I've debated this before, and will say it again, installing via app loader accomplishes the same thing without the exta steps of BBSAK. You don't have to restore your apps or data and you end up in the same place...a clean install of the OS without any leftovers from the previous install.

Browsing to Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader isn't that difficult. You delete the vendor.xml file and double click on loader.exe.
    achtually i have to disagree with you...

just a few hours ago i tried to wipe my 9800 and i could not get rid of e-offices mobile data alerter...

BSAK wipe to 507 was the only way left, and now it is finally gone...
    all other options including security wipe, loader-wipe and BSAK factory reset could not delete some files of mobile data alerter...

so there is somewhere a difference, but i agree that in most cases the loader.exe is sufficient...

Qiaha
    01-22-11 12:45 PM
    Tis a good thing it's locked here (damn easy to find )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 07:45 PM
    BBSAK is d best software ever made for BB!
    and i love it bcoz it is TOTALY FREE!
    01-26-11 02:43 AM
    I have a question. I tried to get BDHP 6 and pretty much raped my black berry through the charger slot. (exaggeration) So I try going back to the Official OS 5 but that didn't work because it says something along the lines of "Cannot do install because software-Something something." So should I use this to wipe the OS and get get the OS 5 or should I do something else?
    01-29-11 04:29 AM
    I used BBSAK to wipe my phone last time I installed an OS and I think I bricked the phone. It went into a reset cycle, red light, momentary white screen, off and back to red light, over and over. I couldn't get BBSAK to recognize the phone was still pluggerd in. Is this common? Did I not wait long enough? Finally used Loader and battery-pull method to 'capture' phone and force an install, took 4 tries. What did I do wrong?

01-29-11 08:34 AM
    please see if you can tell what to do. I got a white screen error message (102 I think), wiped the phone with BBSAK, downloaded 4.5 OS to my hard drive. Deleted vendor.xml file. Can't reload with BBSAK or loader.exe method. DM can't connect to phone. When I tried either method, App loader scans the phone and then says that there's no OS available on Desktop Mgr. and I'm stymied.... suggestions? thanks
    01-31-11 12:25 AM
    please see if you can tell what to do. I got a white screen error message (102 I think), wiped the phone with BBSAK, downloaded 4.5 OS to my hard drive. Deleted vendor.xml file. Can't reload with BBSAK or loader.exe method. DM can't connect to phone. When I tried either method, App loader scans the phone and then says that there's no OS available on Desktop Mgr. and I'm stymied.... suggestions? thanks
    First, make sure you have the right OS installed.
    Second, once you installed the OS, close the DM.
    Run either apploader or BBSAK and select the right OS of your choice.
    If you don't close your DM, it won't work. Don't install using DM also.
    Lastly, if still can't connect to your hpone, restart the computer.

Hope this helps!

02-01-11 12:14 AM
    I have a question. I tried to get BDHP 6 and pretty much raped my black berry through the charger slot. (exaggeration) So I try going back to the Official OS 5 but that didn't work because it says something along the lines of "Cannot do install because software-Something something." So should I use this to wipe the OS and get get the OS 5 or should I do something else?
    Yes you can use this to wipe the phone and downgrade. There is no problem at all.

Have you tried to reinstall the whole program to ensure that everything is fine? Sometime installation on pc has problem so it got some sort of error. Some kinda

02-01-11 12:17 AM
    I used BBSAK to wipe my phone last time I installed an OS and I think I bricked the phone. It went into a reset cycle, red light, momentary white screen, off and back to red light, over and over. I couldn't get BBSAK to recognize the phone was still pluggerd in. Is this common? Did I not wait long enough? Finally used Loader and battery-pull method to 'capture' phone and force an install, took 4 tries. What did I do wrong?

Well I did experienced thus last month. I know I dideverything correctly. Ended up my phone can't be recognize, white screen everything.

Search the forum for the revive BB when the battery is dead. I follow that method and it works well and I got my BB booted up..

02-01-11 12:19 AM
    i just want to ask help because I accidentally wipe everything of my phone, can i retrieve the files, contacts and messages? i wasnt able to back up my latest files. pls help. thanks
    02-06-11 07:26 PM
    i just want to ask help because I accidentally wipe everything of my phone, can i retrieve the files, contacts and messages? i wasnt able to back up my latest files. pls help. thanks
    Hi there. If you have not do any backup, then all data will be lost. If you have some backup maybe last week or anytime then at least, you are able to backup those saved files.

Hope this clears up a little.

02-06-11 11:12 PM
    can you wipe and install a older os with out uninstalling the newer os? i dont believe apploader can do this. please clarify if it can cause i haven't been able to do it.
    02-20-11 10:45 PM
    can you wipe and install a older os with out uninstalling the newer os? i dont believe apploader can do this. please clarify if it can cause i haven't been able to do it.
    Hi there. It depends on how you see it. This is what I can think about.

Install the os you want in your pc and then use BBSAK to wipe. You will see white screen and then choose Load OS.

With loader I believe you need to have only one os in the pc in order for it to go right. Also, downgrading, for me I would prefer a full wipe first

Hope this clears a little

02-21-11 01:38 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    04-03-11 09:19 PM
    Everything Went Smoothly. Thanks
    04-06-11 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    Everything Went Smoothly. Thanks
    Glad everything went on well for you guys

Enjoy yourself!
    04-06-11 08:07 PM
    I unlocked my blackberry but it wont work, im being told to wipe my blackberry to factory default. how do i do this? or any suggestions on how to get it working for my carrier? ( blackberry storm2 9550 Verizon) ( switching to tmoible)
    04-07-11 11:18 PM
    What I can say is use BBSAK to wipe is just fine. You can also use Loader.exe but I am a big fan of BBSAK.

Wipe BBSAK and you wills ee the white screen error. That means the phone is completely wipe. Also, do backup before anything.

04-08-11 11:54 PM
    Great thread....I hope someone can help me...I've searched and haven't found and anwswer

I'm having trouble getting BBSAK to connect to my device. I keep getting the message "no device detected, press ok to continue". I can see my Torch as a USB drive and DM will recognize that it is connected, but I can't get BBSAK to recognize it.

Any suggestions?
    04-14-11 02:00 PM
    Wow....found the solution! Took some digging through CB....many searches.

BBSAK has a problem when there is a password on the phone. I turned off the password, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for all of you help
    04-14-11 03:20 PM
    Wow....found the solution! Took some digging through CB....many searches.

BBSAK has a problem when there is a password on the phone. I turned off the password, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for all of you help
    You could try key in the password at the first BBSAK pop out. Then click reconnect and that should help. But sometime BBSAK just need a few tries

Glad that it worked!

04-14-11 11:24 PM
    I did try the password on the password screen many times without success.

Disabling the password worked perfectly and afterwards, BBSAK worked like a charm. My Torch is performing much better now after a wipe and OS reinstall.
    04-15-11 07:37 AM
    Glad it worked out for you

Yeah got to admit BBSAk has some 'bugs'

Anyway, enjoy your new Torch!
    04-15-11 10:39 AM
    I have a problem with my Curve 8520. I did all the steps (download & install right soft,backup,wipe,etc). But when i click "Load OS" it says "No OS found, install a OS for your phone."

I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work :S
    What can i do here?
    04-19-11 10:21 PM
    I have a problem with my Curve 8520. I did all the steps (download & install right soft,backup,wipe,etc). But when i click "Load OS" it says "No OS found, install a OS for your phone."

I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work :S
    What can i do here?
    Delete the vendor.xml file. You didn't do that, be sure to do so.

04-19-11 10:24 PM
155 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD