bbearhug:

I did restart my computer and reset the device. Still the exact same error message.

I've spent the whole day on this, is there anything else I can try?

I'm trying to resolve a "JVM Error 547" error.
    04-05-09 08:22 PM
    Here's a screenshot of DM seeing my 8100 but not allowing me to connect to it. So obviously something still works because it recognizes the PIN correctly.

Please any help would be welcomed.

Thanks.
    04-05-09 08:30 PM
    Here's a screenshot of DM seeing my 8100 but not allowing me to connect to it. So obviously something still works because it recognizes the PIN correctly.

Please any help would be welcomed.

Thanks.
    Jl_cmder will run when you type in all the prompts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 07:39 AM
    ive spent over a week trying to read over every tutorial and help guide related to jl cmdr. nothing works. i am on vista x64 and have followed the specific instructions for it as well. i have the same problem as listed above when after i type 'blackberry' it takes me back to the options screen. tried repeatedly 6, 7 times like suggested. i have even tried 50 times in a row (yes i counted). i know my way around a computer pretty well and with everything i have tried, nothing works. has anyone with this same problem found another program that ACTUALLY WORKS on the first try? please recommend something before i jump up and down on my phone 50 TIMES (in a row)!
    Last edited by parkson; 04-10-09 at 11:43 PM.
    04-10-09 11:38 PM
    ive spent over a week trying to read over every tutorial and help guide related to jl cmdr. nothing works. i am on vista x64 and have followed the specific instructions for it as well. i have the same problem as listed above when after i type 'blackberry' it takes me back to the options screen. tried repeatedly 6, 7 times like suggested. i have even tried 50 times in a row (yes i counted). nothing works. has anyone with this same problem found another program that ACTUALLY WORKS on the first try? please recommend something before i jump up and down on my phone 50 TIMES!
    Dude did you do it using the command prompts as outlined in a few post above. Specifically outlined for 64 bit users like us?

04-10-09 11:43 PM
    Dude did you do it using the command prompts as outlined in a few post above. Specifically outlined for 64 bit users like us?

yes i have tried that with no success. thanks for taking the time to help but with all the hybrid and os mods i have tried installing on this phone, i am still unhappy with the overall product every time. i thought doing a wipe and a clean install might fix the problems ive been having but im doubting that now. never have i had this many problems with a phone before! i hate to say it but monday will be the day i go to ATT and get the 'jesus phone'. the people on the iphone forums dont seem to be having as many problems and they seem more pleased, overall. off to the dark side i go...

again, i appreciate it
    04-10-09 11:57 PM
    yes i have tried that with no success. thanks for taking the time to help but with all the hybrid and os mods i have tried installing on this phone, i am still unhappy with the overall product every time. i thought doing a wipe and a clean install might fix the problems ive been having but im doubting that now. never have i had this many problems with a phone before! i hate to say it but monday will be the day i go to ATT and get the 'jesus phone'. the people on the iphone forums dont seem to be having as many problems and they seem more pleased, overall. off to the dark side i go...

again, i appreciate it
    Yeah Jesus invented a phone...it's called prayer ha ha...but seriously if you used the command prompts for JL_Cmder then it will work....time after time after time after time....lol seriouly dude I would love to help...tell me where the command prompts give you trouble.
    04-11-09 12:17 AM
    Thanks so much for your post!!!! my Storm is back!!!!!
    04-11-09 01:12 PM
    What's the purpose of wiping the device ? Newbie here ..

04-12-09 01:05 AM
    Note for Vista64
    you have to change two other things...
    change the "start in" as well to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JL_Cmder\"
    and go to that directory and rename or delete the file CHOICE.COM
    then all will work!
    04-20-09 09:31 AM
    Hi Crucial Xtreme. Thank for your guide. it was a piece of cake...
    04-21-09 12:38 AM
    FOR THOSE USING VISTA 64 BIT

HOW TO: Manual Connect and wipe your BB using Command Prompt
    TY so much! You just saved my sanity!
    04-21-09 09:21 PM
    Can someone please tell me if there is an advantage to using JL_Cmder to wipe as opposed to using the device function to do the same? Thank you!

04-22-09 09:19 PM
    TY so much! You just saved my sanity!

dude your so welcome...It took me more than a month to figure out how to do it. actually doing a wipe right now lol
    04-23-09 02:12 AM
    does wiping increase app memory? i read that a wipe is probably not necessary because upgrading an os wipes the old os anyway. is a wipe only good when restoring back to factory settings or does it actually have a proven use to it? maybe it would be useful when you have a hybrid os? thanks for the help
    04-23-09 02:37 AM
    does wiping increase app memory? i read that a wipe is probably not necessary because upgrading an os wipes the old os anyway. is a wipe only good when restoring back to factory settings or does it actually have a proven use to it? maybe it would be useful when you have a hybrid os? thanks for the help
    it is speculation...I enjoy the wipe, i think it makes it work better. It is so easy it is worth the time invested in doing it. less than a minute or so. and it no it really doesn't that I know of. that depends on the OS you have installed.
    Last edited by bbearhug; 04-23-09 at 03:10 AM. Reason: update
    04-23-09 02:55 AM
    hello, need input..my friend just wipe his blackberry with JL_cmder and as far as he knows that he does not protect it with any password..so when request to password he type "no". finish wipe, when he want to upload new OS the blackberry ask for password
    what should he do? pls help

thx
    04-23-09 06:52 AM
    my computer frunning vista home premium does not install the program correctly any tips?
    04-23-09 02:01 PM
    call me ignorant and call me lazy for not putting too much time into a forum search (and yes i did one) but why use this program to wipe the handheld? why this vs. using the wipe handheld through the bb's internal option?
    04-23-09 05:07 PM
    I also had trouble installing on my Vista Home x86. I fixed it by right-clicking the install file and running as an admin. Worked beautifully after that.

I know this is a fairly old How-to but maybe CX should consider adding the whole run as admin detail in there.
    04-23-09 08:58 PM
    I cant seem to get this to work. I have tried several times (running vista home on a mac) and I can't get the 507 error to come up. But before it goes back to the black options screen it says connected. What am I doing wrong?
    04-24-09 11:42 AM
    Nice & Informative Tutorial.. Thanx dude
    04-26-09 03:28 AM
    This great CX, many thanks!
    04-26-09 08:10 AM
    It will not install my os. I have .90 on my computer. vendor is deleted. It says no software on your pc to match your device. Please Help anyone???

*cancel, I'm so impatient when it comes to my bb......*
    Last edited by blackberry9999; 04-26-09 at 05:38 PM.
    04-26-09 05:27 PM
    how long does i have to wait for the "507" error to appear?!?!?!?1 my screen is just black!!! what happened
    04-26-09 07:13 PM
656 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD