Try killing those two and then reconnect your device and start bbsak. You could also try restarting your computer, or just use apploader instead, without the option to backup/restore your data.
    I will try restarting computer and see what happens. I already backed up my data and third party apps. I did try apploader but all it would say is if I wanted to repair or remove from my COMPUTER. I don't normally go that route so I'm not sure if I clicked on the wrong one. I
    12-07-11 01:05 AM
    Make a backup, restart your computer and then hit Ctrl+Alt+Del.. close all the things that related to BBsomthing.. desktop manager and all of that.. then try again.
    12-08-11 05:45 AM
    So if I want to sell my blackberry storm 2, do I just have to do a security wipe by password fail and wipe it clean or do I have to reload the OS? I would think the wipe would take off all the necessary info. Whoever I sell it to could just call and have the phone activated to the number of their choice by Verizon via serial, no???
    01-03-12 10:05 PM
    So if I want to sell my blackberry storm 2, do I just have to do a security wipe by password fail and wipe it clean or do I have to reload the OS? I would think the wipe would take off all the necessary info. Whoever I sell it to could just call and have the phone activated to the number of their choice by Verizon via serial, no???
    If it's a verizon storm, yes, they'll be able to activate it.

If you found it, you'll have to do the right thing and return it to the carrier. It sounds like you found it. If you didn't find it, just perform a security wipe and it should be fine, or reload the OS via loader.exe /nojvm
    01-03-12 10:19 PM
    If it's a verizon storm, yes, they'll be able to activate it.

If you found it, you'll have to do the right thing and return it to the carrier. It sounds like you found it. If you didn't find it, just perform a security wipe and it should be fine, or reload the OS via loader.exe /nojvm
    Haha...no, I did not find it and I am the type of person that would return it or try to find the owner...I always liked the feature of having my name/addy/parents phone # on the home screen in case I lost it. I just took advantage of my last new every 2 discount with Verizon and used it to receive the 4S as a holiday gift I have read a bunch of stuff online about using that BBSAK software and other embedded information on the SD Card that could be linked to my blackberry internet service account, which I don't ever remember setting up. What i'm more concerned about is what user accounts I have linked to my vzw.blackberry.net email account...I have already activated the iPhone. Oh well...there weren't many user accounts linked to that email. I had no problems with the Storm 2, but wanted a change. I highly recommend bestskinsever.com for protective, affordable skins...this baby looks brand spanking new...I'll be selling it with a somewhat damaged, but functional otterbox case, headphones and car charger. Anyone is welcome to PM me and I will link you to the auction once I get it posted on eBay. Thanks for the info Rootbrian.
    01-03-12 10:52 PM
    hi,

i have here the 9800 and when i was updating normal it gave the error net-rim-crypto-error. try to find and came to this topic.
    follow the steps. os was removed and bb gave 507 error.
    than i place the new os back. but it still gave this error.
    also try to install all this cods for crypto. but this was not solving the problem

is there another solution for it

thanks
    01-13-12 01:11 PM
    hi,

i have here the 9800 and when i was updating normal it gave the error net-rim-crypto-error. try to find and came to this topic.
    follow the steps. os was removed and bb gave 507 error.
    than i place the new os back. but it still gave this error.
    also try to install all this cods for crypto. but this was not solving the problem

is there another solution for it

thanks
    Did you by any chance shrink out any COD's, or tried uninstalling and then reinstalling OS 6 again on your computer before loading it up? Did you avoid restoring the entire backup, like only the essentuals like memos, addressbook, tasks/calendar, e-mail and bookmarks? I know there is some who still (including me) shrink out what they don't want even if their device has enough space on it, to remove bloat.
    01-13-12 10:46 PM
    how can i shrink out the cod??

i don't use a back up it is a complete clean install.
    and how can i remove the cod's that i don't want to use.
    01-14-12 02:10 AM
    how can i shrink out the cod??

i don't use a back up it is a complete clean install.
    and how can i remove the cod's that i don't want to use.
    Search the forums for BB Boss 2.2, use Direct Shrink on Phone instead.
    01-14-12 02:12 AM
    i try to use this. can start up the program and select the files that i don't want. save it. open app loader and than it stops. it can not see the phone
    also when i open dm it say that i already have a os installed on my phone and that the rest is downgrading.
    so it looks like that there are still files on the phone. and it is not complete wiped.
    is there something to wipe the phone complete
    01-14-12 03:07 PM
    Hi guys, I am trying to install this new OS and for some reasons it's not detecting the installed OS on my computer ... I tried loading OS with bbsak and it says no OS installed so I tried doing it directly from the apploder and once I reach the part where you are suppose to choose what you want to install on the phone the list is just blank and it's telling me that there isnt an os installed ... someone please help me as I am still on error 507 screen ...
    heres an image http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...llproblem.png/
    Last edited by goshko; 01-17-12 at 10:15 PM.
    01-17-12 10:07 PM
    Hi guys, I am trying to install this new OS and for some reasons it's not detecting the installed OS on my computer ... I tried loading OS with bbsak and it says no OS installed so I tried doing it directly from the apploder and once I reach the part where you are suppose to choose what you want to install on the phone the list is just blank and it's telling me that there isnt an os installed ... someone please help me as I am still on error 507 screen ...
    heres an image ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    If on windows 7: go to www.download.com and search for Everything Portable, download it, extract it, run it, wait for it to index files, then search within it for vendor.xml, then delete both files. Then run apploader and you should be good to go.

If on windows XP: Search within C:/, within subfolders, hidden and system files, for vendor.xml, then delete both files.
    traumtumberg likes this.
    01-18-12 06:57 AM
    try again. but still not possible to remove the error. it is not complete clean. is there a nother solution to solve this. because it sucks
    01-20-12 04:07 PM
    try again. but still not possible to remove the error. it is not complete clean. is there a nother solution to solve this. because it sucks
    Can you explain in more detail?
    01-20-12 04:11 PM
    everytime when i try to update i get the error net-rim-crypto-error.
    try to remove to complete os with bbsak. install again. error is not solved.
    try to use bb boss. but still the same.
    so it looks like that the software is not complete removed from the phone. and the error is coming back. try also to reinstall the software on the computer. but no good.

maybe i forgot something
    01-20-12 04:15 PM
    everytime when i try to update i get the error net-rim-crypto-error.
    try to remove to complete os with bbsak. install again. error is not solved.
    try to use bb boss. but still the same.
    so it looks like that the software is not complete removed from the phone. and the error is coming back. try also to reinstall the software on the computer. but no good.

maybe i forgot something
    Maybe try it with loader.exe /nojvm, but you need to install the device software.
    01-20-12 04:25 PM
    oke i will try to do it like this.
    can it also be the problem that i'm using w7??
    01-20-12 04:32 PM
    Probably, but I wouldn't blame windows. Maybe try it on a winXP machine. Win7, on mine, won't detect my blackberry anymore but winXP will. Quite strange.
    01-20-12 04:53 PM
    Where are you getting your OS? I would redownload the OS you want. Uninstall all other bb OS's from your computer. Reboot and install the OS you just downloaded. Wipe your phone again with bbsak or whatever you choose.

Click on start type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
    01-20-12 05:08 PM
    i get the os directly from the bb website. i will try it that way. i have also a computer with xp on it.
    01-20-12 05:12 PM
    It can't find my os <.<
    but i'm 100% sure i installed it ..
    01-22-12 08:52 AM
    PC? Does it show in add remove programs or programs and features?
    01-22-12 08:56 AM
    used a xp computer that is almost clean. removed the old os with bbsak. after that installed new one. and now the error is lost. complete os is installed on the phone.

thanks for the help
    01-22-12 09:44 AM
    This totally just worked for me! Except I used it to wipe the device, and then used the app loader from Program files instead of from the DM. THANKS! Another phone is coming via Fed Ex i can just have that sent back
    01-27-12 10:42 PM
    hey all im going nuts here im trying to find where to download os 5 . 1030 gonna do a clean wipe phone has been acting up hopefully that helps went to blackberry site couldnt just dl to comp any where i can just dl to comp and have it till i do wipe
    03-03-12 09:07 AM
155 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD