubertwitter has to be uninstalled and reinstalled every time i reboot my phone to prevent my media from not working
    12-13-09 10:10 PM
    I've updated a few beta OS5 for the 8900 now. I've noticed the following issues, which may or may not have been introduced in the latest .411 release:

- when settings the audio profiles, the sound does not play when you change the volume, only when you change the tone. This is quite annoying since you have to set the volume, go back into the tone selection and then preview from there.

- While listening to music through normal headphones i.e. no mic, I did not recieve notification of messages or phone call. In the past, the music would stop automatically and the ringtone would pla

anyone else experienced this?
    12-13-09 11:11 PM
    It's the best 5.0 Bold OS I have tried so far , battery Life is good , memory management is the best I have ever experienced on any OS I've had on my phone , no random reboots. The only downside is the glitch in the camera options which isn't a big deal to me.. I can see this becoming an official build .

Hello noob here, for me everything seems to be just fine as far as performance and quality goes. One thing that has me concerned is that notepad is now missing and I use it much of the time for grocery, shopping lists etc, I am also missing tasks I think. Calc, voice notes and video recorder is still present in the applications folder. Other than that .411 is running perfect on my AT&T Bold 9000.

Can notepad be installed as a addon app? I cant find it on my computer as I only have .411 installed.
    Just plug your phone into your comp again, and run apploader.exe, when the step comes where you choose what you want installed (Core Apps, Brickbreaker, DocToGo, etc) Just scroll down until you find memopad, tasks, and all of those. Then click next, and it'll show you what's gonna be installed, then let it install it.
    12-13-09 11:22 PM
    I've updated a few beta OS5 for the 8900 now. I've noticed the following issues, which may or may not have been introduced in the latest .411 release:

- when settings the audio profiles, the sound does not play when you change the volume, only when you change the tone. This is quite annoying since you have to set the volume, go back into the tone selection and then preview from there.

- While listening to music through normal headphones i.e. no mic, I did not recieve notification of messages or phone call. In the past, the music would stop automatically and the ringtone would pla

anyone else experienced this?
    I noticed the profiles thing, but just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be. It is pretty annoying though.
    12-13-09 11:23 PM
    I have problem with BerryPopup. I can't reply message in the popup, and I can't go to Berrypopup setting in Options

12-13-09 11:28 PM
    I have the multi colored line when I'm writing a text. Also my UMA is very finnicky in this build. I'm 10 feet from the router and it will lose service and then come back in 5 min. Yesterday it said UMA but I couldn't get the call or make them.

Last build it UMA was pretty solid... few times I had to do a batt pull to get it going but that was it.

couldn't and still can't respond to sms with berry popup
    12-14-09 01:02 AM
    Here's some different that I've found on media player section. On Bold, the video playback setting have much features of options than Gemini which only have 3 options (headset music eq, audio boost, turn off auto backlighting). Bold have bunch of options.

And also Bold could play some .mp4 format encoding, while Gemini couldn't (I've tried to set the encoding options on Gemini and it's still couldn't play some .mp4)

12-14-09 05:39 AM
    I upgraded to an unofficial leak for the first time yesterday (5.0.0.411).

As I've no doubt seen some minor bugs, I am quite happy to see some of the new changes that RIM will be introducing when the official version will finally be released.

Some of the bugs that I've seen so far are:

when in the blackberry menu in any application, as I scroll up and down, the text is replaced with a white bar over the text that looks like the "white noise" tv screens.

I don't like that there is no general "Media" icon, only the icons for types of media (pix, vids, music, etc). I also have some extra icons for these apps in my "Downloads" folder.

This morning, when I opened my "Messages" folder, there was a chat open with one of my BBM contacts, and the chat was empty. It just appeared there and I couldn't delete it or end chat to make it go away. Had to do a battery pull.

Other than small annoyances though, not bad at all. The threaded SMS/MMS seems to be working well, got my VVM working last night without a hitch, and I liked the small change in BBM with picture preview and sending. BB browser for sure seems a bit faster, and boot up time after a battery pull seems a little bit quicker too.
    12-14-09 10:37 AM
    Fewer issues by far with this build than when I purchased the phone in March...once RIM removes the necessity for a Browser Fix I'd say this OS would be ready for a primetime official stamp..

The only problem I had was with certain themes gobbling up memory (The Sky Theme that's available on Appworld..knocked me down to 11MB). As soon as I removed it ...problem solved.

Other than that with my 13 apps I start after reboot at about 40MB...usually will go to a minimum of around 26MB after 24 hrs. Browser speed quicker by far than any 4.6 build with far better utilization of the memory available.
    12-14-09 10:44 AM
    I just updated to the 8900 .411 firmware a couple days ago and I'm doing fine. I don't have any of the problems you guys listed, I've so far had 1 problem and that was when i was in a text ther was the rainbow line on the top, but it was only once and never happened again. (:

The thing I really don't like about this though is the Media has a weird icon and doesn't look as good as it did in 4.6 /:
    12-14-09 02:51 PM
    Just plug your phone into your comp again, and run apploader.exe, when the step comes where you choose what you want installed (Core Apps, Brickbreaker, DocToGo, etc) Just scroll down until you find memopad, tasks, and all of those. Then click next, and it'll show you what's gonna be installed, then let it install it.
    Thanks, this tip led me in the right direction, but the actual process for me was

C:>Program Files (x86)>Common Files>Research in Motion>AppLoader and running "Loader.exe".

The process did not work through DM as it would only show me the Third Party apps, and there was no apploader.exe for me... DM would try and get me to install 4.6, lol. Now if the browser worked without the fix requirement this build would be near perfect...

One last thing I noticed, during the updating process to put memopad and tasks back on my phone, after it was finished I noticed my theme had been botched. The background image had vanished and I had a solid white desktop which made it nearly impossible to see some of the icons. The fix was to simply go to Themes and re enable Zen, then going back to themes and re enabling my favorite Windows 7 Bold theme.
    12-14-09 03:28 PM
    Rogers users extremely happy to find an os 5 as stable as 238 without the reboots of 314 & 348. No problems except the missing icons after taking a picture. Tried using the camera cod from 348 with no luck. (Yes I know you can use the BlackBerry key).

12-14-09 04:23 PM
    I tried quite a few times to install .411 with a clean wipe and VVM is no where to be found. HELP!!! thanks in advance
    12-21-09 01:58 AM
    I'm not happy with it for 2 reasons.

1. The memory mangement hasn't been good for me. After batt pull I have only 30-33md, and I run few apps. It also drops down to 23-25 fairly quickly. I've run about 20 different betas since I got my Bold, and I've never dropped below 40mb.

2. Quick pull doesn't work. I've tried everything, just can't get it to work.

If it were one of the two it wouldn't matter cause one works off the other, but without the memory management feature through quickpull I'm waking up and having to do a batt pull.

Threaded messaging is soo freaking cool though! And when you add in the faster browser, snappier overall feel, better graphics, and a much better signal, I'm having a hard time downgrading. They've changed the look and layout of so much, compared to my old OS (5.0.100), and I'm really impressed.
    12-21-09 12:25 PM
    1. The memory mangement hasn't been good for me. After batt pull I have only 30-33md, and I run few apps. It also drops down to 23-25 fairly quickly. I've run about 20 different betas since I got my Bold, and I've never dropped below 40mb.
    But you don't need 40MB to run effectively. This build could just be a little bigger than previous ones, but are you really experiencing problems with performance at 23-25MB? I don't see how you could. Worry about performance and whether it completely chews up all your memory, not the arbitrary number at which your device normally operates with each build.

2. Quick pull doesn't work. I've tried everything, just can't get it to work.
    But you can still do Alt+Right Shift+Del or use QuickLaunch to reset the device. I realize it's probably not as convenient as scheduling, just wanted to make sure you knew you didn't have to physically yank the battery.
    12-21-09 12:50 PM
    I dont care if this build is using up more memory, this .411 is running so good on it and that is the bottom line. I waited for a build that everyone was saying was great and I could not be happier with it.
    12-21-09 08:37 PM
    I having reboots on my bold.
    No idea why.
    Sometimes it can last a day or two without a single reboot.
    Now it keep having endless reboot?
    12-21-09 08:46 PM
    The most stable leaked OS so far.It works fine for me. I agree with digitalboy that it looks bigger than the other OS (memory 25-30mbs) but with no problem at all with the performance of the phone
    12-22-09 01:48 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD