***Disclaimer: Since I have my own website now, you can find this guide here at How To Wipe blackBerry OS using BBSAK. It is my first website so do support me ya!***

Hi guys. I tried to search for the topic how to use BBSAK to wipe/load OS and I couldn't find it. So I thought of making a simple guide for all you guys out there. Feel free to give your comment as this is my first 'How-To' in crackberry

For those Loader.exe lover, the link on how to use it is at the bottom of the topic

For starters, I never thought of using BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to wipe. I did too many upgrading and downgrading since I love hybrids and I was worried chunks of useless information is stored in my phone.

BBSAK really do a good job in wiping. They wipe everything! Okay, enough of talking. Here is the guide:

Requirements to run BBSAK (click to download):
    1. BBSAK program
    2. Net Framework 2.0 or higher
    3. Desktop Manager

Step-by-step Guide
    1. Always backup your phone. Backup your phone using Desktop Manager.
    2. You can backup your 3rd party apps too if you want but I usually don't. I will do a fresh download of those apps to be on the safe side.
    3. Plug in the cable to your phone and run BBSAK.
    4. You will see a box to enter the password. If you don't have a password, leave it blank and press OK. If you have a password, key in the password and press OK.
    5. You will be able to see your BlackBerry PIN at the PIN box if the phone is connected correctly to BBSAK.
    6. Search for the option to Wipe Device and it will prompt you if you are sure to wipe. If you have not backup your phone (or forgotten to), this is a good time to exit and backup first.
    7. Press Wipe Device and wait until the box appear saying Wipe Complete.
    8. The phone will reboot and you will then proceed to a white screen. It will prompt you Error 507. Do not panic and follow the next step and don't unplug the cable.
    9. If you have the desired OS installed in your computer, select the option for Load OS.
    10. From here, everything is straight forward and just follow the instructions.

Other notes:
    > BBSAK is much simpler as it auto delete the Vendor file for you.

Reminders before backup:
    1. Download and install the latest BBSAK and OS you desired.
    2. Backup the contents of your choice.

Okay, here's another guide of mine about using Loader.exe instead of BBSAK. Enjoy!
    How To Load / Wipe Using Loader.exe

Wait! You semi-bricked or bricked your BlackBerry? Don't worry. Guide is here: How to revive a bricked BlackBerry

Also, 3 things to do immediately when you lost your BlackBerry!

I hope this helps and feel free to give your comment

Have a great day guys!

*Personal opinion: Yes, I know there are people saying Loader.exe or ABC XYZ is better than BBSAK. Frankly, I am not making this topic to say which is better but just to help out those who are looking for a simple guide on how to use BBSAK

**Disclaimer: Please support my website Bloggers Deck as I am working on a free database for all who want to earn money online, become a blogger or simply by earning side income monthly.
    ***Disclaimer: If you like my work, visit my personal blog at The Big Fat Reality for more news on technology and more!
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 04-27-12 at 09:56 AM.
    12-27-10 09:04 AM
    nice post. proper.
    01-07-11 07:25 AM
    Nice instructions. this fits in nicely with these instructions as well.

You might ask the Mods to move this to the "How-to & FAQ" forum.
    01-07-11 07:37 AM

middbrew, idk if i'm having a prob on my end, but when i click the link you posted i get an "http 404 error link not found"
    is it just me? lol
    nice job reginald!
    01-07-11 07:45 AM
    I've debated this before, and will say it again, installing via app loader accomplishes the same thing without the exta steps of BBSAK. You don't have to restore your apps or data and you end up in the same place...a clean install of the OS without any leftovers from the previous install.

Browsing to Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader isn't that difficult. You delete the vendor.xml file and double click on loader.exe.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-07-11 at 07:53 AM.
    dlsparks_9700 and mssca like this.
    01-07-11 07:50 AM
    BBSAK is a great app (I use it all the time) and your guide is nice for noobs.
    Thanks!
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-07-11 10:52 AM
    middbrew, idk if i'm having a prob on my end, but when i click the link you posted i get an "http 404 error link not found"
    is it just me? lol
    nice job reginald!
    Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...s-pics-548313/
    01-07-11 11:01 AM
    this one works thank you middbrew! - I always like reading up on this stuff but for some reason that other link wouldn't work for me. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 01:33 PM
    -adds bookmark- thank you kindly for this post.

01-07-11 02:01 PM
    Thanks!
    that's the key word!!!
    01-07-11 02:07 PM
    nice post. proper.
    Thank you

hey! Thanks you for your comment Already pm-ed them but I hope it will get pinned up in the future. No harm done but just hope it could help others.

is it just me? lol
    nice job reginald!
    Thanks!

I've debated this before, and will say it again, installing via app loader accomplishes the same thing without the exta steps of BBSAK. You don't have to restore your apps or data and you end up in the same place...a clean install of the OS without any leftovers from the previous install.

Browsing to Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader isn't that difficult. You delete the vendor.xml file and double click on loader.exe.
    Actually I agree with you. I used to use the Loader.exe (and even now too). However, just giving others alternative on which way they want to use. Hehe

Thanks!
    You are welcome. In fact, now I am very 'tied' with BBSAK. I used to worry like "omg what will it do to my phone or will it nuke my phone etc etc". Now, I have more confidence using it...any time of the day.

-adds bookmark- thank you kindly for this post.

OMG a bookmark? Thank you so much!

that's the key word!!!
    I can't agree more...
    01-07-11 07:34 PM
    my bb is restarting , so what version i already install? 424 ?
    01-08-11 11:36 AM
    is succesful but is in 380 version not 424 or hybird, how to get the 424 if i want to try it?
    01-08-11 11:42 AM
    Hi there. Glad it worked for you

Okay. Give me 5 minute. Will update the link here. Check back after 5 minute.

Edit:

.424 Link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-572633/

Hybrid (two of the best I personally feel). I am using number 1 thought.
    1. http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-572688/

2. http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bt...-424-a-573518/

There you go.
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 01-08-11 at 11:54 AM.
    01-08-11 11:48 AM

Yes sir, well said!

01-09-11 08:22 AM
    This thread rocks

01-09-11 03:31 PM
    01-09-11 03:37 PM
    This thread rocks

Aww RootBrian Thankiu....

BBSAK rocks
    Yes, seriously got to agree that BBSAK rocks.
    01-10-11 02:33 PM
    Thank you very much!
    01-20-11 12:28 AM
    You are welcome. Hope this works out for you in some way!

01-21-11 02:32 AM
    Not to throw water on this fire for BBSAK but some, myself included, have been having issues with post-restore deletion of all apps restored by BBSAK:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...pdates-577685/

I do agree that it's a great tool and good to have in your arsenal of goodies.
    01-21-11 07:02 AM
    Not to throw water on this fire for BBSAK but some, myself included, have been having issues with post-restore deletion of all apps restored by BBSAK:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...pdates-577685/

I do agree that it's a great tool and good to have in your arsenal of goodies.
    You are having these problems because you restore all your apps as one file with bbsak. I once restored all in one app and it makes updating and uninstalling a single app impossible. At least that is what I found.
    If you choose to restore the cods individually, then they will update with no problem. I also believe the answer in the thread you linked.
    I love BBBSAK!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-21-11 at 08:36 AM.
    01-21-11 08:34 AM
    You are having these problems because you restore all your apps as one file with bbsak. I once restored all in one app and it makes updating and uninstalling a single app impossible. At least that is what I found.
    If you choose to restore the cods individually, then they will update with no problem. I also believe the answer in the thread you linked.
    I love BBBSAK!
    Yeah, that's what I've learned. Now I'm wondering why the .alx is even created by BBSAK if it has known problems like this. Restoring the individual .cods is no big deal for the programs that name themselves nicely. There are a few with names that don't seem to go with anything so I left them behind.
    01-21-11 08:42 AM
    Moved to Tip, How To, FAQ Forum
    reginald_1986 likes this.
    01-21-11 09:04 AM
    Moved to Tip, How To, FAQ Forum
    OMG! pkcable Thank you so much!
    01-21-11 01:53 PM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD