0k so I get this when I try to wipe or whaterver my device...
    I'm using Windows7 64bit.

Any ideas?
    09-28-10 11:02 AM
    0k so I get this when I try to wipe or whaterver my device...
    I'm using Windows7 64bit.

Any ideas?
    Possibly due to a bad download. Did you use IE?
    09-28-10 12:55 PM
    My bad, sorry
    I tried probably 10-15 times and it came with this mistake, now I've tried again and it worked just fine
    09-28-10 01:21 PM
    Hi all.
    A few weeks ago, after the Bluetooth on my BB died and geting the BlackBerry run around, one google search lead to another and I finally found a link to this site. I downloaded the JL_cmder to my Windows XP computer and after a few tries ( XP being XP I am being polite here...) I managed to do a factory reset on my BB. It didn't solve the bluetooth problem like it had for some people but it proved to me that something could be done. Now, one thing lead to another and XP was too old (and too corupted) for the new DM version needed to do a proper save/restore on my BB... Today, now with a newer PC runing Vista 32 (so far so good...), a newer DM version, all my data saved, I went for the big wipe with the JL_Cmder ... and nothing worked at all!
    So here I came again, looking for answers and through all the many pages of this thread I came across other BB users exchanging tricks and advice that I applied to every problem I got along the way ( Vista being Vista and all that...) anyway... IT WORKED!!!
    It did NOT restore my Bluetooth mind you but my "second hand" BB is now running like new and at least now I know I did ALL that could be done software-wise and the next step is to get the hardware repaired or replaced.
    Thank you all who posted here.
    By sharing your problems and solutions who knows how many other silent guests you helped?... I am now registered so I could write this and I will check back for sure to sample more of the wealth of "hands-on" Crackberry knowledge!
    10-01-10 09:12 PM
    I downloaded JL_Comander but it wont open on my pc, it keeps saying
    "The Specified Path does not exist
    Check the path and try again"
    Im running Windows Vista.
    10-02-10 12:07 PM
    Hi Cyberkitti.

I came across the same problem with Vista. You have to right clic on the JL_Cmder file and go into the compatibility tab and check the option: "Run as XP service pack2".

Good luck!
    bambuco likes this.
    10-02-10 11:33 PM
    Ok so, I dropped my beloved 9700 in water and freaked. I did the rice bag trick and it seemed to have worked. It powers on now but gives me a jvm 102 message. So I got on here to see what to do and found JL_Cmder. However, I cannot get it to work!!! What am I doing wrong? Every time I try to install it starts to pull up a dos looking window however it immediately closes itself.
    10-18-10 05:45 PM
    Ok so, I dropped my beloved 9700 in water and freaked. I did the rice bag trick and it seemed to have worked. It powers on now but gives me a jvm 102 message. So I got on here to see what to do and found JL_Cmder. However, I cannot get it to work!!! What am I doing wrong? Every time I try to install it starts to pull up a dos looking window however it immediately closes itself.
    Try changing the file extention to exe, and see if that helps get it to install.
    10-18-10 06:38 PM
    Crucial_Xtreme,

Thanks for the How-to w/ JL_Cmder. Has been really helpful for my BB Storm 9530.
    10-21-10 12:10 PM
    will give this method a try to see it will help my issue
    10-27-10 08:54 AM
    This method using the cmd is easier than using the installer
    10-27-10 08:55 AM
    I would recommend this method using the cmd feature is its much easier if your using Windows 7
    10-27-10 08:57 AM
    I was downloading the new OS but after an hour of installing they informed me " the loader unable connect to the device you may need to enter password on the device" and there is no password on the phone.

and am stuck with the '507' Error on phone.

so please help because now the phone is not working.
    10-30-10 04:19 AM
    I was downloading the new OS but after an hour of installing they informed me " the loader unable connect to the device you may need to enter password on the device" and there is no password on the phone.

and am stuck with the '507' Error on phone.

so please help because now the phone is not working.
    You need to download and install the OS onto your PC, then go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader. Delete vendor.xml from the folder, and then run loader.exe. The latest OS for every device is listed here:

Http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/bl...r-page-274590/
    10-30-10 09:48 AM
    spent four hours trying to do it. I finally used the technique of pulling the battery and then clicking really fast on the COM port button in DM.
    11-03-10 10:58 PM
    I just found an answer to the can not open port problem. I am running windows 7 x64 64 bit. The key is you must open the Blackberry Desktop Software. You should see a window pop up stating you must either retry accessing your phone or you can update. Once that window is open, proceed to use JL_Cmder. The command prompt is easier. And if you are unsure on how to move to your root folder(c:\) using the command screen, use [cd..] dont use the brackets. to move up in folders you will type cd (folder name).

I knew that the port was opening up at some point but could never figure out why JL_Cmder wouldnt open it. Let the desktop app open it for you and slip the JL_Cmder right under its nose.

PS Can I just say I'm so excited I finally contributed to the crackberry community!
    Last edited by 916Ninja; 11-07-10 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added the PS
    11-04-10 11:45 PM
    l installed JL_Cmder to wipe the device because l installed 6 os on 9700 incorrectly so l wanted to go back 5os and l got to "white screen" error 507...
    when l go do DM and try to install 5os again l get an error saying "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connections or try again later, if the problem persist."
    l have lnteret connection but now phone is nonfunctional and l cant do anything.
    please help
    11-07-10 03:15 PM
    l installed JL_Cmder to wipe the device because l installed 6 os on 9700 incorrectly so l wanted to go back 5os and l got to "white screen" error 507...
    when l go do DM and try to install 5os again l get an error saying "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connections or try again later, if the problem persist."
    l have lnteret connection but now phone is nonfunctional and l cant do anything.
    please help
    You'll need to download and install OS5 onto your PC the latest official is still 5, and can be found here:

Http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/bl...r-page-274590/
    11-07-10 11:25 PM
    please help
    I had the same problem solved by going to my carriers website to download the latest official update. A

lso, now that I think of it, for future readers I ran into the problem of using the swap phone function and it bricked my phone causing me to use this method in the first place. If you do get this problem try this:

1. Back up your old phone.
    2. Unbrick your new phone.
    3. Update new phone with latest and greatest OS/hybrid/leak (your choice)
    4. Restore backup on new phone.

And on another note, DO NOT forget to unplug any phone you don't want wiped. I left both phones in when I went to wipe (I was fighting the new phone for six hours to try and fix it.) and lost both phones in the process. Thank heavens for back ups.
    11-07-10 11:37 PM
    Is there a 64 bit windows compatible version of this? it would not let me proceed...
    11-17-10 07:08 PM
    when i try to install an operaing system i cant find it on my computar
    11-20-10 02:19 PM
    Is there a 64 bit windows compatible version of this? it would not let me proceed...
    This is the only version. You've tried changing the compatibility, and it's still not working?

when i try to install an operaing system i cant find it on my computar
    For FireFox look in Tools->Downloads, for IE it's in My Documents->Downloads, or Downloads Temp.
    11-20-10 04:22 PM
    I have read through this thread and I am still not finding the solution I need. I have the 545 JVM error on my 8320. I tried to wipe my phone using JL_cmdr but it doesn't see the connection. I tried all 4 of my direct USB ports. Then I tried BBSAK. Same problem. DM also doesn't find my phone. I have tried all dozens of time. Nothing. I can't get away from the 545 JVM error screen. I have a backup IPD I can live with. I just want to wipe the phone and load the OS again.

What else can I try?
    11-26-10 12:31 AM
    I have read through this thread and I am still not finding the solution I need. I have the 545 JVM error on my 8320. I tried to wipe my phone using JL_cmdr but it doesn't see the connection. I tried all 4 of my direct USB ports. Then I tried BBSAK. Same problem. DM also doesn't find my phone. I have tried all dozens of time. Nothing. I can't get away from the 545 JVM error screen. I have a backup IPD I can live with. I just want to wipe the phone and load the OS again.

What else can I try?
    Try taking the battery out, then hook up the phone. Start loader.exe, and even if it doesn't have the pin showing, start the installation process. Once it has started, put the battery back in, being careful not to disturb the USB connection on the phone.
    11-26-10 05:14 AM
    I have done everything - EVERYTHING!!! I cant get my storm to do anything other than flash once then four quick times and keep repeating. I connect to a charger and to computer - nothing. It was working night before. I took battery out and left out over night. Put battery back in then this. Help???

How do I get the computer to see it???
    11-28-10 03:29 AM
656 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD