hey all im going nuts here im trying to find where to download os 5 . 1030 gonna do a clean wipe phone has been acting up hopefully that helps went to blackberry site couldnt just dl to comp any where i can just dl to comp and have it till i do wipe
    Search google or the forums for 5.0.0.1014 if that's what you're looking for and install it. Remember to delete any vendor.xml files if it's not from your carrier.
    03-03-12 06:05 PM
    these how to guides are wonderful. I very seldom wipe and download just for the fun of it. Normally if I am in need of loading the os or 3rd party apps its because I am experiencing trouble with a bricked or non-communicating BB phone. What I would love to see is a step by step guide this nice dealing with a Non-communicating BB phone ,or as in the case of my 9800 that has the endless boot loop syndrome which makes it totally unable to communicate with, a guide to get it or other BB phone to a point where it can be brought back into a useful state. Anybody know of one or can a guide be done?
    04-03-12 07:18 PM
    If you are trying to use BBSAK with OS 7 or OS 7.1, you need to download the latest version, which is 1.9.2. Previous versions of BBSAK do not recognize OS 7 or OS 7.1.
    04-08-12 12:17 PM
    Does BBSAK still auto delete the vendor file?
    06-13-12 10:11 PM
    Does BBSAK still auto delete the vendor file?
    I haven't used it in so long. It might, or might not. Only way to find out is to try it out. That is how I go about it.
    06-13-12 10:14 PM
    thanx 4 great tut ....
    06-20-12 02:40 AM
    If on windows 7: go to Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and search for Everything Portable, download it, extract it, run it, wait for it to index files, then search within it for vendor.xml, then delete both files. Then run apploader and you should be good to go.

If on windows XP: Search within C:/, within subfolders, hidden and system files, for vendor.xml, then delete both files.
    unbelieveable, but trough everything portable i overcome this problem that i was sitting here almost as dumb, what is going one.))))

thank you
    06-24-12 01:59 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I am facing a small problem which drive my crazy with my 8900 curve.
    This BB was given to me by a friend of mine and is associated to an IT Policy (I suppose). The thing is, no matter what I do, I can't connect the device to BB desktop manager with both Mac OS X and Win XP SP3. When I plug the device, the desktop manager briefly catch something and is able to tell me a 8900 curve WAS connected but then it keep saying that the device is disconnected. I tried the removing battery trick in every possible ways but it doesn't seem to be efficient. I also tried different software (BBSAK, JL_Cmder) but none of its seem to recognize my BB when I plug it.
    So here it is, if somebody have a miracle solution to this problem, It will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
    06-26-12 02:53 AM
    Have you tried a different blackberry to rule out that the usb port isn't damaged? Have you tried a different usb port? What about restarting windows? Have you gone into device manager and deleted all of the usb devices and usb hardware and rebooted?

Try that to rid any phantom ports, or drivers/devices. It might just solve it. I had to do this a few times to get mine working before.

Hi everyone,
    I am facing a small problem which drive my crazy with my 8900 curve.
    This BB was given to me by a friend of mine and is associated to an IT Policy (I suppose). The thing is, no matter what I do, I can't connect the device to BB desktop manager with both Mac OS X and Win XP SP3. When I plug the device, the desktop manager briefly catch something and is able to tell me a 8900 curve WAS connected but then it keep saying that the device is disconnected. I tried the removing battery trick in every possible ways but it doesn't seem to be efficient. I also tried different software (BBSAK, JL_Cmder) but none of its seem to recognize my BB when I plug it.
    So here it is, if somebody have a miracle solution to this problem, It will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
    06-26-12 02:58 AM
    Have you tried a different blackberry to rule out that the usb port isn't damaged? Have you tried a different usb port? What about restarting windows? Have you gone into device manager and deleted all of the usb devices and usb hardware and rebooted?

Try that to rid any phantom ports, or drivers/devices. It might just solve it. I had to do this a few times to get mine working before.
    Ok that works!
    I was able to reload the OS and it seems to work normally. I just have a last problem, I can see some of my applications (like email setup or the map app) in the whole applications list generate in the option, but I can't use them. They don't appear in the application file of the home screen. Is this normal?
    06-27-12 05:25 AM
    Ok that works!
    I was able to reload the OS and it seems to work normally. I just have a last problem, I can see some of my applications (like email setup or the map app) in the whole applications list generate in the option, but I can't use them. They don't appear in the application file of the home screen. Is this normal?
    Try reloading again with a different OS version, either higher or lower. Maybe remove all of the older prior versions and reinstall the latest you have.

Only had this issue with appworld.
    06-27-12 10:11 AM
    I used the resettofactory option in BBSAK and now my 9930 shows just a white screen. what do I do now?
    09-06-12 10:06 AM
    I used the resettofactory option in BBSAK and now my 9930 shows just a white screen. what do I do now?
    Connect it to desktop manager and have it load the device software from your carrier.
    09-06-12 01:49 PM
    tttt..hhhh..aaaa..nnnn..kkkk....ssss.....for nice and helpfull post.......................
    12-30-12 10:58 AM
    I followed the way you told I wiped ma data from blackberry 9700 using BBSAK nd loaded OS 6 So it said next then there was Connection: USB-Pin:21CBF559 then I said next it was connecting to device after that was done it showed The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry device software for the device that you have connected it to the computer contact your wireless service provider or System Administrator.... So wot should I do now???? im stuck up plzzzz plzzzz helllppp!!!!!!!!
    02-07-13 08:09 AM
    I followed the way you told I wiped ma data from blackberry 9700 using BBSAK and loaded OS 6 So it said next then there was Connection: USB-Pin:21CBF559 then I said next it was connecting to device after that was done it showed The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry device software for the device that you have connected it to the computer contact your wireless service provider or System Administrator.... So wot should I do now???? im stuck up plzzzz plzzzz helllppp!!!!!!!!
    You didn't delete the vendor.xml files. I suggest you do that and close BBSAK and desktop manager before you attempt to reload it.
    02-07-13 03:03 PM
    same here http 404 error
    02-19-13 09:10 AM
    don't you know where I can find the BBSAK for Mac... :s
    03-04-13 05:10 PM
    This is exactly the problem I have and can't find a fix for it because it won't connect to desktop manager or BBSAK
    05-15-13 06:34 AM
    hello,
    I wanted to re install the OS on my Bold 9700 and I wiped my OS successfully using BBSAK. However, as i try to load the OS on my phone, the application loader shows an error saying,

"The blackberry desktop software does not have the Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to this computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Please help as this is something totally unexpected and has caught me unaware. please help as to why this is happening and what can i do at the earliest as my device is just lying in the error507 mode
    05-18-13 06:36 PM
    what is this vendor.xml and where to find it ? I am facing the same problem. please help.. Many thanks in advance
    05-18-13 06:42 PM
    hey ,,my blackberry 8520 has been locked..and i forget the psswrd ..and there is last chance remaining to enter the correct code..after this the phone will be permanently locked�so,,i want to ask what should i do to install new os in locked blacberry

please give the procedure to install os in locked phone as soon as possible�pls pls.
    06-18-13 01:07 AM
    this does not work for me. i have insatlled the os but bbsak says tht there is no os installed.. now my phone is useless.. help please
    07-26-13 12:47 PM
    tht does not work for me either
    07-26-13 01:06 PM
    ***Disclaimer: Since I have my own website now, you can find this guide here at How To Wipe blackBerry OS using BBSAK. It is my first website so do support me ya!***

Hi guys. I tried to search for the topic how to use BBSAK to wipe/load OS and I couldn't find it. So I thought of making a simple guide for all you guys out there. Feel free to give your comment as this is my first 'How-To' in crackberry

For those Loader.exe lover, the link on how to use it is at the bottom of the topic

For starters, I never thought of using BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to wipe. I did too many upgrading and downgrading since I love hybrids and I was worried chunks of useless information is stored in my phone.

BBSAK really do a good job in wiping. They wipe everything! Okay, enough of talking. Here is the guide:

Requirements to run BBSAK (click to download):
    1. BBSAK program
    2. Net Framework 2.0 or higher
    3. Desktop Manager

Step-by-step Guide
    1. Always backup your phone. Backup your phone using Desktop Manager.
    2. You can backup your 3rd party apps too if you want but I usually don't. I will do a fresh download of those apps to be on the safe side.
    3. Plug in the cable to your phone and run BBSAK.
    4. You will see a box to enter the password. If you don't have a password, leave it blank and press OK. If you have a password, key in the password and press OK.
    5. You will be able to see your BlackBerry PIN at the PIN box if the phone is connected correctly to BBSAK.
    6. Search for the option to Wipe Device and it will prompt you if you are sure to wipe. If you have not backup your phone (or forgotten to), this is a good time to exit and backup first.
    7. Press Wipe Device and wait until the box appear saying Wipe Complete.
    8. The phone will reboot and you will then proceed to a white screen. It will prompt you Error 507. Do not panic and follow the next step and don't unplug the cable.
    9. If you have the desired OS installed in your computer, select the option for Load OS.
    10. From here, everything is straight forward and just follow the instructions.

Other notes:
    > BBSAK is much simpler as it auto delete the Vendor file for you.

Reminders before backup:
    1. Download and install the latest BBSAK and OS you desired.
    2. Backup the contents of your choice.

Okay, here's another guide of mine about using Loader.exe instead of BBSAK. Enjoy!
    How To Load / Wipe Using Loader.exe

Wait! You semi-bricked or bricked your BlackBerry? Don't worry. Guide is here: How to revive a bricked BlackBerry

Also, 3 things to do immediately when you lost your BlackBerry!

I hope this helps and feel free to give your comment

Have a great day guys!

*Personal opinion: Yes, I know there are people saying Loader.exe or ABC XYZ is better than BBSAK. Frankly, I am not making this topic to say which is better but just to help out those who are looking for a simple guide on how to use BBSAK

**Disclaimer: Please support my website Bloggers Deck as I am working on a free database for all who want to earn money online, become a blogger or simply by earning side income monthly.
    ***Disclaimer: If you like my work, visit my personal blog at The Big Fat Reality for more news on technology and more!
    thank,, its very helpful my bb,, thanks very much
    evaliket likes this.
    10-11-13 08:57 AM
155 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD