09-15-14 07:02 AM
656 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Yes, I did my wipe on win7 32bit. Just follow the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi

How did you get installed on your PC/laptop? I have been unable so far to get it installed. I'm on win7 64 bit.

thanks
    06-14-10 04:58 AM
    hmm that might be the problem... i got it running on win 7 32-bit.
    you should try to download the version that does NOT need to be installed. right-click on the .exe file, go to properties and select the file to be run into windows xp sp3 or something. try to play with windows compatibility mode. good luck.
    06-14-10 04:53 PM
    okay i used this program numerious of times to wipe my blackberry curve 8310 it works fine than i got to apploader.exe to load 4.5OS everything runs smoothly but when it says your device updated successfully i look on my blackberry screen and it says JVM Error 535. I wipe my device again and i still go back to square one. Do you know what is wrong?
    07-05-10 12:39 PM
    Sorry guys I dont have time to read this entire post, to determine if this has already been answered.

I have a jvm error 102

i used bbsak to wipe

I installed most up to date os .713 from verizon to my laptop.

On the bb i get the error msg 507

but when I go to install os to phone, the screen goes blank, and a get a flashing sequence of the red led 1 pause 4 blinks.

And the dm stalls at "load jvm and system software"

I have tried jl cmdr and it will not run properly on win7 (it actually wont even start)

I was told bbsak accomplished same thing, and as far as I can tell it did cause i get error msg 507 like stated.

Is there something else that needs to be done, or just bring this thing back to vz?

I am under 30 days will I get a new one?
    07-08-10 12:22 PM
    Trying this BB mcp program,,,, How in the world do you use it? I dont see anywhere a button that says "go"

:edit for missing word
    Last edited by Feeeeg; 07-08-10 at 01:13 PM.
    07-08-10 01:04 PM
    Hey all, I thiink im in some deep ****...

I've done this process once before and it has worked fine. So I have an 8330 and I wiped it with JL Cmder and got the 507 error. But then when I open up apploader it keeps giving me this error saying "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider bla bla.." I know that I have the OS downloaded so I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks
    07-21-10 09:57 PM
    i did the wipe in my bold 9000, it seems like it's wiped but no "error 507" is displayed in the screen of my phone. i got the white screen only, please somebody tell me whats wrong! i had waited for hours and nothing happen.
    07-24-10 01:46 PM
    i did the wipe in my bold 9000, it seems like it's wiped but no "error 507" is displayed in the screen of my phone. i got the white screen only, please somebody tell me whats wrong! i had waited for hours and nothing happen.
    When you run it you should see two PC screen icons on your BB screen, with arrows back and forth between them. Then the phone should reboot, run the load bar for a minute max, and pop up with the 507. Try again, and if you see the PC screens, give it a few minutes, then pull the battery if it doesn't reboot itself.
    07-24-10 02:26 PM
    Hi

8900 Javelin Curve

2 days ago I was looking for BBM on my phone and it just disappeared. So I went on Blackberry Apps and downloaded what i think was the new BBM.
    Phone battery died and when I got home to charge it this error came up : App Error 523 with reset (like was previously stated)

It would keep reseting all night if i leave it.
    Anyways this morning Ive been trying your method. But as since the phone keeps reseting on its own I am never able to connect. It will only recognise my phone for like 30seconds (if that)

What can i do to resolve this. I dont care if i loose all my info.. I just want this phone to start back working!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
    08-16-10 10:24 AM
    Hi

I have a Blackberry Curve Javelin 8900

It gets the error 523 and would keep reseting if i left it.
    When I follow your steps. it just keeps reseting.. so there for the computer would not recognise the BB..
    what can i do?
    08-16-10 10:47 AM
    HOW TO: Manual Connect and wipe your BB using Command Prompt

I took a look at the programming of the JL_Cmder.cmd
    I wanted to know what commands are used during the process so I can perform them manually.

For those who want to wipe there device follow this instructions. I give full credit to Crucial since this is nothing new, I just simplified it so it hopefully ALWAYS works to wipe your device.

If you follow crucial's guide I guess everything works fine until Step 11.
    Here for most of us nothing happens when we enter blackberry and push enter.
    Im not sure why the program does not connect at once, but this is how to fix it:
    -----
    STEPS TO DO:
    1) open command prompt (in vindows vista just click the start button in the lower left corner and enter cmd in the search field, you will see the command prompt on the top of the start menue, select it!)

2) navigate to the JL_Cmder folder
    - to change to a folder below; always type cd..
    - generally to change to a folder; type cd foldername

EXAMPLE:
    I opened command prompt. What I saw was:
    C:\Users\Vlad>
    typed cd.. (pressed enter)
    C:\Users>
    typed cd.. (pressed enter) again
    now Im in
    C:\>
    typed cd program files (pressed enter)
    C:\Program Files>
    typed cd jl_cmder (pressed enter)
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>

here is the key step
    type javaloader.exe -u -wYOUR PIN TO UNLOCK YOUR SIM wipe

here are two examples:
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader.exe -u -w123456 wipe
    when you start your device you usually have a pin to unlock your sim. 123456 in the line above is THIS particular pin. Not your device pin, but the pin you use to unlock your sim card.

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader.exe -u -w wipe
    Some people have disabled the function to enter a pin when they start up there phone. In this case you dont need anything behind -w

3) After you press enter it will say: Connected on the command prompt screen. Dont do anything now. Your device is being wiped now. You wont see any screenshots that confirm that the job is done, just wait until the command prompt says: Disconnected (takes 1 minute or so)

Here is how my command prompt looked like after the job was done:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Users\Vlad>cd..
    C:\Users>cd..
    C:\>cd program files
    C:\Program Files>cd jl_cmder
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader.exe -u -w123456 wipe
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2008 Research In Motion Limited
    Connected
    Disconnected
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>

(changed the number ofc :P my pin is not 123456)

4) Check you Blackberry, press any button to light up the screen. You should see the 507 error now which is good. It means there is no software on your Blackberry and you can now go on with Step 13 in Crucial's guide, and install your new OS.

This manual method should always connect your Blackberry. I tried this with my Storm 9500 several times, and it worked at once every single time. (In contrast to that I tried to used the JL_Cmder.cmd, wipe, enter blackberry, press enter approximately 50 times -.- and it did not even work once)
    I hope this helps. If you got any questions, just ask

EDIT:
    Just saw that a lot of people have problems with RUN AS ADMIN etc.
    I recommend that you just ensure that the JL_Cmder folder exists on your harddrive and the files are in there. Then open command prompt and use my instructions to connect and wipe your device.
    every.single time i type in 'cd'
    it redirects me to the same directory... so all i see is this.

<C:\Users\Amanda>cd
    C:\Users\Amanda

<C:\Users\Amanda>

and i also can't get JL_Cmder to work no matter how many times i load it using "Run As Administrator"

SO FRUSTRATING
    08-16-10 04:14 PM
    am so happy with your help to load the OS into my BB 7100 which shows DEVICE ERROR 400, RESET and appears every time i reboot it and stop there.
    i used your procedure of typing LOADER.EXE in command prompt and add the software by changing at the type of file which needs only *.alx/*.ali to accept all files. But i've many files, ending up with:

see attached file: how it shows.pdf.

Can you please help me to get the right software.
    my BB is BlackBerry 7100.
    I can't use it, am getting much trouble.
    Thanks for your consideration.
    Last edited by mikeguy; 08-16-10 at 05:23 PM.
    08-16-10 04:45 PM
    Hello @ Princess MPA
    am getting device error 400: RESET in my BB 7100 and i can't see connected word, what i see

Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: <0x80040001>
    Error: unable to open port

what can i do please to get out of this trouble?
    08-16-10 05:05 PM
    Hello @ Princess MPA
    am getting device error 400: RESET in my BB 7100 and i can't see connected word, what i see

sorry no idea
    08-16-10 05:11 PM
    Hello @ Princess MPA

Make sure you're using a good BlackBerry USB cable, use a rear USB port on the PC, and check in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Settings->USB Hubs, and don't have any of them checked to power saving.
    08-16-10 06:20 PM
    I've been trying to wipe my friends blackberry for 2 weeks (pw lockout)... tried for hours and hours..
    and then this took me all of 10 minutes.

BRAVO!!
    08-23-10 04:26 PM
    you guys know wear i can find one?
    09-03-10 11:20 AM
    very helpful. Thank for share
    09-03-10 12:17 PM
    you guys know wear i can find one?
    Beyond a Windows simulator, I haven't a clue. You'd need one to install an OS afterward too.
    09-03-10 12:39 PM
    what about for windows 7 JL_cmder
    09-08-10 01:02 PM
    what about for windows 7 JL_cmder
    I'm still old school on XP Pro, but I'd imagine either running it with admin rights, or through DOS.
    09-08-10 01:26 PM
    Just stumbled upon this thread, 30,000 downloads later of my choice.exe file.
    09-11-10 12:54 AM
    help please! when i try to use the program above that is to wipe out my backberry, once i type blackberry and push enter, it brings me back to the menu where it asks what would you like the javascript to do!
    pleasee help!
    09-24-10 06:16 PM
    please help!
    when trying to wipe my blackberry, i can get to where you need to type in blackberry and then when i type it in and push enter it brings me back to the menu page where it asks what you what javascript to do..
    please heellp!
    09-24-10 06:17 PM
    help please! when i try to use the program above that is to wipe out my backberry, once i type blackberry and push enter, it brings me back to the menu where it asks what would you like the javascript to do!
    pleasee help!
    That's a new one on me. I'm curious what OS you are running on your PC. My only suggestions would be to right click the program, and try giving it admin rights, or run it from DOS.
    09-24-10 06:26 PM
656 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD