Done using DM
    09-06-11 03:17 PM
    if i wipe device using BBSAK, and then reload OS using DM, will i yield the same results as using BBSAK to load OS?
    09-13-11 04:29 AM
    if i wipe device using BBSAK, and then reload OS using DM, will i yield the same results as using BBSAK to load OS?
    Yes, same result
    LiteBulb likes this.
    09-13-11 03:16 PM
    If i wipe it Using bbsak when its done and on the white screen if i open DM will it decet the phone and how can i load up the os from DM
    10-04-11 07:32 AM
    Trying to update a 9300 from Tmobile. When i go to install the new OS it gives me a message that it must be an active berry. Do i have to have the sim in the phone for this to work.
    10-11-11 12:25 PM
    Trying to update a 9300 from Tmobile. When i go to install the new OS it gives me a message that it must be an active berry. Do i have to have the sim in the phone for this to work.
    Yes, you need to. You also need to search for all traces of the vendor.xml file before loading it up. Search hidden and system files besides everything else. Start in C:\.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 04:39 PM
    so i wiped my 9900 with bbsak. loaded .440 onto my computer. went to load OS with bbsak but it says "no OS found, please install an OS for your phone". i went looking for Vendor.xml and i couldnt find it, even after searching hidden files. i rebooted the computer and still nothing. so until this works i guess i will have a bricked phone. anyone have any ideas for me? please...

edit:
    bbsak wouldn't work for me so i just used the loader. worked perfect. bbsak also failed at restoring my apps : (

This being the first time I have done this I found it fairly easy. I will definitely be doing this in the future with every update that comes along. thanks for the threads about this!!
    Last edited by eKafara; 10-12-11 at 10:00 AM. Reason: adding onto instead of making another post
    10-12-11 08:49 AM
    Hi everybody,

Just bought a brand new 9900. Because I need to use chinese so I wanted to load the .439 from wind.

With BBSAK, I made a wipe, then double clicked on the OS to install it on the computer, when it is done, I try to load the OS and it says to me : " No OS found......" SO I tried to use the loader.exe and at a moment it says to me : "blackberry desktop software dont have any software for this phone..."

I use the last DM that i just dl from rim's website. Does anybody can please help me?

Many thanks,

Fellouss
    10-14-11 04:44 AM
    Hi everybody,

Just bought a brand new 9900. Because I need to use chinese so I wanted to load the .439 from wind.

With BBSAK, I made a wipe, then double clicked on the OS to install it on the computer, when it is done, I try to load the OS and it says to me : " No OS found......" SO I tried to use the loader.exe and at a moment it says to me : "blackberry desktop software dont have any software for this phone..."

I use the last DM that i just dl from rim's website. Does anybody can please help me?

Many thanks,

Fellouss
    Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file.

10-14-11 10:46 AM
    i did erased the vendor file. but it was still the same so i followed this tutorial that i found on CB or an other website and everything went well

1st. Delete ur DM
    2nd Delete ur OS on PC
    3rd Go to program files delete Research In Motion Folder/File n also go to Common File Folder and Delete Research In Motion Folder/File

4th Restart ur Pc
    5th Install ur DM and ur OS
    6th Go Back to Program Files > Common File > RIM > delete Vendor.xml
    7th Install ur OS using Loader

Thanks to the CB community, I will enjoy my 9900 with chinese input
    10-14-11 01:41 PM
    hello,

I am trying to save my bb bold 9900 by wipe it and reload OS, somehow i have been having problem with wiping. BBSAK simply does not detect my bb, but apploader dose, however, it always gets error when reconnecting to jvm.
    any suggestions?
    much appreciated !!
    10-14-11 10:25 PM
    hello,

I am trying to save my bb bold 9900 by wipe it and reload OS, somehow i have been having problem with wiping. BBSAK simply does not detect my bb, but apploader dose, however, it always gets error when reconnecting to jvm.
    any suggestions?
    much appreciated !!
    On your computer, right click the Blackberry Device Manager icon (bottom right of screen) and then click "exit". You should be able to connect with BBSAK or BB Boss. I had same problem
    10-16-11 08:11 AM
    I downloaded the .439 file and installed. BBSAK said there was no OS available so I used loader.exe instead. Does anyone know if this installs the most recent firmware, in this case .439?
    11-07-11 04:30 AM
    I downloaded the .439 file and installed. BBSAK said there was no OS available so I used loader.exe instead. Does anyone know if this installs the most recent firmware, in this case .439?
    If you installed it after downloading it, yes, it will update. If it's not from your carrier, you'll need to search for the vendor.xml file and delete it.

11-07-11 06:26 AM
    If you installed it after downloading it, yes, it will update. If it's not from your carrier, you'll need to search for the vendor.xml file and delete it.

I installed it and it says v7.0.0.439? So I guess it worked? I am a little confused because I do have the web 'n walk (T-Mobile) icon while the firmware I installed was not t-mobile?
    11-07-11 06:31 AM
    I installed it and it says v7.0.0.439? So I guess it worked? I am a little confused because I do have the web 'n walk (T-Mobile) icon while the firmware I installed was not t-mobile?
    That is a service book pushed to your device by t-mobile. Simply hide it and it won't show again, or move it to a "junk" folder and then hide the folder.

BarryBaas likes this.
    11-07-11 06:34 AM
    Ah great! So I should be running a different firmware now? I hope this will fix all my problems!
    11-07-11 06:36 AM
    I am stuck here:

9. If you have the desired OS installed in your computer, select the option for Load OS.

I downloaded the desired OS for my Bold 9900, I double clicked the file and it installed somewhere, but where? When I try to load the OS from BBSAK, it can't find the OS. Can anyone give me more clarity? Thanks.

mokeiko
    12-01-11 06:04 PM
    I am stuck here:

9. If you have the desired OS installed in your computer, select the option for Load OS.

I downloaded the desired OS for my Bold 9900, I double clicked the file and it installed somewhere, but where? When I try to load the OS from BBSAK, it can't find the OS. Can anyone give me more clarity? Thanks.

mokeiko
    BBSAK doesn't support the 9900 apparently, same with OS 7. But the other functions should work. Just go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and launch that instead for the time being, until a later version is released with compatibility for new devices.
    12-01-11 06:16 PM
    BBSAK doesn't support the 9900 apparently, same with OS 7. But the other functions should work. Just go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and launch that instead for the time being, until a later version is released with compatibility for new devices.
    That explains why I thought I was going nuts yesterday trying to figure this out.

Thanks Rootbrian

mokeiko
    12-01-11 06:29 PM
    unrelated - "more rappers are choosing blackberry smartphones"
    12-01-11 09:05 PM
    I loaded the latest official OS for 9800 from Vodafone New Zealand and I have a few bugs with it. I was trying to wipe my phone and reload the OS (didn't do a full wipe the first time) but when I use BBSAK to wipe my phone, it gives me the "wipe complete" box within a couple seconds and my phone has all my data still in it. What am I doing wrong?
    12-07-11 12:44 AM
    I loaded the latest official OS for 9800 from Vodafone New Zealand and I have a few bugs with it. I was trying to wipe my phone and reload the OS (didn't do a full wipe the first time) but when I use BBSAK to wipe my phone, it gives me the "wipe complete" box within a couple seconds and my phone has all my data still in it. What am I doing wrong?
    Make sure you kill any processes and that desktop manager is closed before doing so. Open task manager (access from right-clicking the Start menu), kill the bbdevicemanager and anything that started with desktop manager. Or any processes that have rim, bb in them. Then try again, but leave your blackberry connected.
    12-07-11 12:48 AM
    Make sure you kill any processes and that desktop manager is closed before doing so. Open task manager (access from right-clicking the Start menu), kill the bbdevicemanager and anything that started with desktop manager. Or any processes that have rim, bb in them. Then try again, but leave your blackberry connected.
    I don't see anything to do with desktop manager in my processes. The only one is Rim.DesktopHelper.exe *32 and Rim.Transcoder.exe *32. I'm running vista 64 bit.
    12-07-11 12:56 AM
    I don't see anything to do with desktop manager in my processes. The only one is Rim.DesktopHelper.exe *32 and Rim.Transcoder.exe *32. I'm running vista 64 bit.
    Try killing those two and then reconnect your device and start bbsak. You could also try restarting your computer, or just use apploader instead, without the option to backup/restore your data.
    12-07-11 12:58 AM
155 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD