I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem I now have. I followed the step by step guide for wiping my Cellular South 8830WE using JL_Commander. Everything went great with no problems. After using my 8830 for a few days I had the opportunity to use Blackberry Maps. That is when I found out my GPS no longer works. Ive tried everything. Prior to using JL_Commander I could lock onto 10-11 satelites in about 10-20 seconds from anywhere, even in my house. Now nothing. Cellular South has tried everything and they cannot get it working again. Is it possible wiping did something to the internal GPS so it no longer works. I have tried fixing the GPS with the steps given in the forums for the real fix for GPS but that has not helped either. Please if anybody can help I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    08-25-09 04:38 PM
    Does JL Cmdr not work with vista 34bit? I tried numerous times to install but it's not working, anyone know where I am going wrong?
    08-26-09 07:32 AM
    sorry crucial or anyone with the answer i need. Thanks in advance. I just tried to switch back to my bold, my batt was dead and i charged it turned it on and app error 523 ever since.do i need a sim in to use jl_cmder? i have an att bold. im trying to switch back from my jailbroken iphone just to play around with the new att os.i have 234 loaded on my berry now,i will try the above directions i just dont know about having sim in or not. please help. sorry about the puncuation. Any help greatly appreciatted!!
    08-27-09 09:52 PM
    for anyone having trouble with app loader telling you "no software was found for the device..blah blah blah" I ran the apploader through the DM and clicked "update" not "add.install" and it found my new OS. I nearly kicked myself for it being something so simple..Hope it helps.

I'll list step by step what I did.

1. Download OS
    2. Download JL_CMDer
    3. I was using DM 4.7
    4. Follow instructions for wiping.
    5. Restart Comp.
    6. Open DM, click Add/Update and do the battery trick.
    7. Click update.
    8. Viola!
    Last edited by RyanK44; 09-05-09 at 04:08 PM.
    09-05-09 04:00 PM
    I have some problems also with the JL_CMder. I'm using a Blackberry Pearl 8100. The OS is already not working from the forever cycle of hourglass. When I start the program, everything goes fine. Goes to the screen after typing blackberry, but just does "Connecting to device..." The program definitely notices the phone because as soon as the phone reboots itself, the JL program goes back to the Options screen.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
    I'm having a similar problem. When I run JL_Cmder and do a wipe, I get a "Connecting to device..." and back to the menu screen.
    09-06-09 04:25 PM
    i downloaded .191 to my phone...but i didnt wipe. is it necessay to wipe ur blackberry before hand. or does it not mater. it just unloaded .148 which took about 20 min. than about 30 min. to load up the .191 OS. i dont really want to screw up my berry. it was my first tim actualy on the desk top manager. but i did install the OS correctly. i deleted the RIM INTERNAL TOOLS before hand. everything was amooth. sr so long but i guess the ? is What is the purpose of wiping your blackberry?
    09-07-09 07:35 PM
    I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING AND STILL PHONE NOT DETECTED ... HERE IS WHAT I AM DOING:

- I INSTALLED JL_Cmder
    - double clicked it and went through all the screens (the dos ones)
    - I typed 'blackberry' to wipe
    - nothing happens unless i hit the Enter key NOT the Return key
    - I start the DM version 5.0.0.11
    - i go to Application Loader (at this time, Device connected (PIN): shows None
    - when i get to Applocation Loader ... nothing happens as my compute does not see my BB.
    - My BB still shows white screen with the following:

BlackBerry Platform 2.7.0.105
    AddressBook
    Alarm
    Calendar
    Compose
    Options
    SavedMessages

HELP ME IF YOU CAN AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT

[QUOTE=Crucial_Xtreme;514956]Ok, I've seen alot of people lately using [] to wipe the device, but some are having problems. So, heres a How-To on how to use JL_Cmder. I hope this helps a few people out.

1) DownloadJL_Cmder from the attached file below, unzip & install to the computer.

2) Now, go ahead and sync all of your info or back it up. If you DO NOT, you will lose it ALL, obviously because we are wiping the device.

3) If you do not have the latest version of the Desktop Manager, download it from[]
    Also, make sure, that you have the OS you are wanting to install to the device, installed to your computer as well.

4)Make sure the Vendor XML file is deleted if you are going to install a OS that is not from your carrier. The vendor XML file can be located by going toC:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader

5) Make sure the DM is closed and plug in BB to computer via USB
    09-11-09 04:39 AM
    Great info here also very useful for screen shots.
    09-18-09 08:33 PM
    I Followed The Steps But I Got Stuck When I Wanted To Do Application Loader,it Says There Are No Updates For My Phone,and When I Try To Do Restore The Tab Is Not Active, Canyou Help Please, I Thoght It Be Easy But Now I'm Stuck Like Chuck. Appreciate Any Help
    09-19-09 01:47 PM
    What Happens If I Download The Os After I Wipe Phone ? Is This A No Turning Back Mistake, Or Can I Remedy This?
    09-19-09 01:54 PM
    I'm about to sell my Curve 8320 to a friend of mine. I had been using it for work and it still has all of my information (contacts, email, calender entries, etc). Can I just use the factory BlackBerry "wipe" feature? Or is it wise to go through this whole process?

Thanks for your help!

Also, the instructions are really clear and has me leaning toward using JL, so thanks Crucial for the post. Lastly, where can I find the most updated OS (It's a T-Mo curve that will be used with an ATT SIM).
    09-22-09 03:00 PM
    I think i'm goin to downgrade to 4.7.148 since .191 wasn't working up to par with me.. I couldn't make or receive calls. Please someone help me get to the hybrid .230 please.
    09-23-09 05:57 PM
    I have 5.0 on my storm and am considering wiping through the Options> Security Options> Security Wipe> Wipe

How would you compare this to JL Cmder??

I have never done this with a leaked OS, but it is much easier doing it this way...
    10-06-09 01:38 PM
    could some one please tell me what does step number 3. "Download MY version" means?

Thanks.
    10-16-09 12:55 AM
    could some one please tell me what does step number 3. "Download MY version" means?

Thanks.
    If I remember correctly, you are using JLComander to wipe your device in order to re-install the OS yes? Step 3 is find and download the OS that you want to install on your device I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 01:07 AM
    If I remember correctly, you are using JLComander to wipe your device in order to re-install the OS yes? Step 3 is find and download the OS that you want to install on your device I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes i downloaded the .273 and now i want to wipe my BB so i can downgrade to the previous OS i think is the .230 I was able to downgrade without using the JLcomander. i just didnt understand what step 3 meant exactly. but i do have installed the os i want to install on my BB
    10-16-09 01:16 AM
    When using this technique all is successful except the actual loading of OS process.

I am figuring my device is beyond saving - but please confirm perhaps at your end help WOULD be appreciated.

I of course get the JL_CMDER to connect and get the handset to JVM 507 error.
    OS reload process begins EITHER thru apploader or DM.
    APPLOADER/DM uploads RAM image.
    Deletes apps.
    Loads system software. x2.
    Handset reboots after this and of course DM/APPLOADER says "waiting for device initialization"
    After the process continues after the first waiting for device initialization the modules begin to be written to the handset - it fails EVERY single time at a module that says perhaps net_rim_cldc.cod - and Desktop Manager will report "Fatal error occured while updating your devices software". Whereas apploader will report the error in this format "Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]" perhaps bad memory address?

a great number of attempts have been made - and it fails each and every time when that specific module is being written to the handset.
    Attempted made With and Without battery in handset during initial stages.
    When this module is written to the handset the handset reboots and comes back to JVM 507.

Troubleshooting done so far: as per blackberry.com/btsc attempted troubleshooting for possible USB issues - i.e reinstall usb root hubs.
    No success.
    3 different PC's 2 laptops all used.
    Same result.
    Should at this point i be contacting my carrier for a warranty replacement i imagine?

Appreciate the feedback,

regards.

Jaloz.
    10-18-09 02:45 AM
    hi there, i really need peoples help with my blackberry bold, it just has a white screen with the hour glass, it had a error screen (something like 952 and then the option of restarting and i clicked it and now i have this problem) i've seen the thread about using jm)loader to wipe the blackberry and i thought i had but not when you click on the option 4 to wipe it ges through tthe motions from the red screen and straight back to the black screen options again, nothing has changed with the blackberry. Help please
    10-18-09 04:01 AM
    hi there, i really need peoples help with my blackberry bold, it just has a white screen with the hour glass, it had a error screen (something like 952 and then the option of restarting and i clicked it and now i have this problem) i've seen the thread about using jm)loader to wipe the blackberry and i thought i had but not when you click on the option 4 to wipe it ges through tthe motions from the red screen and straight back to the black screen options again, nothing has changed with the blackberry. Help please
    The key is trying to figure out what happened AFTER you initially had the 952 error.
    You said "i clicked it and now i have this problem".
    What problem is it you have now? Do you get further error messages upon trying to boot up your phone?

Using this type of tool without needing to is not advisable since you can sometimes get the phone working without using it.
    But if you've successfully used the tool and you've wiped the handset the next step is of couse using the other Blackberry Desktop Manager "app loader" tool to start loading your phones OS back to the phone.
    Get from your cellphone carriers website the OS that was released for your Bold handset and walk thru steps on loading this OS to the handset.

I imagine at this point you've seeked other alternatives though since noone sent a reply in a timely manner - perhaps you can give an update and say at what state your phone is in?

/JALOZ
    10-18-09 10:42 PM
    Appears as though JL_cmder can also be used to upload modules/.cod's to the handset.

Appears I have a lot of work ahead of me since DM isn't loading the modules properly - when it hits one specific module it always fails. javaloader should be able to do it though with the information i've received from a coworker.

Too bad all the focus on this forum is regarding how to WIPE using this tool.

Anyhoo - will post results of this - as relating to my issue posted about 3 days ago now.

/jaloz
    10-19-09 10:40 PM
    I've tried this program on 3 different computers, one running windows 7, one vista 64, one XP. I dl'd the zip, extract it, run the exe, it flashes the cmd window and nothing. wtf am I doing wrong. There's no program installed to run.
    11-08-09 05:00 PM
    Confirmed that the method described for Vista 64 bit work with Win 7 64 bit. When you download JL_Commander make sure you do not use the Installer. Just copy the files to where you want to keep the program. Typical would be c:\Program Files (x86)\JL_Cmder. Worked like a charm.
    11-09-09 02:29 PM
    I've tried this program on 3 different computers, one running windows 7, one vista 64, one XP. I dl'd the zip, extract it, run the exe, it flashes the cmd window and nothing. wtf am I doing wrong. There's no program installed to run.
    Which version of win 7? 32 or 64 bit?
    11-09-09 02:30 PM
    Which version of win 7? 32 or 64 bit?
    I'm running the 64 bit
    11-09-09 02:36 PM
    I'm running the 64 bit
    Alright, you need to download JL_commander from here and choose the first of the two links at the bottom of the page. Don't get the installer. Unzip it to your hdd. Then go here and download CHOICE.EXE. It is important that you rename this to CHOICE.COM and replace the CHOICE.COM file that you downloaded from the JL_Commander page. Then, as it says on the first post for 64 bit Vista, right click on JL_Cmder.cmd go to the compatibility tab and change the compatibility mode to run this file as if it were XP SP2. After that, double click on JL_Cmder.cmd, click "run" and follow instructions that are posted on the first page for a normal wipe.
    11-09-09 02:50 PM
656 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD