Hiya, thanks for this great guide, really has been great. I have got to the point where it has the 507 error, but I cannot progress further, when I start the application loader and select my device, it has the message:

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Device Software for the device that is connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

How do I download a new OS? Thanks and apologies for the question
    07-01-09 01:21 AM
    Salomadrin im in the same situation its so frustrating could someone please help us im bout to cry because my blackberry looks dead right now
    07-01-09 09:35 PM
    Hey i think i figured it out make sure youhave deleted the vendor file i just deleted it i didmnt before and hit the app loader on BB DM and it found the software hope it helps let me know if it did.
    07-01-09 10:18 PM
    Hey i think i figured it out make sure youhave deleted the vendor file i just deleted it i didmnt before and hit the app loader on BB DM and it found the software hope it helps let me know if it did.
    Did it actually work? I was able to fix mine too... but my problem was a little bit weirder.. LOL
    07-02-09 01:15 AM
    No it didn't non of my instant messasging apps are showing up and when click on the media or alarm clock or music player its gives me a error and when I take pics it freezes and I have to do a battery pull idk what to do I reinstall OS 4 times now all differents ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:57 PM
    Sorry to ask this noob question.

I am running on VISTA x64 and no matter how I tried to read the instructions on how to use the wipe with x64 I still can't seem to get it right >_>

Can somebody please explain in a little more simplistic steps?
    ): SOrry.. I am very noob to these things ._.
    07-05-09 01:05 PM
    Sorry to ask this noob question.

I am running on VISTA x64 and no matter how I tried to read the instructions on how to use the wipe with x64 I still can't seem to get it right >_>

Can somebody please explain in a little more simplistic steps?
    ): SOrry.. I am very noob to these things ._.
    THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

Your best shot here is to get a semi older computer that has never been used to upgrade or install any OS.

Then follow the simple steps... It's really really easy, but I did struggle for 2 weeks until I saw someone in my office had an "older" PC with no previews
    "OS's installed" or any blackberry program.

If you have questions about the step by step, read it again. It takes a few tries... I always give it 20 tries... (I'm very persistent! LOL)
    07-05-09 01:09 PM
    I hv a post I think on page 6 that has all that information

07-05-09 01:17 PM
    Ok, so i tried everything you had to offer as help including part 1 and 2 on wiping your phone and neither is working. I even went into my program files to find my apploader file and come to find out there isnt one in my RIM DM file. so now im stuck and not sure what else there is out there to fix my problem. any more help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-05-09 02:51 PM
    It isn't in the DM file

07-05-09 02:58 PM
    THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

Your best shot here is to get a semi older computer that has never been used to upgrade or install any OS.

Then follow the simple steps... It's really really easy, but I did struggle for 2 weeks until I saw someone in my office had an "older" PC with no previews
    "OS's installed" or any blackberry program.

If you have questions about the step by step, read it again. It takes a few tries... I always give it 20 tries... (I'm very persistent! LOL)
    Thanks I will try this on my laptop instead then
    07-05-09 04:17 PM
    Thanks I will try this on my laptop instead then
    I really hope it works for you
    07-05-09 04:19 PM
    I really hope it works for you
    Thanks! This definitely did help. Wiping was not a problem at all. No problems occured. My only question is. Since my laptop is running x32
    and desktop x64 am I able to plug my phone (That is totally wiped) onto my desktop comp and install everything from there?

EDIT :: I reinstalled the .148 alone through my laptop and did the rest on my desktop. Works fine. LoL D:
    Last edited by Sighx; 07-05-09 at 06:42 PM.
    07-05-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks! This definitely did help. Wiping was not a problem at all. No problems occured. My only question is. Since my laptop is running x32
    and desktop x64 am I able to plug my phone (That is totally wiped) onto my desktop comp and install everything from there?

EDIT :: I reinstalled the .148 alone through my laptop and did the rest on my desktop. Works fine. LoL D:
    Awesome!!!! I'm glad!
    07-05-09 11:00 PM

This manual method should always connect your Blackberry. I tried this with my Storm 9500 several times, and it worked at once every single time. (In contrast to that I tried to used the JL_Cmder.cmd, wipe, enter blackberry, press enter approximately 50 times -.- and it did not even work once)
    I hope this helps. If you got any questions, just ask

EDIT:
    Just saw that a lot of people have problems with RUN AS ADMIN etc.
    I recommend that you just ensure that the JL_Cmder folder exists on your harddrive and the files are in there. Then open command prompt and use my instructions to connect and wipe your device.
    Okay I am now officially tired of trying this by myself...please help...

I attempted to use Crucial's steps but haven't been lucky enough to have Jl_cmder connect to my device, so I used your manual method and got this error message: Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    Error: unable to open port

Here are my specs:
    I am running Windows XP SP3 via VMFusion and trying to wipe a Curve 8900. During the entire process the only image/message on my screen is a battery with a red line through it (I assume this is because the battery has been removed).

Please help.

EDIT:
    Finally got through with actually wiping device. It seems as though removing the battery was the issue. Now I am trying to load the new software using DM....fingers crossed...
    Last edited by imdaBold1; 07-07-09 at 09:13 PM. Reason: EDIT
    07-07-09 06:46 PM
    Okay I am now officially tired of trying this by myself...please help...

I attempted to use Crucial's steps but haven't been lucky enough to have Jl_cmder connect to my device, so I used your manual method and got this error message: Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80040001)
    Error: unable to open port

Here are my specs:
    I am running Windows XP SP3 via VMFusion and trying to wipe a Curve 8900. During the entire process the only image/message on my screen is a battery with a red line through it (I assume this is because the battery has been removed).

Please help.

EDIT:
    Finally got through with actually wiping device. It seems as though removing the battery was the issue. Now I am trying to load the new software using DM....fingers crossed...
    I need some assistance. A friend and I tried upgrading the OS on her Curve 8900 but for some reason it keeps failing with a fatal error.
    Desktop manager is not able to Upload RAM Image (Load JVM and system software). It doesn't seem as though the device is able to initialize after the load and that is what is causing the fatal error.
    I have tried everything (Crackmem, Desktop Manager and Jl_Cmder) and was only able to remove the offending OS but now I cannot reload any software (.250 or .133).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

07-07-09 11:55 PM
    i need help...trying to this to my bold..got the jl_cmder loaded but as soon as i try to start it, my computer keeps telling me that its not compatible with my version of windows. does this work with vista or is there another one that will?
    07-09-09 12:36 PM
    Ok, I'm trying to wipe my old 8320 but since it crashed it reboots by itself and repeats it. Therefore, when JL Cmder tries to connect to the device, it doesn't recognize it because the BB has rebooted once again. Is there a way to prevent it from rebooting itself or there's no luck? If so, please advise or I shall toss it in the trash...no reason to hold on to a dead BB lol.

Thanks guys!
    07-14-09 12:26 PM
    There is thread on how to recover a nuked BlackBerry. Would link but I'm not on a PC

07-14-09 12:30 PM
    @bbearhug: Thanks but I did the step by step process from that thread first...it worked but because the BB reboots on and off by itself, its unable to connect to the device. By the time it starts connecting, its already rebooting and does this over and over. So in other words, I guess there's no help for the old BB.

Thanks again.
    07-15-09 08:57 AM
    @bbearhug: Thanks but I did the step by step process from that thread first...it worked but because the BB reboots on and off by itself, its unable to connect to the device. By the time it starts connecting, its already rebooting and does this over and over. So in other words, I guess there's no help for the old BB.

Thanks again.
    Hello Daglamdiva,

How old is the blackberry, can I get it?

07-15-09 09:07 AM
    Hello Daglamdiva,

How old is the blackberry, can I get it?

It's the 8320 but you can't do anything with it since its DEAD as can be.
    07-15-09 09:50 AM
    Just posting to say thanks, this guide helped me in the past and here recently.
    07-15-09 06:17 PM
    so i have a used bold that i bought which i updated the OS and restored all my information from my curve backup file.

i noticed im still getting emails for the former owner. its only showing up in the 'messages' folder.

i have two icons for my email accounts but i cant sync those accounts with the bold, because when i go to the e-mail set up, its asking for a bb username and password, which i didnt set up.

if i wipe the device will i be able to sync my emails with this phone or am i going to have the former owner call att about it?
    07-18-09 03:44 AM
    THANK u soooo much Crucial Xtreme. This helped a lot. Although my BB Curve 8320 still has charging issues that I'm trying to get resolved. I greatly appreciate this post.
    07-22-09 11:49 AM
656 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD