crucial_xtreme, you are a legend. thanks a lot for the tutorial. worked 100%.
    06-01-09 02:04 AM
    Crucial,
    I really need help.
    I installed the Blackberry Software to my computer, and wiped my Blackberry with Jl_Cdmer. And error 507 came up and everything, but the DM won't recognize my blackberry and I tried doing a battery pull like you said in your other post and it still did not work. PLEASE HELP!!
    thanks in advance
    06-03-09 12:17 PM
    Crucial,
    I really need help.
    I installed the Blackberry Software to my computer, and wiped my Blackberry with Jl_Cdmer. And error 507 came up and everything, but the DM won't recognize my blackberry and I tried doing a battery pull like you said in your other post and it still did not work. PLEASE HELP!!
    thanks in advance
    open up apploader.

c:\program files\common files\Reasearch in motion\java\apploader\apploader.exe

The file location isn't exact since I am at work, but you should be able to find it.

battery pull.

On the white screen during startup, not when it gives you the 501 error try to connect to it via usb. if it doesn't come up, close apploader and reopen until it finds it and then push next and it will reload the OS.

Good Luck
    06-03-09 12:37 PM
    The blackberry curve I have is on Cincinatti Bell, and I am trying to load the t-mobile software on to it, and everytime I use the AppLoader, it says,

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator."

I installed the Blackberry 8320 software to my computer, used JL_Cmder to wipe the phone, and then try to load the application software and it says that.
    PLEASE HELP AGAIN!
    thanks!
    06-03-09 01:16 PM
    I have followed the instructions to a T and now have the 507 error on my device. Now my computer will not recognize my device at all and since it's not recognized I can't install the OS.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    06-03-09 01:21 PM
    I am having the same exact issue with my Verizon 8330
    06-03-09 01:25 PM
    The blackberry curve I have is on Cincinatti Bell, and I am trying to load the t-mobile software on to it, and everytime I use the AppLoader, it says,

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or system administrator."

I installed the Blackberry 8320 software to my computer, used JL_Cmder to wipe the phone, and then try to load the application software and it says that.
    PLEASE HELP AGAIN!
    thanks!
    Ok, I went back and downloaded and installed the original version of the OS from Verizon, .77. Once this original version was installed apploader.exe FINALLY worked with my 507 error device!! I chose to install the older version of the software thinking at this point just reinstall the original OS then go for the .138 update from Verizon.

After all of this trouble I think i will refrain from messing with OS's from here on out unless it's an upgrade from Verizon. Too many problems and time wasted on the computer trying to fix all this crap.

Download and install the original OS for your device from the carrier and see if apploader.exe will not work with your 507 error device.
    06-03-09 01:31 PM
    Ok, I went back and downloaded and installed the original version of the OS from Verizon, .77. Once this original version was installed apploader.exe FINALLY worked with my 507 error device!! I chose to install the older version of the software thinking at this point just reinstall the original OS then go for the .138 update from Verizon.

After all of this trouble I think i will refrain from messing with OS's from here on out unless it's an upgrade from Verizon. Too many problems and time wasted on the computer trying to fix all this crap.

Download and install the original OS for your device from the carrier and see if apploader.exe will not work with your 507 error device.
    i downloaded the original software and the SAME MESSAGE CAME UP
    this makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have done something like this to load the software before on my AT&T curve and it worked. but this is just weird
    06-03-09 02:07 PM
    i downloaded the original software and the SAME MESSAGE CAME UP
    this makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have done something like this to load the software before on my AT&T curve and it worked. but this is just weird
    Gosh man, i'm sorry that didn't work for you. At this point I'm still trying to get my blood pressure down from the whole "unfixable" 507 error that i had earlier.
    06-03-09 02:14 PM
    Make sure that the old copies are removed from your system prior to downloading new copy. I had to uninstall the DM an remove all OS versions and reload DM and os for it to work right. Make sure to empty your recycle bin as well.
    06-03-09 02:45 PM
    Guys,

I am trying to do this but I don�t have anything called

Applo ader

What I have are two folders, one called Blackberry and one called Media Sync. I have tried searching my computer for the folder/file called aplo ader but I can�t find it..

Any advice?

Also, if I wipe the device before reistalling the OS, once I reinstall an OS, and restore the BB, will it be exactly the same as before? With all the BBM contacts as well? Or should I write down the pin numbers of my friends before wiping?

Thanks very much!

Lisa
    06-03-09 05:09 PM
    If you have downloaded and installed an OS then you should find it in

C:\program files\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

I don't have java in the path and the application is loader.exe and not apploader.exe

If you are running Vist 64 like I unfortunately am then the only difference is that the Program Files will be Program Files(x86).

Also, are you using Desktop Manager to sync your contacts with outlook or doing everything through blackberry? When I reloaded the OS (or did a wipe) I lost all contacts and had to re sync with outlook to get them back. When the phone originally came up it had no contacts. Maybe you are doing something different but if you are syncing with outlook then you are safe and will always have them in outlook to sync after you have fixed the problem.

Guys,

I am trying to do this but I don�t have anything called

Applo ader

What I have are two folders, one called Blackberry and one called Media Sync. I have tried searching my computer for the folder/file called aplo ader but I can�t find it..

Any advice?

Also, if I wipe the device before reistalling the OS, once I reinstall an OS, and restore the BB, will it be exactly the same as before? With all the BBM contacts as well? Or should I write down the pin numbers of my friends before wiping?

Thanks very much!

Lisa
    Last edited by jaypugh; 06-04-09 at 02:23 PM. Reason: edit
    06-04-09 02:19 PM
    JayPugh,

Thanks for the advice : )

I don�t think that I have downloaded and installed an OS. When I got the phone (I bought it from a friend, unlocked) it was already working.

Does that mean that I do not need to delete this app loader?
    I am using the DM to do everything, I just got the BB and have lots of problems with it, which I am trying to solve by wiping and reinstalling an OS (see more at link below).

I have my BB backed up in DM, not outlook, does it make a difference? I thought that if I restored it from DM after a wipe all would be happy and I would not even notice a difference? (Except hopefully improved functionality).

I am NOT an IT person, and this is my first BB, so it is hard to learn about all these new things at once!

I really appreciate your help!

Lisa

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...83/index2.html
    06-04-09 04:14 PM
    Another great post... thanks for everyone that is out there to help us!
    06-06-09 02:57 AM
    JayPugh,

Thanks for the advice : )

I don�t think that I have downloaded and installed an OS. When I got the phone (I bought it from a friend, unlocked) it was already working.

Does that mean that I do not need to delete this app loader?
    I am using the DM to do everything, I just got the BB and have lots of problems with it, which I am trying to solve by wiping and reinstalling an OS (see more at link below).

I have my BB backed up in DM, not outlook, does it make a difference? I thought that if I restored it from DM after a wipe all would be happy and I would not even notice a difference? (Except hopefully improved functionality).

I am NOT an IT person, and this is my first BB, so it is hard to learn about all these new things at once!

I really appreciate your help!

Lisa

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...83/index2.html
    I tried to do it, even though I don�t think that I have another OS intstalled on my computer (skipped the step of removing the OS program because I can�t find it anywhere).. but after I open the CM der.. it says to any key to move forward and the second screen is flashing black and red... anyone tried this?
    06-07-09 02:57 AM
    Vista 64... What do you meen by MY version? the one attached?
    06-08-09 10:41 AM
    great info
    06-13-09 10:20 PM

EDIT: How to use JL_Cmder with Vistax64:

Download and install this version HERE
    1. Download JL_Cmder from HERE NON-INSTALLER
    2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace CHOICE.COM with the my version of the file.
    5. Rename my version extension to CHOICE.COM (thanks minigts for the catch!)
    6. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    7. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    8. Click OK
    9. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    10. Continue as stated in the directions above.

CX,

I'm good with your instructions except that the link in item #1 is broken. If I understand correctly, I can use the zip file instructions then copy "my version" over CHOICE.COM in the JL_Cmder folder.
    06-15-09 09:48 AM
    Hi. Sorry if this is a basic question and has already been discussed often before.

My blackberry is acting weird and I want to wipe it out and reinstall OS. My question is whether the OS downloaded from Verizon website contains everything such as themes, icons made by Verizon. I like the Verizon theme very much and don't want to lose it.

Thank you in advance.
    06-18-09 06:08 PM
    Hi. Sorry if this is a basic question and has already been discussed often before.

My blackberry is acting weird and I want to wipe it out and reinstall OS. My question is whether the OS downloaded from Verizon website contains everything such as themes, icons made by Verizon. I like the Verizon theme very much and don't want to lose it.

Thank you in advance.
    yes it will have the preloaded themes
    06-19-09 01:20 PM
    Thanks Tyroni. I hoped it would. I've seen alot of members having problems. I wish I could have put the 1st pic up, but it would only let me put up 4. So i figured the 1st was the least important. But, thank you, I appreciate it.
    Hey CX! I was just trying this process and made it all the way until the 507 error appeared on my phone. When I try installing the OS on the phone, it just doesn't want to install it... I don't understand why! I've tried everything! I would really appreciate some help
    06-21-09 11:27 PM
    Not only that, but I've tried every single possible thing. Upgrading DM, downgrading it, same thing with the OS, doing it while the RED light is on, etc.... and nothing. It still says that NO SOFTWARE WAS FOUND FOR MY BB DEVICE.... which doesn't make sense!

I'm doing this on my tour, and I've been able to do it a couple of times on my other Tour... this one just doesn't want to upgrade for some reason... not even that... now I can't install the regular os ...
    06-22-09 01:33 AM
    I can't get any further than this point:
    h t t p://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8000/evensnelll.jpg
    (sorry, i can't post any images or links yet)

cause everytime i press Y i only hear a loud beep from my computer! I've tried it like a hundred times but it just won't work.. What to do?
    06-23-09 08:52 AM
    nice nice nice
    06-23-09 09:46 PM
    Ok...been trying all day to get my Bold running...everytime I use apploader or DM...with numerous Os's, it will go almost all the way through the loading process, then it gets a fatal error [j:0x00000005]...i have tried by the DOS method, and just using apploader. I attempted to use Jl cmder, but the phone keeps going redlight to white screen, and it keeps interrupting the wipe process. Is there a way to make it push through ? I tried leaving the battery out when running JL...but then it doesnt recognize the phone. I've been following the prescribed fix-it threads, but no matter what i try, i get the fatal error message when the OS is loading. Somebody please help...I'm already bald so I have no hair to pull out !!!
    06-28-09 10:18 PM
656 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD