Hi,
    I have a BB 8520 with a white screen and i want to wipe it, I can connect to the apploader but not to JL_cmder. When i connect to apploader everything works until the reboot and then I lose connection with the phone. Any advice or fixes for this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    05-25-12 07:09 AM
    Hi,
    I have a BB 8520 with a white screen and i want to wipe it, I can connect to the apploader but not to JL_cmder. When i connect to apploader everything works until the reboot and then I lose connection with the phone. Any advice or fixes for this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    It's supposed to reboot after it wipes, but if it works correctly you'd have 507 in the center of the white screen when done. Have you tried updating the OS via loader.exe yet?
    05-25-12 07:18 AM
    It's supposed to reboot after it wipes, but if it works correctly you'd have 507 in the center of the white screen when done. Have you tried updating the OS via loader.exe yet?

Thanks for your reply, i don't think i have explained myself very well.
    To wipe the phone i need to connect to JL_cmder but I can't.
    however I can connect to the apploader to change the OS but it does not complete the job. When the phone get to the point of rebooting it, thw white screen comes on and it fails to reconnect to the PC.
    Is it possible for JL_cmder to hijack the connection when apploader is using it so it can wipe the phone, its the only way i can describe it!!
    Last edited by robbo41; 05-25-12 at 08:35 AM. Reason: changing text
    05-25-12 08:29 AM
    Please i'm new here....i am running a 64-bit OS....and the file i downloaded is not compatible with the OS....where can i get the 64bit version...or the MY version
    06-06-12 04:30 PM
    Please i'm new here....i am running a 64-bit OS....and the file i downloaded is not compatible with the OS....where can i get the 64bit version...or the MY version
    From the first post:

EDIT: How to use JL_Cmder with Vistax64:

Download and install this version HERE
    1. Download JL_Cmder from HERE NON-INSTALLER
    2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace CHOICE.COM with the my version of the file.
    5. Rename my version extension to CHOICE.COM (thanks minigts for the catch!)
    6. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    7. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    8. Click OK
    9. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    10. Continue as stated in the directions above.

The link with all required download files. See the bottom

Good luck
    06-06-12 04:40 PM
    thanks a lot for that....i've seen that already but i'm not finding where to download the MY version file.....can you pls help with the link to that file?
    06-09-12 02:47 PM
    thanks a lot for that....i've seen that already but i'm not finding where to download the MY version file.....can you pls help with the link to that file?
    Not sure where it disappeared to either

See attached

Edit - Dang it, here it is
    06-10-12 03:11 PM
    So here is my problem...I was given this phone to fix with an error 545. Here is what I have tried:
    BB DM restore - won't connect when it's trying to reconnect to JVM. I have tried on a Mac and a PC (windows 7), neither have worked, both stop in the same spot
    JL_Cmder - just flashes the red screen for a second and then goes back to the home screen. Originally didn't do this, but I downloaded the new CHOICE file and changed it, which at least got the red screen to flash momentarily.
    CrackUtil - After I click OK to bypass the password screen it just dings and says FILE ACCESS DENIED
    I have completely exhausted the internet search bar, so I'm just hoping someone else has any ideas.
    06-28-12 01:19 PM
    thaaank you very very very much thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
    07-14-12 04:36 PM
    So I finally got this error. The problem is I dont think I have a back up of my device on my computer and when I connect my phone using the USB cable the BB desktop manager can not connect to the device. Its shows that my default is in Document\blackberry\backup, but there is not a file in there. Is there anything I can do to back my phone up or am I SOL???

PS - Ive seen this jl_cmder file where you can just fix the appropriate file with the event log, but I havent had any luck getting past the event log step because all I get is a message saying

"JAVALOADER is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and the event log is blank. Im running Vista 64 bit and that file is getting saved under program files (x86). Any help would be just awesome. Thanks.
    08-12-12 07:41 PM
    So here is my problem...I was given this phone to fix with an error 545. Here is what I have tried:
    BB DM restore - won't connect when it's trying to reconnect to JVM. I have tried on a Mac and a PC (windows 7), neither have worked, both stop in the same spot
    JL_Cmder - just flashes the red screen for a second and then goes back to the home screen. Originally didn't do this, but I downloaded the new CHOICE file and changed it, which at least got the red screen to flash momentarily.
    CrackUtil - After I click OK to bypass the password screen it just dings and says FILE ACCESS DENIED
    I have completely exhausted the internet search bar, so I'm just hoping someone else has any ideas.
    File access is denied due to the phone having a set password on it.

So I finally got this error. The problem is I dont think I have a back up of my device on my computer and when I connect my phone using the USB cable the BB desktop manager can not connect to the device. Its shows that my default is in Document\blackberry\backup, but there is not a file in there. Is there anything I can do to back my phone up or am I SOL???

PS - Ive seen this jl_cmder file where you can just fix the appropriate file with the event log, but I havent had any luck getting past the event log step because all I get is a message saying

"JAVALOADER is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and the event log is blank. Im running Vista 64 bit and that file is getting saved under program files (x86). Any help would be just awesome. Thanks.
    If I knew what error, I might be able to help you better.
    08-12-12 07:51 PM
    File access is denied due to the phone having a set password on it.

If I knew what error, I might be able to help you better.
    I fixed it. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Killfox101; 08-13-12 at 08:11 PM.
    08-13-12 11:33 AM
    I have an old BB Storm 9530 from where I used to work. I recently lost my personal phone so I pulled out the BB. It had my former company's IT Policy on it so I used your directions to "resettofactory" and it worked great. Thanks!
    08-26-12 09:23 PM
    Hi, thanks for the instructions! I've got up to the part whereby my blackberry has rebooted as it's coming up with Error 507.

However... my Blackberry Desktop Manager is not OPENING, I double-click it and I see a flicker of the start-up and then that's it. Help please!
    08-30-12 01:17 PM
    That's a whole other thread......try this:

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    08-30-12 01:36 PM
    For those of you having trouble getting JL_cmder to connect to your nuked/dead device, you're better off following this guide ('cause it's never going to connect):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-744148/

Thanks Crucial for the post!
    09-10-12 05:22 AM
    Using Windows 7 x86 while attempting to revive a BB 9700 with JVM Error 517. Attempted using JL_Cmder (original, Vista and 7 versions) with no success. Attempted to use CrackUtil but the source link says that the file is no longer available. Around midnight attempted BBSAK and within 15 minutes had a successfully working BB! Thank you!

My sole complaint is with Crackberry.. Maybe its time to start flagging posts as Stale or perhaps indicate which BB products the post is applicable to?

Cheers & thank you to the online community -- without you my BB would still be fried.
    12-02-12 06:36 AM
    Using Windows 7 x86 while attempting to revive a BB 9700 with JVM Error 517. Attempted using JL_Cmder (original, Vista and 7 versions) with no success. Attempted to use CrackUtil but the source link says that the file is no longer available. Around midnight attempted BBSAK and within 15 minutes had a successfully working BB! Thank you!

My sole complaint is with Crackberry.. Maybe its time to start flagging posts as Stale or perhaps indicate which BB products the post is applicable to?

Cheers & thank you to the online community -- without you my BB would still be fried.
    I've used JL on everything from XP to W7, with no issues. CrackUtil hasn't been supported (continued development) for years, but it is still an effective tool, who's file is stored on CrackBerry servers, and available at the bottom of the original post.

The more tools the merrier, though......
    All these programs will become dinosaurs unless considerably updated, due to BB10 releasing soon, but will continue to be relevant for all those members continuing to use BlackBerries OS7 or less, for years to come.
    go1ndr likes this.
    12-02-12 07:24 AM

I prefer BBSAK as well, but JL_Cmder is a good program and should have worked for you. I like BBSAK as it seems to me to be able to do more but they both are good and I'm glad that you got your phone up and working again. Agreed that some of these posts are very old and not up-to-date but most are still relevent to the issues that continue to plague BB users from time to time. A lot will change as mentioned above, once the BB-10 comes out. CB is a great forum and believe me you'll know that if you ever try to get anything figured out on the actual "BB Forums"-lol. Most everyone on here is ready and willing to help everyone else. Cheers!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-04-12 06:01 PM
    Can i use this wipe for app error 603? I also have a system wipe on my phone???
    12-14-12 10:01 AM
    Can i use this wipe for app error 603? I also have a system wipe on my phone???
    You could, but keep in mind you'll lose everything. Hopefully you have a recent backup, or can still make one.

KB23951-"Error 603", "App Error 603", or "JVM 603" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

You could also as easily download and install a fresh OS on your PC, then pull the battery and run loader:

Http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    12-14-12 10:17 AM
    I did it several times (I spend 30minutes on it) It won't work! I pull the battery out, and plugged the BB it just show the battery sign with a red cross...

I can't have any white screen with any error codes!! only black screen and red led

Can someone tell me how the fix it... I desperatly need some help! It's been 2 months now since my phone crashed! I did the upgrade thing, it won't work --> stock at the jvm thing...
    I did the pull out the battery and put it back + alt, aA, del (It won't work)

I NEED A MIRACLE :'(
    01-23-13 11:21 AM
    How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder part II

This is for the few times you cannot get the above instructions to work. ** Make sure you try to get JL_Cmder to connect 5 or 6 times before doing this.**

The same as above applies for this. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager & OS installed to your computer.

1) Make sure DM is NOT running.

please i tried all this several times still my blackberry won't start up or let me say, it won't load to the end before it gets a white screen, please what else can i do?

2) Connect BB

3) Start a Command Prompt in DOS from your computer.
    ** XP ** Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt then type
    loader.exe/nojvm

4) The AppLoader will then open

5) Select Next

6) A drop down list will appear with the Communication ports & one USB port entry

7) Select USB:Unknown

8) The Apploader should connect to the device and you can now re-install the OS.

If you do not see USB:BBPIN or USB:Unknown

1) Then disconnect your device from the computer
    2) Make sure you leave the Apploader screen up
    3) Remove the battery & stick it back in
    4) Quickly while the RED LED is on reconnect your device to the computer
    5) When USB:BBPIN OR USB:Unknown appears quickly Select Next
    6) Then run the Apploader

Once again, JL_Cmder usually connects to the device after 1 or even a few tries. This is if you CANNOT get JL_Cmder to connect. I've tried to make this as complete as I can. If anyone has anything to add, please do so. Either post here or PM me.

This 2nd part to the tutorial is made by Crucial_Xtreme. Please do not copy and paste this in any other forums without my permission. Thank you.
    02-12-13 05:43 PM
    please i tried all this several times still my blackberry won't start up or let me say, it won't load to the end before it gets a white screen, please what else can i do?
    If it won't fully boot, you can try starting loader.exe with the battery out, and an OS for your phone, from your carrier, downloaded AND installed on your PC.
    02-12-13 05:57 PM
    i have followed your program but when i am by step 10 the "Y" does not work, do you maby have a other button i can press instead off "Y"
    02-26-13 11:37 AM
656 ... 2324252627
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD